News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

The Log of the HMAS Marigold OOC Thread

Started by MWBailey, December 06, 2011, 10:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MWBailey

Say a scant month since they grabbed the tablet, and a week steaming in circles, so its been about 35 to 37 days, approximately.
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

The Corsair

I'll post later in this day. It's 3 am and I'm drunk (says who?) so I daresay I wouldn't be writing at my best.
Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/

Stella Gaslight

The sound is a small record player and i am guessing here are a few traps around like that to let the crew know when someone is in the wrong place.  I was thinking it could be a false alarm scare like in horror movies or if someone can come up with something better than run with it.
I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight

Private Weasel

Cinematic Drama, I like it...  We're going to have something dreadful happen in a minute to the strains of Opera.

Evelyn Adler

I thought, the music could be this one:

S. Ramey & K. Moll "The Commendatore Scene" Don Giovanni

Also I just remembered the single purpose of every D&D rogue: look for traps!  ;D
Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. (Cecil Beaton)

Stella Gaslight

That is very fitting.  I figure the sheriff must have some way of monitoring the ship if he has survived for over a month.  I also think there is only a limited amount of the third stage greenies because with the time table of infection they must have been the first to contract it.  I think I listen to too much csi because planning the stages of a zombie plague should not be so amusing and satisfying.

Look for me on Etsy

Private Weasel

Whoops, standing on a booby trap, greenies on the way. Well you did give us dramatic music to fight to.

Private Weasel

I need to stop doing this on the mobile. Apparently the scream was "blood cuddling"

MWBailey

cuddly blood? come now, you've been watching Hellsing, haven't you... ;)

Sorry, had to go sneaker shopping with the aged parents (for their sneakers).

Private Weasel

Don't worry, I've tried to kill us all in you're absence

Evelyn Adler

I try not to let you.
Hawthorne reminds me of a kitten I knew, come to think of it... His second name was "trouble".
Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. (Cecil Beaton)

MWBailey

walkthebassline

Quote from: MWBailey on December 15, 2011, 07:07:21 PM
Quote from: Private Weasel on December 15, 2011, 06:45:42 PM
Don't worry, I've tried to kill us all in you're absence

Oh, splendid!  :D

And now I'm trying to kill myself. :D

But not really.

Its just the Green Fairy trying to kill me.
"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins

Private Weasel

Did you just do a Leroy Jenkins on us?  ;D

Brilliant!

Stella Gaslight

Well atleast you have back up and if it comes down to it old betsy packs a hell of a punch.  Please pardon my spelling.  I am on my moble phone and spell check is not working for me.

Look for me on Etsy

Evelyn Adler

Quote from: Private Weasel on December 15, 2011, 07:55:11 PM

Brilliant!

I thought PRECISELY the same!  ;D
LEEEEROOOOY....

And "a leaf on the wind"? now you're beginning to scare me!

walkthebassline

Quote from: Evelyn Adler on December 15, 2011, 09:06:13 PM

Brilliant!

LEEEEROOOOY....

Well he IS the pilot...it just seemed to fit. I couldn't help myself. :D
"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins

Evelyn Adler

Quote from: walkthebassline on December 15, 2011, 09:23:38 PM
Quote from: Evelyn Adler on December 15, 2011, 09:06:13 PM

Brilliant!

LEEEEROOOOY....

Well he IS the pilot...it just seemed to fit. I couldn't help myself. :D

;D
'specially for you:

Spoiler: ShowHide

walkthebassline

~ David St. Hubbins

Private Weasel

I can't believe Hawthorne just asked Mary out to dinner! And I wrote it, so it must be doubly unbelievable to anybody who didn't write it!  I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm just setting up Hawthorne to be brutally chomped so add to the drama for Mary in the final scenes, but never the less, exciting stuff.  I wonder if the audience remembers we have the dynamite as we might be needing it against the end of level boss greenie - he just took a shot in the chest like it was a nerf bullet.

We're gonna need a bigger boat.

Evelyn Adler

Yes, I can't believe that too!  ;D
We'll see what happens. This thing obviously has some kind of dynamic of its own.

I think, Starling's gun could take care of the bossmob, but not as long as Redburn is dancing like a leaf on the wind... hm.. then again, a tragic accident would be rather appropriate, wouldn't it?

Private Weasel

I must depart for a few hours.  It being half past one and me needing to be out of the house by 6.30!

G'night, try not to get us all eaten by greenies before I get back :p

walkthebassline

Well I'm back and I've made it out of the melee for a bit. A respite from being a leaf on the wind. I do hope I haven't doomed myself with those words.

~ David St. Hubbins

Evelyn Adler

Brilliant. Now, in the immortal words of Mortal Kombat: FINISH HIM!
....and I loved the "leaf on the wind" quote. :) I can't hear it without getting tears in my eyes, but still.

Goodnight me hearties, have fun with the rest of the green buggers, if Rourke hasn't turned up by then we should go looking...

Stella Gaslight

Starling has a few more charges if we need them later.  Goodnight all those going to sleep.  I will be on for a while yet.

Look for me on Etsy