News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Can I stop seeing updates from 'Show new replies to your posts'?

Started by proteus, December 02, 2011, 03:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

proteus

Unfortunately, no.  The version of the Forum software we use does not have a way to "unfollow" a thread you've participated in. The 2.0 version does have a mod which allows this -- but SMF 2.0 breaks the theme.

At some point, proteus will have time to port the theme to SMF 2.0, and everyone will be much happier. For now, though, we're all out of luck.
--
"Politics and religion are just like software and hardware. They all suck, the documentation is provably incorrect, and all the vendors tell lies." — Andrew Dalgleish

How To Financially Support Brass Goggles — now with a subscription option!

von Corax

We're now running SMF 2.0, which means that it is now possible to unfollow threads. Under "Profile -> Account Settings", go to "Modify Profile -> Notifications", where you will see a list of threads and boards for which you are receiving notifications; here you can cancel any of your notifications. Also, when you click the "Notify" button on a thread, it will change to "Unnotify"; clicking that button will disable notifications for that thread.
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading