News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

The Not So Secret Society

Started by Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz, October 07, 2011, 01:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkthebassline

*Draws Smith & Wesson Model 3 Russian*

Lets just say I want to expect the best and be prepared for the worst.
"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins

Private Weasel

With all the cards carefully but randomly places back into the automotive soldier the back panel is carefully replaced. For a moment there is silence, then with a slight shudder the Private announces in a chirpy, almost sing song voice

"New protocol engaged!"

"Please wait!"

He stands there, static. A bemused smile across his lips. His eyebrows furrowed in what a military engineer must have thought to be a deep, meaningful and contemplative expression.

This could take some time

(Mostly because I'm finished for the day and I wont be back at a computer for 12 hours now)

walkthebassline

*holsters pistol slowly*

Well that's done for a bit. Anyone care for a cigar?
"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins

Evelyn Adler

*gets up from the floor, trying to look as dignified as possible*

Hysterical, pah!
It's just that it is so very embarrassing, to confuse a Gentleman with his clockwork replica. Only, you know, you can never tell with these Englishmen. Stiff upper lip and all that... *wipes an invisible speck of dust off her sleeve*

What do we do now with this.. thing?
It seems to be processing something. That may take a while, I've seen something like that at the University in Bamberg, with Professor Unheil, who had a similar clockwork automaton.
Although, that one was a butler. I don't know what this is....

Maybe we should lock it in somewhere? You know... just in case...?
Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. (Cecil Beaton)

walkthebassline

I do believe one of the other members of this Un-Society may or may not have had a lock of some sort?

~ David St. Hubbins

Private Weasel

Suddenly and without much warning the Private's arm jerks to life and moves with precision to it's chin.

"Hmm" he announces.

"Mission parameters unclear. I'm either here not to secretly infiltrate a society or to infiltrate a not secret society. Neither of these make sense. Variables must be reversed. Resetting."

"Hello, as Spy equals zero and kills you equals zero. Resetting to passive small talk mode to wait for further instructions"

"The weather is inclement, how do you plead?"

Angus A Fitziron

Oh dear, I fear the worst...

Quick, close all the Windows

which buttons equate to <Control> <Alt> <Delete>?
Airship Artificer, part-time romantik and amateur Natural Philosopher

"wee all here are much troubled with the loss of poor Thompson & Sutton"

Evelyn Adler

Maybe you try the little one, there, at the end of the row of buttons? The one that says "Reset"?
*backs slowly away*
Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. (Cecil Beaton)

Private Weasel

"Thank you General! Order please?"

Evelyn Adler

Oh my!
Who does it mean with "General"?

Cubinoid

*From behind a screen*

"Get it to make tea, quick! Milk, one sugar!"
We are proud to present the Surrey Steampunk Convivial, for your pleasure:

psn1der

*sneaks around door from 4th hallway to right*

Ladies, gentlemen...Private Weasel.  I've run into the Dr.  Quite literally, I suppose, as I now have this syringe sticking out of my arm and can only tell the truth.

The General is looking for us and the tea is poisoned.

*passes out*

walkthebassline

Dear gods! They poisoned the tea?! The inhumanity! The nerve!

*rushes over to psn1der*

Well lets get this syringe out of here.

*puts on gloves, yanks out syringe, applies smelling salts*

~ David St. Hubbins

Private Weasel

Private Weasel returns from the kitchen, a silver tray, burdened with a plethora of tea cups, an array of teapots and a collection of teaspoons.

Pouring Mister Cubinoid a steaming beverage, he holds it out politely to screen he is hidden behind and cheerfully announces:

"Thank you General! Order please?"

Evelyn Adler

I'd like a cup of tea as well. No sugar, milk in a separate cup if you please!

Private Weasel

The lowly Private is a brief flurry of activity and in short order a steaming cup of tea is presented to Ms Adler.  The milk is, as ordered separate, but despite your clear instruction not to, the delicate china bowl, brimming with cubed sugar is placed amongst the proceedings. Fine silver tongs delve into the bowl and a crystalline square is removed.

"Poison?" asks the clockwork squaddie, "One lump or two?"

Evelyn Adler

Ah, I was wondering... saves me the trip to the not existing lab!
What poison is it, pray tell? Not cyanide I hope? I'm allergic to almonds!

walkthebassline

*sniffs the cubes cautiously*

Might it be Iocane? We might be in luck if it is.

~ David St. Hubbins

bassspine

*ahem* will you please hurry up and let me out of this box? All I can see is five keyholes....
Bwahahaha! They called me mad! MAD! But with my cross-dimensional time-fez I'll show them!!!!! hehehehe!!

Angus A Fitziron

Oh, sorry old chap! Let's see now, I have one key...

Airship Artificer, part-time romantik and amateur Natural Philosopher

"wee all here are much troubled with the loss of poor Thompson & Sutton"

Mercury Wells

*Comes to, checks myself*

Ahem! I say everybody what the Dickens just happened? All I can recall is trying to inform you that, "The Postman is none other than..." *another shot rings out hitting the box*(hah missed!)
Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.

Cubinoid

"Argh! I'm hit!"
*Sound of crashing china and sploshing tea*

"Darn...waste...of..."

"...sorry..."

*Sound of body slumping to the floor*
We are proud to present the Surrey Steampunk Convivial, for your pleasure:

walkthebassline

*rushes to Cubinoid's side*

I say, this is getting a bit ridiculous even for a non-existent society. Does anyone have formal medical training?

I dare say we'll be wiped out in short order at this rate.

~ David St. Hubbins

bassspine

gosh that's better, there's some air coming in now... I think the lock's broken though. If I can just reach my back pocket, my aural-oscilatory rotating fastener tool's in there. <rummages>
Bwahahaha! They called me mad! MAD! But with my cross-dimensional time-fez I'll show them!!!!! hehehehe!!