News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

The Not So Secret Society

Started by Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz, October 07, 2011, 01:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cubinoid

"Oh that is for me then. Here, I can sign that."

(Signs, "Whom")

I take it you don't need my full name?
We are proud to present the Surrey Steampunk Convivial, for your pleasure:

Angus A Fitziron

*obsequiously "If 'Whom' is how you would address yourself when here sir, then it is your full name.

That will be perfectly adequate, thank you."

*carefully receives receipt and pen making sure not to smudge fingerprints, DNA trace or ink...

"Have another day"
Airship Artificer, part-time romantik and amateur Natural Philosopher

"wee all here are much troubled with the loss of poor Thompson & Sutton"

Cubinoid

*Closes door, listens for footsteps to die away.
*Removes pigskin gloves and places then in the Time-Space Incinerator.

"Have 'another' day? I wonder what he meant by that?"

"Right-oh! We'll need to find the Secret Screwdrivers. Does anyone remember where the map for the location of the Secret Screwdrivers is?"

Evelyn Adler

Last time I saw it, it was in there! *points to the Time-Space-Incinerator*
Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. (Cecil Beaton)

psn1der

Is there not an Un-do button it it, then?

Evelyn Adler

There was. Someone un-buttoned it.
Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. (Cecil Beaton)

psn1der

Alright, fine!  Here *digs around in skirt pockets* you can use my set of Secret Screwdrivers.  Give them back when you are done, though.  They were passed down from my Granny.

Cubinoid

"Thanks. What's the combination for the lock?"

Angus A Fitziron

7left, 5 right, 8 left, 2 right and 4 complete turns widdershins. See, it's written there, on the side of the box!

Sorry, didn't mean to creep up on you. I let myself in, got the address out of Yellow Pages, er... you are the Not So Secret Society, aren't you? I am on the hunt for an automaton that I have just finished - well, its got a few wrinkles still - it is dressed like a postman and has a bit of an attitude. It's his Primary Directive I am a bit worried about, still a few gremlins in the old software you know. I think he may be coming here, I found your name, heavily underlined, in the Yellow Pages, so...

Why are you all looking at me like that?

Evelyn Adler

Um... beg your pardon, I thought you just said "postman"?
What exactly was it you're worried about?

Mercury Wells

Because the "Postman" is none other than...*A shot rings out from near the Scotch decanter*...urrrrrgh, * I fall down, apparently dead*.
Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.

Angus A Fitziron

Dear me, what was that?

Oh, nothing much Evelyn, just some contextual confusion over the words "late delivery", with "late" usually in postal terms meaning after the due time. But sometimes it can mean , er, um, as it were... deceased. I'm not saying he... er it will but it could think late delivery means delivering "lateness" as in the other definition of the word. Not saying he it will, just might, he's a bit creepy these last few days. Been reading up about secret societies.

Now what was that noise over there?

walkthebassline

Oh! You're all...um...ah...hmm. Well anyway, how do you do? It seems that...uh...never mind.

*Finds the Comfy Chair and sits down*

I say, someone should see to this man. He's been shot by that Islay single malt.
"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins

Angus A Fitziron

Probably explains the smell of seaweed. Is there any of the malt left?

walkthebassline

I think there is a bit. Just be sure to pick out the bits of glass before drinking.
"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins

psn1der

Will someone call the Not so Secret Physician for Mr. Wells, please?  He looks to be injured, not deceased.

Now what was he saying before he...Oh dear!  Would you look at that?

Cubinoid

*Looks up and gesticulates with screwdriver* "This package is ticking, you know."

Evelyn Adler

Probably too much to hope, that it's just a new pocket watch?
Should we advise Igor to take it to the bomb disposal unit in the vault?
You know, the secret vault, the one that doesn't exist... *wink* *wink*

Lady Chrystal

#pokes head around door#

"Hello. Has anyone seen a parcel for me? I'm expecting a skeleton clock made of real human bones. It should arrive sometime today...?"
"The Chrystal? Ah, now - that would be telling."

MWBailey

*pops up out of the trapdoor behind the settee* Hel-lo, I have a parcel here for a Ms. 'Chrystal.'
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

walkthebassline

And just what is with all these parcels being delivered? For a society that doesn't exist we seem to be getting a lot of mail.

~ David St. Hubbins

psn1der

Never mind the ticking boxes of bones...I'm sure they will take care of themselves.  I'll just take the secret screwdrivers back, please.  I need to be somewhere just now...before Mr. Wells' physician arrives. 

*runs down 3rd hallway to the left*

Angus A Fitziron

Ooh, people running aimlessly down hallways - does that mean that the whole set of Doctor Who has discovered the Not So Secret Society?

walkthebassline

*looks around cautiously*

*slips sonic screwdriver in a coat pocket*

No, I don't think so...why, does this remind you of the TARDIS?

~ David St. Hubbins

Angus A Fitziron

Well, apart from odd people running pointlessly all over the place, the strange assemblage of obscure equipment and the fact that it appears to be bigger inside than out, no!