News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

Sweden Register of Interest

Started by IvanDrugostrov, August 21, 2007, 07:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warwolt the engineer

bah! Im more for steampunk itself than the victorian style. Im all for the machinery and GOGGLES. god Brass goggles in all their shapes and forms are just adorable ;) The same goes for Aether/Clockwork-backpacks  :)
No one have mentioned Sciefiction bokhandeln in stockhom (gammla stan to be exact) yet, they got some nice books. Both literary and roleplay.

oskila

There is also a science fiction-bokhandeln (SF-bookstore) in Gothenburg, but I think all concerned already know that :)
Whoever after due and proper warning shall be heard to utter the abominable word "Frisco", which has no linguistic or other warrant, shall be deemed guilty of a High Misdemeanor, and shall pay into the Imperial Treasury as penalty the sum of twenty-five dollars. (Emperor Norton I of the US, 1872)

Atterton

There is also a bookstore in Lund with some good stuff, both fantasy and sci-fi.
Resurrectionist and freelance surgeon.

Russandol

Quote from: oskila on September 14, 2007, 10:02:42 PM
There is also a science fiction-bokhandeln (SF-bookstore) in Gothenburg, but I think all concerned already know that :)

That one's not close to the size of the one in Stockholm though...

Arclight

Next in line for säpo registration... Hello, ladies and gents. Thought I'd better say hi.
And while I'm here, could anyone recommend a good place to buy textiles? In Gothenburg, maybe? I've been through the ones close to me already. I mean, how hard can it be to find something nice for a vest?

IvanDrugostrov

Quote from: Arclight on September 15, 2007, 05:41:52 PM
Next in line for säpo registration... Hello, ladies and gents. Thought I'd better say hi.
And while I'm here, could anyone recommend a good place to buy textiles? In Gothenburg, maybe? I've been through the ones close to me already. I mean, how hard can it be to find something nice for a vest?

I know of only one textile shop of sufficient size, and in GBG, but I can't remember it's name, and I'm no good with street names. I think it might by Övre Husargatan. It's right at the edge of Annedal, close to Olivedalsgatan. Don't know if that is any help at all.
Support your local struggling author!
Enjoy my retro web page.
www.necroterra.com

Arclight

Well, it's a start at least, something to keep in mind the next time I go there. Thanks!

oskila

Quote from: IvanDrugostrov on September 15, 2007, 06:34:54 PM

I know of only one textile shop of sufficient size, and in GBG, but I can't remember it's name, and I'm no good with street names. I think it might by Övre Husargatan. It's right at the edge of Annedal, close to Olivedalsgatan. Don't know if that is any help at all.

Myrins textil. They have a more outlet-ish store in the Sävenäs area also.
Whoever after due and proper warning shall be heard to utter the abominable word "Frisco", which has no linguistic or other warrant, shall be deemed guilty of a High Misdemeanor, and shall pay into the Imperial Treasury as penalty the sum of twenty-five dollars. (Emperor Norton I of the US, 1872)

IvanDrugostrov

Quote from: oskila on September 16, 2007, 11:17:34 AM
Quote from: IvanDrugostrov on September 15, 2007, 06:34:54 PM

Myrins textil. They have a more outlet-ish store in the Sävenäs area also.

Oskila is quite right. That's the one.
Enjoy my retro web page.
www.necroterra.com

Arclight

Warwolt the engineer

Anyone know where I get good gears in Stockholm? Ive found myself quite fancied by creating neclaces and ornaments, and Ive already got a few things going on in my mind but I need some info about getting the right stuff in stockholm :)

August_Cobb

hello everyone, this is my first post here ^^ i'm swede..
well i've almost finished with my first ever home made googles with a chronovisor
what's the swedish word for chronovisor?
what cannot be done, i shall do! in the name of science

Atterton

I doubt there is a swedish word for it, I don´t even know what it is. But it sounds latin.

Arclight

Warwolt: I'd say find a second hand store, and buy an old clock.

August_Cobb: I doubt there is a swedish word for chronovisor, no. Also, a quick read of the wikipedia article tells me that the chronovisor was a pretty large thing. How do you plan on translating that to something that fits on your goggles? I'm looking forward to seeing pics!

Warwolt the engineer

Kronovisir? Kronoskärm?  ;D
Thanks for the idea, might just have to snatch a clock. Damn I know we had one of those old things before but I guess we threw it!

August_Cobb

Quote from: Arclight on September 17, 2007, 08:22:29 AM
August_Cobb: I doubt there is a Swedish word for chronovisor, no. Also, a quick read of the wikipedia article tells me that the chronovisor was a pretty large thing. How do you plan on translating that to something that fits on your goggles? I'm looking forward to seeing pics!

well it's not very big, and sits on the right side of my goggles, and is connected to a antenna which absorbs time masses and load in to the extra lens ^^
what cannot be done, i shall do! in the name of science

Warwolt the engineer

Instead of transmitting chrono-waves perhaps its a form of aerial that transmits data to a chronovisor in your lab? And as its travell in time (and space  ;D) you dont have to worry about the length. So the goggles recieves information and sends it to the Chronovior then its sent back  ;)

Dr_Lew_Addle

Well now i have my brasingtorch,silversolder,flux and some other supplies so now i just have to polish up on my soldering skills.

Warwolt the engineer

En fråga varför talar vi inte svenska i tråden? Är det för at inte skrämma bort icke-svenska medlemmar?

oskila

ungefär. tråden är ju en allmän diskussion som alla andra, så alla ska kunna vara med.

<translation>
SV:En fråga varför talar vi inte svenska i tråden? Är det för at inte skrämma bort icke-svenska medlemmar?

EN:A question, why don't we speak swedish in this thread. Is it because we don't want to scare non-Swedish members away?

SV:ungefär. tråden är ju en allmän diskussion som alla andra, så alla ska kunna vara med.

EN: More or less. This thread is a public discussion like the other, so everyone should be able to participate.
</translation>

Atterton

I do think the moderators would be annoyed if we started speaking in Swedish, seeing as they would no longer be able to moderate us. It also keeps swedish chef jokes to a minimum.

Warwolt the engineer

Ah, so I guess the thread is more like  "Thread o sweds" than "Thread for sweds"  ;)

IvanDrugostrov

Indeed. I'm just rounding us all up, so we can exchange info that is relevant to our locale. And also, if we ever plan a meet.
Enjoy my retro web page.
www.necroterra.com

Atterton

I´m suprised at the number of swedes on here. A scandinavian meetup could be a definite possibility. I do wonder where all the norwegians are though.

Warwolt the engineer

I think (atleast thats how I see it) sweden is very open to ... well everything. We aren't to much for "swedish" stuff and more of international things. Might be so in other countries but I get the feel most countries want their own stuff rather than others. Or its just that sweds love steampunk... I don't know.

A steampunk meetup at a Con somewhere now that sounds really interesting!