News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

The Not So Secret Society

Started by Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz, October 07, 2011, 01:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jupiter Harsh

Quote from: Cubinoid on October 28, 2011, 08:33:35 PM
Quote from: Jupiter Harsh on October 15, 2011, 01:27:15 PM
*slowly and quietly slides down the chimney* [if ther isn't one I'll damm well make one! quietly and silently]
*sees that nobody's noticed his presence, extracts small smoke granade and very small flashbang granade, pulls both rings and hurls them to the ground shouting:*

CA-POW, BEHOLD!

I am still confused as to why Jupiter threw those two rings on the ground and then disappeared in a flash of smoke?

They are my secret weapon, the dreaded REVERSE GRANADE!
Just pull the ring off, holding the body in the other hand, and throw said ring on the ground.

i invented them to stop the enemy from using them against me  :P
Veni, vidi, castratavi illegittimos
"But we don't really live in the past; we live in the present as it should have been if the entire 20th century hadn't gone so horribly wrong!"

Cubinoid

Good job the ring is still connected to the pin, otherwise they would have gone off!

This cryptic map seems to be out of date. They change every week, psn1der, you know. You DO know, don't you?
You HAVE been fully initiated haven't you?

We are proud to present the Surrey Steampunk Convivial, for your pleasure:

psn1der

Mercury Wells

BTB...Todays not so secret password is
Spoiler: ShowHide
not a password.
Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.

Private Weasel

Sadly I cannot not turn up to the Not so secret meeting or the Not so secret society.

But I can't tell you why.  If you need me, I'll be over here (potentially)

Oh, whilst I'm not here - do we have a set secret laugh?  Are we going for a cackle? A traditional Muahahahaha Or more of a Bwahahahaha

It's important to sort these things out now, just incase a not so secret service tries to stop us.

Lady Chrystal

Greetings, Private and welcome.

Personally, I go for the Mwah-ha-ha-ha style, but I cannot speak for anhy other non-existent members of a society that only exists in fevered imaginations.

Help yourself to refreshments, by the way. I'd recommend the coffee, but don't eat the biscuits, they're for the dogs.
"The Chrystal? Ah, now - that would be telling."

Private Weasel

Cubinoid

Quote from: psn1der on November 13, 2011, 07:42:09 AM
errr...

Why yes.  Have you?

I am afraid I am not at liberty to discuss that given the present level of security.
All I can say on the matter is, "The goose with the greenest eggs flies south in June"...if you know what I mean.

Private Weasel

Cubinoid

Quote from: Private Weasel on November 14, 2011, 02:17:42 PM
Do we have dogs?

Shh...don't tell everyone about them.

Quote from: Private Weasel on November 14, 2011, 03:46:02 PM
So we have geese?

No, just the one. Well, we did have before June at least.

Quote from: Private Weasel on November 14, 2011, 12:59:10 PM

Oh, whilst I'm not here - do we have a set secret laugh?  Are we going for a cackle? A traditional Muahahahaha Or more of a Bwahahahaha

It's important to sort these things out now, just in case a not so secret service tries to stop us.

The "Muahahahaha - Ahem" is personally my Secret Snigger, I must say. However, I think the accepted form is that any style of laugh is permissible as long as it is followed by a swift "Ahem", and a beady look left and right whilst raising one eyebrow. If possible, attempt to shield your mouth with a cape or some such whilst doing the shifty glance. Please destroy this post after you have read it...

mark V

Ahem Jupiter? rings? I think you had a visit from Saturn in disguise  ;D
general hammer abuser former lawnmower fireman

Cubinoid

Quote from: mark V on November 14, 2011, 03:59:16 PM

You may well be right. I noticed a lot of moons just before he departed.

psn1der

Quote from: Cubinoid on November 14, 2011, 08:52:36 PM
Quote from: mark V on November 14, 2011, 03:59:16 PM

You may well be right. I noticed a lot of moons just before he departed.

Er...I don't believe that was a planetary moon, Cubinoid.  You were obviously distracted by a more...um...shall we say...fleshy sphere.  No wonder you lost track of Jupiter.

Cubinoid

Did I say departed? Damn my dyslexia. And the lingering gaseous odour.

Lady Chrystal

Oh! And I had already sent the dog outside.

Not that we have any dogs, of course. Or a door to the outside world. If there is an outside world, that is - I would prefer not to admit to anything today...

"The Chrystal? Ah, now - that would be telling."

Evelyn Adler

*opens the door from the outside world*

Excuse me, but does someone in here own the dog that just made a mess in the shop next door?
And what does this sign here at the door mean? "No meeting of not existing secret society. Do NOT enter at your own risk!"
Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. (Cecil Beaton)

The Sammy

A good question... a better one is, why the hell am I here, what's with these damned black robes, and why can I taste pickles?
~Longeye~

Cubinoid

Quick! He's coming to! Roll down his trouser leg, someone! Hide the pickles!

By the way, in the interests of security, I have ordered this huge brass 5 key lock that only opens when all five keys are inserted in the correct order and turned simultaneously. It has the initials of the Non-Existant-Secret-Society on it. Now there have been rumours that this incredibly secure device is not even real! Vicious rumours! Scandalous lies!  >:(

I would like to put those rumours to rest, and finally assure all of us...that 'Lock NESS' really does exist. 
Now, if anyone would like to see a photo...it is rather blurry I'm afraid...black and white...can't really make it out - a bit grainy; just there...I think...See? It was taken at night. That shape there? Or...there. That could be a corner.

;D

Mercury Wells

Are you sure thats "lock NESS"? It looks more like Uranus to me.  :o
Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.

psn1der

That's just GREAT.  We have a monster lock that no one has the keys to and the whole of Uranus knows we exist...

Next thing you know, we'll be posted on the interweb and Justin Bieber's fans will want in!   ???

Angus A Fitziron

*doorbell rings on secret door

"I have a registered parcel here needs signing for please, in the name of Mr. Lock Ness. It contains 5 large and complex keys and is marked Top Secret"
Airship Artificer, part-time romantik and amateur Natural Philosopher

"wee all here are much troubled with the loss of poor Thompson & Sutton"

Cubinoid

"I'm afraid I can't sign for it. This building is currently unoccupied, and I am not the owner.

However, I'll take the package and leave it just here for the next owner - it looks quite important. Good day."

Angus A Fitziron

"I'm sorry sir, that would not be possible. However, if you are the recipient named on the parcel but of necessity just happen to be out at the present, then I could leave the parcel here for your return as long as you sign for it on behalf of yourself. I am sorry sir, company rules you know..."

Airship Artificer, part-time romantik and amateur Natural Philosopher

"wee all here are much troubled with the loss of poor Thompson & Sutton"

Cubinoid

"Well, let's see...what is the recipient name?"

psn1der

"Oh, look!  It says 'To whom it may not concern'."  "I think that's us".