News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

Introduce yourself!

Started by Nikandedd, March 05, 2007, 05:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vienna Fahrmann

Hello All

I'm new to this forum, so I thought I'd do a short introduction.  I've been reading the posts for a while & I seem to have come to the community in the same way many others have...by discovering there was a name & community of people who were interested in the same things that fascinate me.  I "officially" found out about steampunk when I looked up Jules Vernes biography on Wikipedia (I wanted to check some dates & details) & was directed to the Steampunk entry.  I had a Eureka! moment & have gone on from there.  I'm looking forward to getting to know more people in the steampunk community.

Vienna

Akael

Welcome, welcome, to our humble little corner of the world!

MrFats

*emerges from the ether, covered in aether grease, smelling of curry with a watch in hand*

Did anyone see where that..oh, hello! Welcome to this little bit of ether. Please do stay a while, won't you...Fahrmann, was it? Well, greetings!
Fueled by coffee, powered by steam
Scientist, philosopher, photographer, writer

Kabuki

Quote from: Akael on July 23, 2007, 03:12:42 AM
Welcome, welcome, to our humble little corner of the world!

It is constructed of brass, iron, and leather, with lots of rivets.  Make sure to bring yer goggles!
The only thing more important that squashing one's foe, is doing so with style and panache... - Jake of All Trades

Join the fun here: http://www.b

MrFats

Or simply borrow a pair.

"Raul! Fetch Fahrmann a pair of nice goggles....Make them brass!"
Fueled by coffee, powered by steam
Scientist, philosopher, photographer, writer

Akael

*sniffs the air a couple of times*  So THAT'S where the last of my curry powder went!

mjolinr

I'll just say hello and welcome aboard.
YIKES, and away.

Mad Maxine

Guten Tag! (please imagine umlauts, as needed)
Dedicated to the destruction and repair of objects in the name of curiosity.

A. Heron

It seems you have crossed the boundary.

Your fate is sealed.

*creepy theremin music plays*
Man is a microcosm, or a little world, because he is an extract from all the stars and planets of the whole firmament, from the earth and the elements; and so he is their quintessence.
Paracelsus

anjin

Welcome, I'm pretty new too here on the forum, anyway it's a very nice and interesting place where to share our passion/style of life. :)
--
Anjin
"un marinaio non prega per il tempo buono... impara
a navigare"
www.anjinart.com
http://anjinart.blogspot.com

Vienna Fahrmann

Thank you for the welcome, i'm sure I'll enjoy this community.   I might even invest in a pair of goggles now...

Vienna

dman762000

*sniff, sniff* Who's been eating curry, oh, hey, nice to meet you Vienna, welcome to the group, by the by, you wouldn't happen to have a brass wheel bearing remover on you would you?
"Dammit all, the hydrogen catalysts have gone off again!"

Per Ardua Surgo

Era

Dearest Members of this Esteemed Community,

I searched around the forum for any note of whether or not introductory posts were welcome, but found no information to the contrary; so, here I go!

My birth name, if you must know, is Valerie Kathryn. However my real name is of no utter significance online; it is sufficient enough for me to be called Era, and you may do so freely at your will. I am aged 20 years 7 months and 29 days, half Polish and half Pennsylvania Dutch, and a citizen of the United States by birth. I live with my British-American boyfriend Aaron and my best friend Eric in a cozy townhouse apartment in the city. I attend schooling at a private university where I am majoring in Business Leadership and Management; my ambition is to be a Scholar and Entrepreneur of sorts. I am also the proud parent of 3 rescued felines, Muffin, Biscuit, and Shadow.

History is a bit of a passion for me, and my favorite era is the Victorian Era in American history. I also enjoy cooking, gardening, painting, reading, music, and a healthy dose of technology. Another part of my life is Lolita fashion; I've found that its lifestyle ties in well with the steampunk aesthetic, and as such both suit me to a tee.

I have loved Steampunk before my lips had a name by which to call it, and I hope to further immerse myself in its aesthetics through this community. I hope you'll find it in your hearts to accept me as one of your own, and I'd like to have the chance to get to know you all over time!

With Loving Respect,
Era

P.S.-- Here are a few recent pictures of myself; I hope you will find them satisfactory!

Me, daydreaming:

Contrary to this picture, I really know little about playing the piano. Still learning!

Scrumptious!

The look on my face here is positively stunning. No, really.

Sipping tea over an elegant Victorian breakfast:
--------------------
Lady Era Wakely
Historian. Scholar. Polymath.

Daemon

Welcome! The others in these pictures, are they just friends or an organized group? Either way its so nice to see you all having fun together all dressed up. Perhaps others here (on Brass Goggles) will be inspired to provide photographic evidence of their social outing also.

Era

Daemon,

The pictures are from an organized outing; a weekend group at a Victorian bed and breakfast. It was a lovely time, I'd recommend such an experience to anyone.

I do hope to see pictures of others' outings! I've browsed through some of the pictures already posted here and enjoyed every one.

Sincerely,
Era
--------------------
Lady Era Wakely

Mad Maxine

Helloooo! and welcome.
:)
Dedicated to the destruction and repair of objects in the name of curiosity.

little-spoon

Hello dear Era, I am glad to see you decided to join us here at my behest after all.  I know many other lolitas mentioned that they too were falling to the allure of the steampunk life.  Mayhap they will join us?  Though my contributions on this forum consist of lurking mysteriosly in the shadows and ogling the wonders others produce, I am sure you will enjoy yourself just as thoroughly as I.  (For the reference of others, I am the pointy nosed girl to Era's left in the last picture., we met at said gather.)

On an aside note, what do you think of this corset, Era?  I do believe I am quite smitten with it....
http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d74585930

Era

Many thanks, Maxine!

Miss Spoon, I must thank you again for the link to this community. Just browsing through the threads I already feel so at home here. Joining was, I believe, an excellent choice on my behalf; I do hope others will follow suit!

As for that corset, it's absolutely gorgeous! Items from Alice Auaa are hard to come by, sadly. 2100 yen so far is quite a value! With 2 days left, I fear the price will go up drastically. However, I must encourage you to go for it if you do feel so inclined! Even now I am finding more and more things that I love about it.

Sincerely,
Era
--------------------
Lady Era Wakely

Enli

Welcome! And yay for lolitas. :) I used to dress FRUiTS, but I'm more fond of the punk aesthetic and I eventually returned to my gothy KERA wardrobe.
Quote from: Mister Greyshade on November 28, 2007, 06:13:24 AM
STEAMPUNK: THE NEW CULT OF DRUGS DEBAUCHARY AND DEATH

Era

Enli,

I've always admired the FRUiTS style from afar, but it was never for me. I don't think I'm brave enough, ha ha. There are some amazing outfits from that style though!

I too share your leanings toward punk, which holds a special place in my heart. While Victoriana is my obsession, I could never rid myself of my punk styling!

Sincerely,
Era
--------------------
Lady Era Wakely

dman762000

Era, Miss Spoon, it is a sincere pleasure to have ladies of such beauty and grace to join our ranks. I hope you find your time here pleasurable, and also that your charming sense of style spreads through-out this great land of ours. (The almighty cog knows that more ladies in my general area need to take some lessons from such attractive ladies as yourselves)
"Dammit all, the hydrogen catalysts have gone off again!"

Per Ardua Surgo

anjin

Welcome at the forum, Era! I hope you'll still continue to post photos of every steampunk things in your life. :)
--
Anjin
"un marinaio non prega per il tempo buono... impara
a navigare"
www.anjinart.com
http://anjinart.blogspot.com

Era

Dman, your ornate words bring roses to my cheeks. With such a warm welcome already, I am certain I will enjoy my stay here.

Anjin, many thanks! I will do my best to fulfill your request in the future; I'll try not to disappoint!

Sincerely,
Era
--------------------
Lady Era Wakely

The Little Legionnaire

Cześć!  Milo Cię widzieć. (sorry, I date a Pole so jump at any chance to try and use my minimal knowledge :p)

Anyway, welcome to the Forums.  Well done on the outfits, they really are excellent (feel a bit Alice in wonderland, though I can't really say why).  Hope you enjoy your stay, as another new arrival I really often find myself just checking through some of the amazing back posts here, especially in the prop making and digital stuff.  There really are alot of talented people here and I hope they inspire your projects as much as they do mine.
"You know what they say, a Romantic is someone who spends their life looking for a good way to die."

Wendle

Heya,

My name is Wendle. I am currently residing in Adelaide, Sunny Australia (However, not so sunny at the moment.) Well, I'm just writing
to say hello. I am somewhat new to this forum. I have been a reader for a few months, but finally decided to join. Whilst I am not strictly
Steampunk, I do enjoy a few aspects of the genre (I hope we are all above stereotypes, but hey....) I hope you do not hold this against me. Anyway. This is a bit of a post, just to say hi, and introduce myself. As I said before I am from Adelaide, Australia. I'm somewhat new
to the city (country boy!) and am in search of people with a similar interest. I am  a mild robotics freak, but hold a strong appreciation for all things mechanical. And hey, I must say, small pair of goggles are way fuckoff cool!

Bye,

Wendle.