News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

The Log of the HMAS Marigold OOC Thread

Started by MWBailey, December 06, 2011, 10:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MWBailey

Dagnabbit. Mom's off taking care of a sick relative, and Dad's lonesome, so guess who had to keep him company and play step 'n' fetch it 'til about five minutes ago... missed th' whole thing. *grumble gripe grouse* Oh well..

Handthorpe may or may not be on the level...
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

walkthebassline

Quote from: MWBailey on December 16, 2011, 02:40:27 AM
Handthorpe may or may not be on the level...

The same could be said for some of us I think.
"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins

MWBailey

MWBailey

Please note that Handthorpe is an unmitigated bastard, and his manner, words, &c. are in character only.

Private Weasel

Quote from: MWBailey on December 16, 2011, 09:17:35 AM
Please note that Handthorpe is an unmitigated bastard, and his manner, words, &c. are in character only.

Don't worry matey, understood

walkthebassline

I'll let another poster decide what Redburn just lifted off our friend Handthorpe.
"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins

Private Weasel

Well done that chap, I suspect our glorious leader should suggest something. My vote would be for a gizmo, with an enticing button on it.  Or a vial, filled with odd colour (maybe green) liquid.

Evelyn Adler

Neat! I like it!

And the item you found before Handthorpe had properly lost it, is indeed a vial, I say. With the "antidote" to keep that sickness at bay and mental sanity intact, while being infected. Handthorpe will miss it dearly I think.
Just a wild guess of course.

Handthorpe is clearly infected, he is somehow connected to the swarm. Earlier he executed one of the Dagger's henchmen, because he was starting to show signs of sickness. My guess is, Bey is trying to breed an army, to get this sickness under his control and create his own private monsters. If he managed to do that, he could threaten every country he chose to and there would be no stopping him.
I just wonder, if the two countries, Britain and Germany, are in this to stop him or to try to snatch his inventions for their own before the other does?

...I'm thinking too much!  ;D
Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. (Cecil Beaton)

The Corsair

This is moving damn fast. Between work, Christmas shopping and sleep I can hardly post...
Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/

Evelyn Adler

Quote from: The Corsair on December 16, 2011, 01:35:51 PM
This is moving damn fast. Between work, Christmas shopping and sleep I can hardly post...

I was thinking the same thing the other day, especially when I was sick. It's great fun and I LOVE the story (MWBailey, my hat's off to you!) and I'm tempted to stay glued to the computer if only not to miss a thing... but sometimes, I wish, it would just move a bit slower, so one could check once a day instead of once an hour in order not to miss anything. (And I'm the geek who has too much time on her hands and spends most of her time at the computer anyway...)

How do the others feel about this? Less posting, more real life?
Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. (Cecil Beaton)

Private Weasel

I'm happy slowing down.  I tend to post in response to another action, so I'm pretty reactionary.

I should probably get on with some work though :D

MWBailey

Quote from: Private Weasel on December 16, 2011, 12:50:11 PM
Well done that chap, I suspect our glorious leader should suggest something. My vote would be for a gizmo, with an enticing button on it.  Or a vial, filled with odd colour (maybe green) liquid.

Quote from: Evelyn Adler on December 16, 2011, 01:05:32 PM
Neat! I like it!

And the item you found before Handthorpe had properly lost it, is indeed a vial, I say. With the "antidote" to keep that sickness at bay and mental sanity intact, while being infected. Handthorpe will miss it dearly I think.
Just a wild guess of course.

Handthorpe is clearly infected, he is somehow connected to the swarm. Earlier he executed one of the Dagger's henchmen, because he was starting to show signs of sickness. My guess is, Bey is trying to breed an army, to get this sickness under his control and create his own private monsters. If he managed to do that, he could threaten every country he chose to and there would be no stopping him.
I just wonder, if the two countries, Britain and Germany, are in this to stop him or to try to snatch his inventions for their own before the other does?

...I'm thinking too much!  ;D

Yikes!

Actually the controlling gizmo to control the greenies is on the other side of the double doors, in Bey's hands (ever wonder how the giant airship got it's name?)

Handthorpe ... Yes, the purloined item probably has something to do with his incredible survival; probably an antidote, as suggested by Miss Adler, or perhaps a sort of reverse 'buck lure' to keep the monsters from attacking him.

No, Handthorpe's not infected; He's just a really antisocial, well, bastard. The fellow he killed was infected, buut he was killed for having violated Bey's Rule, which is what Handthorpe was hired for in teh first place (that and the simple fact that the bastard enjoys tormenting and killing 'transgressors; he's an 'antivillain' type of character, I suppose); that's what many of the 'Regulators' of the Old West were, basically, killers hired to control some aspect or other of the local population (according to legend at the very least).

I'll have to admit, having Handthorpe's pocket picked blindsided me; I hadn't considered that possibility -- but since it dovetails in so nicely, I think it'll work out just fine.

I hope I haven't let too much slip about things.

Sorry about moving too fast for you, Corsair.

Slowing down is fine, I just wanted to keep it going so the RP could end its 'initial episode,' so to speak, on time. But, If you want to take it slower, fine.

And thanks for the compliment, Ms. Adler! ;D

walkthebassline

Sorry to blindside you! It just seemed natural for the character. And if you only knew some of the shenanigans my old gaming group pulled in some of our campaigns you'd wonder why I was being so utterly boring. (I have seen a dragon killed with an enema. I'll leave it at that.)

Slowing down a bit is fine by me. Its been fun to post a lot but I've done online roleplay games like this that only posted once a week or so.

~ David St. Hubbins

Private Weasel

I just want to echo the compliment of Ms Adler.  Jolly good show old man!  I'm having a great deal of fun.

walkthebassline

Quote from: Private Weasel on December 16, 2011, 04:09:30 PM
I just want to echo the compliment of Ms Adler.  Jolly good show old man!  I'm having a great deal of fun.

Indeed! Despite my previous boasting about past roleplaying, this is definitely one of the best games I've played in, both on the part of the GM and the other players. I can't wait to see where this is going!

~ David St. Hubbins

Stella Gaslight

I understand how fast we have been moving it was like that in steam london when we all got the fire of the story inside us and we re posting like mad.  I can slow down to make it last. and we should start thinking of other adventures to send our crew on.  like lets say biblical plagues in Egypt or mummies wandering about. 
I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight

Evelyn Adler

Ooooh! MUMMIES!!! I love mummies!  ;D *hops up and down and claps her hands excitedly*

Stella Gaslight

Yay someone else who caught the Egypt bug.  I used to read every book on that I could find about them when i was younger.

Look for me on Etsy

MWBailey

Thanks for the compliments, folks, but I've had a lot of help, and it's mainly the group that's responsible for a good RP. It'd just be me posting isolated anecdotes if it weren't for you folks ;D.

Thinking about Bey and cohorts in a thronehall setting. I keep thinking of Oz's audience room in The Wizard of Oz, certain scenes from the Metropolis anime, and the Zeppelin Hangar scene from Hellsing Ultimate Series. Among other things...

The Corsair

I'm well accustomed to the quickfire nature of an interesting game and I love it myself. I'm not complaining (sorry, tone is difficult to convey through type) I just haven't been able to keep up properly because I'm suddenly busier than I normally ever am despite having 4 months of holiday...
Still here, just quieter

Stella Gaslight

I can understand.  I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off too.

Look for me on Etsy

Evelyn Adler

Quote from: Stella Gaslight on December 17, 2011, 12:40:17 AM
I can understand.  I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off too.

Hey, I resemble that remark!  ;)
In my case it will go on for a while, until things have settled down a bit (and hopefully, I'll have found a job then).

And: I read everything about Egypt I could find as a kid. I almost got thrown out of the Tutenchamun exhibition once, because I kept correcting the guide...
Yes, I am a know-it-all with decades of experience!  ;D

The Corsair

Alright, I'm off for the remainder of the weekend to build a deck. Seeing as that'll leave me too far out of sync with everyone else to meet up, I'll spawn my own plot spin-off. Assume I've cleared the bridge of Greenies and unlocked it and leave the medical bays unexplored, I plan on adding something there that would allow sequel openings and the like.
Still here, just quieter

Stella Gaslight

My favorite book for the longest time was the eyewitness history book of mummies.  It had them from all sorts of time periods and places.  I really liked the greek mummies that were being made in egypt at that time.  They had really interesting paintings uses as death masks.

Look for me on Etsy

MWBailey

Okay, Corsair, have at it!

I tend to come at Egyptology from the secret-passage-and-booby-trap angle. There were a whole series of Egyptian archaeology movies when from when I was about nine up until just a few years ago with the Alan Quatermain made-for-cable B-movies , involving that kind of thing, plus the usual texts. I remember one that did the sinking-stone-slab-riding-on-sand thing years before the Indiana Jones or Rick Hunter versions (sometime in the late 60s, I think, or thereabouts). And of course the recent 'Mummy' movies... hmmm...

Ms. Adler, I do believe we will be using your LZ idea...