News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

Re: Playing Dress Up (The Steam Gallery Volume 3)

Started by Stella Gaslight, March 21, 2012, 03:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frolicking Johnson

Quote from: walkthebassline on April 09, 2012, 02:27:01 PM
Quote from: Frolicking Johnson on April 09, 2012, 02:03:34 PM
My first attempt at a Steamy outfit for the Florida Steampunk Society Exhibition this coming weekend.

I think the next one is going to be in Tampa.

Thank you, Sir. I think they are going to do one in Tampa next.

Awesome job! Have fun at the Exhibition; I'm hoping to make it to the next one (assuming there is a next one!).
Stay STEAMY!!!

Mme. Ratchet

I saw a picture of somebody standing next to a steam locomotive, so I decided to try and get together a decent couple of outfits for the East Broad Top Railroad's Fall Spectacular in November. Go to www.ebtrr.com for information about it.

Voltin

Quote from: Mr. Ratchet on April 09, 2012, 09:48:31 PM
I saw a picture of somebody standing next to a steam locomotive, so I decided to try and get together a decent couple of outfits for the East Broad Top Railroad's Fall Spectacular in November. Go to www.ebtrr.com for information about it.

Grand photos everyone!

Mrs. Voltin and I are planning on taking some photos in full Steampunk attire here
http://www.lsrm.org/Home/Home.asp

We will be up that way in July for two days and one night at a Victorian B&B. We will be sure to share the pictures here once taken.
"We often mingle with the world, but our discovery is hidden away, as it can be in a small compass, and no one suspects who or what we are. We pass as tourists among our fellow-men" - Mystery Airship Pilot 1858-1898

Uncle Arthur

Quote from: Voltin on April 11, 2012, 01:33:46 AM
Quote from: Mr. Ratchet on April 09, 2012, 09:48:31 PM

Grand photos everyone!

Mrs. Voltin and I are planning on taking some photos in full Steampunk attire here

We will be up that way in July for two days and one night at a Victorian B&B. We will be sure to share the pictures here once taken.

Wave as you pass Osseo Wisconsin. I am a few miles East of there.
If at first you don't succeed , CHEAT!

sevenlies

Quote from: Voltin on April 11, 2012, 01:33:46 AM

Oh, that sounds fun!  Have a wonderful time, and I can't wait to see the photos!
Iphigenia P. Askew
Founding member of The Ladies Supernatural Exterminators Association - New Orleans Local no. 13

Seven lies multiplied by seven
Multiplied by seven again
Seven angels with seven trumpets
Send them home on the morning train

William hyde

A nice picture of me at the chatham festival of steam.
" No doubt you're thinking to escape and save the day? Sorry old chap not this time."

OswaldBastable

Quote from: William hyde on April 14, 2012, 08:32:52 PM
A nice picture of me at the chatham festival of steam.

Very nice outfit you have there sir
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre

Herbert West

"I'm not a psychopath Anderson, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research!" ~Sherlock Holmes

Capt. Dirigible

This pic I took at Chatham was crying out for a caption.

Spoiler: ShowHide
I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi

Capt. Dirigible

Here's a few shots from the Surrey Convivial that somehow I never got around to posting.

"Gather round,chaps for I have a tale of daring-do to tell..." Willoughby Chase adopts his favourite pose.

Jack Union listens intently to our fascinating guide.

My outfit for the day

Rob..Tea Duelling Champ of the day

A rose between two thorns..Jack Union,Evelyn Adler and Herr Doktor

Herr Döktor

Quote from: Capt. Dirigible on April 15, 2012, 04:53:28 PM

A rose between two thorns..Jack Union,Evelyn Adler and Herr Doktor[/spoiler]

Lovely pictures, Capt. Dirigible, I'm just glad you said "between two thorns" that's all!

;)

Herbert West

Quite a handsome group Captain. Thanks for sharing!

I finally had the oportunity to drop by my friends place for some improved photos. I'm quite jealous of their living and dining rooms.

"I'm not a psychopath Anderson, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research!" ~Sherlock Holmes

Mrs. Whatsit

Very handsome, Mr. West.  Your friends' home is quite a perfect setting for you, isn't it?
"Life, with its rules, its obligations, and its freedoms, is like a sonnet: You're given the form, but you have to write the sonnet yourself."

frances

I particularly like the last photograph.

Do you mind if I make a suggestion?  Can you find a larger magnifying glass.  That one looks a little on the small side amidst all the Victoriana.  The Victorians did everything in a Big way.

Herbert West

Quote from: frances on April 16, 2012, 12:29:59 PM

Do you mind if I make a suggestion?  Can you find a larger magnifying glass.  That one looks a little on the small side amidst all the Victoriana.  The Victorians did everything in a Big way.

Thanks for the suggestion. Though I confess it was just something I grabbed on my way out the door, not an actual part of the outfit. I'll check prices on big magnifiers though.

Mercury Wells

"Gather round,chaps for I have a tale of daring-do to tell..." Willoughby Chase adopts his favourite pose.

"It all started when Capt. Bedford had been made indisposed after a certain Mr. Johnny Foreigner tricked him into drinking something called Lager. (goes on for a hour or so)...But we overcome the fiendish plot to dispose of Her Majesty...Huzzah!".
Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.

Evelyn Adler

Quote from: Herr Döktor on April 15, 2012, 05:03:48 PM

A rose between two thorns..Jack Union,Evelyn Adler and Herr Doktor[/spoiler]

Lovely pictures, Capt. Dirigible, I'm just glad you said "between two thorns" that's all!

;)

I refrain from exploring any imagery connected with thorns and their prickly qualities. Decidedly so.
But isn't it funny to see how happy I look, sandwiched between two self-declared cads and bounders?  ;D
Lovely pic, Captain Dirigible!
Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. (Cecil Beaton)

Combat Gerbil

A small update to Captain Cudmore of HMAS Nebucadnezzar.. (Experimental Airship, all very hush hush)
Jacket almost complete, just a medal or two and ones flying wings... Was thinking along the lines of the RDC but having perused more of the forum I see there is already an established RDC, so maybe RBC??..
So.. replaced nasty black plastic buttons with nice shiny metal ones, added Captains rank pips, added lapel wings for RDC/RBC Special Operations Section and home made Aiguillette.
Comments/suggestions welcome..

Capt. Dirigible

QuoteWas thinking along the lines of the RDC but having perused more of the fi=orum I see there is already an established RDC

Which you are free to join, you know? They have RDC wings and shoulder flashes and everything!

http://royaldirigiblecorps.yolasite.com/

Grumfoss

Quote from: Combat Gerbil on April 16, 2012, 06:41:26 PM
A small update to Captain Cudmore of HMAS Nebucadnezzar.. (Experimental Airship, all very hush hush)
Jacket almost complete, just a medal or two and ones flying wings... Was thinking along the lines of the RDC but having perused more of the forum I see there is already an established RDC, so maybe RBC??..

Sir your outfit is looking spiffing Sir, you are most welcome to join us at the RDC, (We do have an experimental division....but you never heard that from me ;) )

(p.s. I an glad that you have got the correct no. of pips on your shoulders for a Captain :) )

Pip Pip

Grum

Grumfoss

Just some more photos, this time at the Wonderful National trust property of Erddig near Wrexham (North Wales)

Mmmmm Cake

Gutted at not being photographed :)

Combat Gerbil

Quote from: Grumfoss on April 17, 2012, 03:58:19 PM
Quote from: Combat Gerbil on April 16, 2012, 06:41:26 PM

Sir your outfit is looking spiffing Sir, you are most welcome to join us at the RDC, (We do have an experimental division....but you never heard that from me ;) )

(p.s. I an glad that you have got the correct no. of pips on your shoulders for a Captain :) )

Pip Pip

Grum
Many thanks for the feedback Sir. I should love to officially join you in the RDC. I have wings (RFC) already waiting for modification, Shall I shoot you an Electronic communication, or will this suffice as a request regarding enlistment?
As for the pips, I researched the rank system of the era thoroughly to ensure correct issue.

Mme. Ratchet

Quote from: Herbert West on April 15, 2012, 11:29:21 PM

I finally had the oportunity to drop by my friends place for some improved photos. I'm quite jealous of their living and dining rooms.

You sir look splendid! And you look like my lawyer. But that's okay, because I like my lawyer. He's a pretty cool guy.

Herbert West

Quote from: Grumfoss on April 17, 2012, 04:15:28 PM
Just some more photos, this time at the Wonderful National trust property of Erddig near Wrexham (North Wales)

Mmmmm Cake

Gutted at not being photographed :)

And a good time was had by all.
Some amazing photos there sir. I'm loving your friends fur collared coat.

Herbert West

Quote from: Mr. Ratchet on April 17, 2012, 08:47:09 PM
Quote from: Herbert West on April 15, 2012, 11:29:21 PM

Thank you for the kind words!
Though I do think a better pair of pants might be in order. And an iron. :)

You sir look splendid! And you look like my lawyer. But that's okay, because I like my lawyer. He's a pretty cool guy.