News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Sweden Register of Interest

Started by IvanDrugostrov, August 21, 2007, 07:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oskila

Quote from: IvanDrugostrov on August 23, 2007, 11:21:34 AM
Quote from: oskila on August 22, 2007, 09:57:43 PM
Well, as always, tradera can be your friend. I just got this home for example. You have to be lucky to get an antique-looking swivel chair though... And I strongly suspect that if you find one, it'll be very expensive.

I think you are right. Heh, they say it's a monocle but the picture clearly shows it's a pair of glasses!

Yes, I informed the seller that it was in fact a pince-nez and not at all a monocle :)
Whoever after due and proper warning shall be heard to utter the abominable word "Frisco", which has no linguistic or other warrant, shall be deemed guilty of a High Misdemeanor, and shall pay into the Imperial Treasury as penalty the sum of twenty-five dollars. (Emperor Norton I of the US, 1872)

Vienna Fahrmann

Dear Ivan,

Would you like me to mail you a copy of the Butterick pattern?

Vienna

IvanDrugostrov

Quote from: Vienna Fahrmann on August 24, 2007, 04:47:52 PM

Dear Ivan,

Would you like me to mail you a copy of the Butterick pattern?

Vienna

I certainly wouldn't disapprove! I'm a hoarder and an opportunist, so having potentially useful stuff around is appreciated.
Sure, that would be great. You can PM me to discuss it further.
Support your local struggling author!
Enjoy my retro web page.
www.necroterra.com

Vienna Fahrmann

Dear Ivan,

I got your pattern, but seem to be having a problem contacting you on my other e-mail.

Vienna

Andy_W

I was in Malmo last year for a visit. One of the trinket shops sold rather nice cog styled jewelery. It was in the square full of bars. I can't recall the name of the square. I'll go look on google earth and pin point it.

oskila

Whoever after due and proper warning shall be heard to utter the abominable word "Frisco", which has no linguistic or other warrant, shall be deemed guilty of a High Misdemeanor, and shall pay into the Imperial Treasury as penalty the sum of twenty-five dollars. (Emperor Norton I of the US, 1872)

Dr_Lew_Addle

Ivan & Vienna: May I be a prynose and inquire what pattern you are discussing?

First post :)

oskila

Welcome!

Now there are at least 6 posting swedes on the forum :)

IvanDrugostrov

Quote from: Dr_Lew_Addle on September 12, 2007, 07:38:02 PM
Ivan & Vienna: May I be a prynose and inquire what pattern you are discussing?

First post :)

Vienna has most graciously offered to send me some clothing patterns.
I am at present time unsure exactly what kinds we are talking about, save that they are steampunk friendly.
Enjoy my retro web page.
www.necroterra.com

Dr_Lew_Addle

Any chance i might be able to get some copies?

I must confess a certain prowess with the sewing machine and the simpler needle and thread.

IvanDrugostrov

Quote from: Dr_Lew_Addle on September 13, 2007, 10:50:29 AM
Any chance i might be able to get some copies?

I must confess a certain prowess with the sewing machine and the simpler needle and thread.

I belive it is very possible. I am unsure how restricted the messurements are. It will probably be quite a while before I receive them. Say, about two weeks or so?
Enjoy my retro web page.
www.necroterra.com

Dr_Lew_Addle

Thats quite alright :)

I have no funds to pay you the postage yet anyway.

And since i went to tailoring school (sic) i will probably have no trouble adapting the pattern to my rather corpulent carcass.

IvanDrugostrov

The postage for some sheets of paper? Don't worry. It's on me.
Enjoy my retro web page.
www.necroterra.com

Dr_Lew_Addle

Much appreciated!

I hope i can do something for you one day.

oskila

I wants a pattern too, but I can meet you IRL to save postage.  :)

IvanDrugostrov

Now now boys. I told you; the patterns won't be here for weeks. We'll get back to the subject once they arrive. Anyone interested should be able to benefit from them. We take care of our own. ^_Q
Enjoy my retro web page.
www.necroterra.com

Vienna Fahrmann

Dear Ivan,

I'm posting the pattern (2 vests & 1 tailored jacket) this Saturday.

Vienna

IvanDrugostrov

Gee! I'm tingly all over! Thanks a lot. Really went above and beyond.
Enjoy my retro web page.
www.necroterra.com

Vienna Fahrmann

Dear Ivan,

I hope you find it useful.

Vienna

Dr_Lew_Addle

Even though its Ivan thats getting the patterns i must thank you as well Fräulein Fahrmann.

now onto something completely different.
How many of us turnips has a pair of brassgoggles?Can one get by with only one pair? The reason I'm asking is that I'm endeavoring to build some for my self to start with and if I'm successful to offer some pairs up for sale.

This will commence as soon as i can get my hands on a new small blowtorch and some more silversolder and/or lowtemp brasing rods.

Russandol

Oh, seems I missed this thread eariler... so, well, here's another Swede  ;)

IvanDrugostrov

I do not own a single pair of goggles. I have yet to find a pair that looks sufficiently old / steampunk for my taste. I would be interested in purchasing a pair of hand made ones, were the price right. I have lots of other safety glasses, though. They are neither nice to look at nor through. I have seen more swedes about who haven't registered. Perhaps I should run a more serious register here? An initial post with a list of users with their names a cleverly disguised link to their profile? It would be nifty, but I am unsure of its point.
Enjoy my retro web page.
www.necroterra.com

Russandol

Quote from: IvanDrugostrov on September 14, 2007, 08:27:36 PM
I do not own a single pair of goggles.

Neither do I (I have always been more for the gentleman look ;)) but I'd also be interested in hand made ones if they were reasonably priced...

Atterton

I don´t have any goggles either. They just don´t seem victorian for me.
Resurrectionist and freelance surgeon.

oskila

If I ever get a pair of goggles (I'm very picky) I'll be restricted to wearing them on the hat anyway, since putting my strange prescription lenses in them would be awfully costly.