News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

Portrayal Artwork Thread

Started by MWBailey, January 11, 2012, 09:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexis Voltaire

here's a reference map of an alternate North America for Wind in the Sails.

((click link for full-size view))

~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~

RJBowman

An alternative map of the United States, with the states defined by watersheds; geological boundaries:
http://io9.com/this-is-what-the-united-states-might-have-looked-like-1470019663

Image:

This could be used as reference for any gamer wanting to design an alternate United States.

MWBailey

Posting a new ship's portrait of the HMAS Marigold.

HMAS Marigold in the Eye Of the Storm
Altered photo of  dirigible altered and augmented in Paint Shop Pro 7 by MWBailey

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: RJBowman on November 26, 2013, 06:15:33 AM
An alternative map of the United States, with the states defined by watersheds; geological boundaries:
http://io9.com/this-is-what-the-united-states-might-have-looked-like-1470019663

Image:

This could be used as reference for any gamer wanting to design an alternate United States.

Texas could be much bigger even with the watershed boundaries. In fact, save for the "pan handle," the northern boundary of Texas on a state map is already defined by a river (Red River). The map above shows Oklahoma as the second largest state after California.

I can deduce from the watershed map that whoever drew the map was an "Okie"  ;D He will not escape the "Longhorn Revenge"!

~ ~ ~

Luftschiffengel crew repairing a hole at 30 000 ft of altitude, aboard the USAS Orca
Fearless they are. This Airship Angel looks quite calm and collected

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: MWBailey on June 02, 2018, 06:44:35 PM
Posting a new ship's portrait of the HMAS Marigold.

HMAS Marigold in the Eye Of the Storm
Altered photo of  dirigible altered and augmented in Paint Shop Pro 7 by MWBailey

General Bahlmann at the Liberation of Zacatecas City.
Impressionist painting unsigned and undated by unknown author.
Some speculate it was Édouard Manet*, Circa 1875, but naturally the
French artist would be careful not to sign the painting for fear of reprisal
at a time when French forces were beaten by the United States-Prussian Alliance.
::)  ;D
(Right click to zoom in)

The troops of General William Tecumseh Sherman joined the fleet led Admiral Johannes Wilhelm in the decisive battle of Zacatecas, taking the city nightfall on the 22 of July 1875. Having saved the government of President Benito Juarez, American troops and Airship personnel took over the City Hall of Zacatecas, while the Governors mansion was taken over by the Mexican Republican Forces, and so the occupation of the nortthern territories by Imperial forces was ended. In Zacatecas City, President Juarez' staff would set up a new temporary seat of government for Mexico while American troops marched toward Queretaro and Admiral Wilhelm's fleet resumed the aerial offensive toward Mexico City. This battle would prove to be the beginning of the end for the Aerial French and Confederate Fleets, and thus the tide turned against the ground troops of the Imperial Forces of Maximilian.

*Other propose it was a geeky middle aged man manipulating digital pictures with GiMP late at night.

The Corsair

Unstickying this thread. Most links are dead now sadly. I'd love to see some of this art re-uploaded elsewhere.

This thread will stay open. Feel free to continue using it to post artwork relating to games here.
Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/

MWBailey

Quote from: The Corsair on January 19, 2022, 10:49:38 AM
Unstickying this thread. Most links are dead now sadly. I'd love to see some of this art re-uploaded elsewhere.

This thread will stay open. Feel free to continue using it to post artwork relating to games here.

I'm searching my system for the pics of mine that have disappeared; maybe I'll be able to re-post a few of them, ir put something else in their place, as I did with the portrait of the Marigold above. Some of my artwork has disappeared overboard, unfortunately. But we'll see...

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: MWBailey on January 21, 2022, 05:57:11 AM

I'm searching my system for the pics of mine that have disappeared; maybe I'll be able to re-post a few of them, ir put something else in their place, as I did with the portrait of the Marigold above. Some of my artwork has disappeared overboard, unfortunately. But we'll see...

Quote from: MWBailey on April 22, 2023, 08:24:49 AM
"We're here to help you break jail, sir," Meri said with a mischievous smirk, "Though it would appear we are a bit late."
... Snip

If I may interrupt your fine work, Mr.Bailey, have you considered experimenting with AI to draw " quick sketches" of your story? And keeping in mind that you do know how to paint, it would just be an intermediate steps toward any final work of yours. In my case I have no such fine art skills, so I'm finding AI most useful for creating illustrations for my background stories.  I've been posting on the 2nd art thread, and I'm about to start a thread just for illustrations for "The Valkyrie and the Eagle.". Who knows? Such images might spur my imagination and allow me to start writing in earnest.

I remain AYS,

J. Wilhelm

MWBailey

Quote from: J. Wilhelm on May 24, 2023, 06:50:45 PM
Quote from: MWBailey on January 21, 2022, 05:57:11 AM

Quote from: MWBailey on April 22, 2023, 08:24:49 AM
"We're here to help you break jail, sir," Meri said with a mischievous smirk, "Though it would appear we are a bit late."
... Snip

If I may interrupt your fine work, Mr.Bailey, have you considered experimenting with AI to draw " quick sketches" of your story? And keeping in mind that you do know how to paint, it would just be an intermediate steps toward any final work of yours. In my case I have no such fine art skills, so I'm finding AI most useful for creating illustrations for my background stories.  I've been posting on the 2nd art thread, and I'm about to start a thread just for illustrations for "The Valkyrie and the Eagle.". Who knows? Such images might spur my imagination and allow me to start writing in earnest.

I remain AYS,

J. Wilhelm

ACKK!

I am so sorry, Admiral, I only just now noticed this.

I regret not letting some 3d rigger and vtuber art acquaintances of mine do free art for me; I could've used it here. I just never really considered it before. AI? Maybe, but I cant really afford to pay for it. Have to see what occurs in the offing.

Thanks for the ideas!

--MWBailey