News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Re: Playing Dress Up (The Steam Gallery Volume 3)

Started by Stella Gaslight, March 21, 2012, 03:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unsubtle Pete

Herr Doktor, I must say that your devices on display at the market were truly stunning.
With his stovepipe hat and his drainpipe trousers he was a credit to his ironmonger.

NEW Discerning Scoundrel blog

Herr Döktor

Quote from: Unsubtle Pete on April 22, 2012, 10:42:00 PM
Herr Doktor, I must say that your devices on display at the market were truly stunning.

Thank you! And I didn't even bring the stun gun...

;)

frances

Someone came round taking photographs at the market and said that they would be posted on facebook.  Anyone know when they will be available to view?

Evelyn Adler

Quote from: Unsubtle Pete on April 22, 2012, 10:24:47 PM
Sadly, didn't get any pics of me at the White Mischif event last night.

So what is a chap to do but put it all back on for a photograph?

Spoiler: ShowHide

That was YOU?  :o
So sorry I didn't say hi! Next time then!
Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. (Cecil Beaton)

Evelyn Adler

Quote from: Herr Döktor on April 22, 2012, 10:47:25 PM

;)

I'm still waiting for the freeze ray, Herr Doktor Horrible...  ;D
Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. (Cecil Beaton)

Ulysses Reynolds

Quote from: Evelyn Adler on April 23, 2012, 12:06:48 AM

;)

I'm afraid you'll have to wait for laundry day to get it.
There is a reason for this. And trust me, when a bunch of harry potter geeks think your fucking retarded, you know there is something wrong.

Captain Brandsson

Quote from: Evelyn Adler on April 23, 2012, 12:06:48 AM

;)

Not an ice beam, that's so Johnny Snow.
- Maximilian

William hyde

The market was very good, alas I didn't find what I was looking for.
" No doubt you're thinking to escape and save the day? Sorry old chap not this time."

frances

Oh dear.  What were you looking for Mr Hyde?

William hyde

QuoteOh dear.  What were you looking for Mr Hyde?
I was looking for some Civilian clothes(my usual costume is military) waistcoat, trousers, shirt, nothing fancy more you're common victorian clothes. theres a lot of places on line but I prefer to try before I buy.
" No doubt you're thinking to escape and save the day? Sorry old chap not this time."

frances

But Mr Hyde did you look in my direction?  I had some examples of what you are looking for, and indeed sold few too.

If you saw a lady with a pink lace top hat covered in embroidery - that was me!  What a missed opportunity to introduce yourself to me.  I have missed  delightful moments in your company.

William hyde

Damn and blast!(pardon the language of the gutter snipe)
I shall make it my goal at all future events to engage any young lady in a pink lace top hat in conversation until I have made your acquaintance.

frances

Morganville

Finally got a steamy outfit. I would like to get some belts and things to have all sorts of bits and bobbles in as well as hike up the front skirt a bit and have pants underneath with my guns strapped down.  But here is the first attempt. :)

http://violetskunk.deviantart.com/art/Steampunk-Inky-1-293525947?q=boost%3Apopular%20inky%20notebook&qo=1
I am currently looking for someone to help teach me the ways of Steampunk crafting... seeing as I'm doing horribly on my own. *sweatdrop*

SteamBlast Mary

Splendid! I'm particularly drawn to the contrasting fabrics in the skirt, and the gloves set it off nicely.

Is the overskirt cut-in-one with the corset (are the panels an extension of the corset fabric?) 'Cos that's an ass to get right! So fair play if you managed it on first attempt!
'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night'

Unsubtle Pete

Quote from: Morganville on April 24, 2012, 06:26:09 PM
Finally got a steamy outfit. I would like to get some belts and things to have all sorts of bits and bobbles in as well as hike up the front skirt a bit and have pants underneath with my guns strapped down.  But here is the first attempt. :)

http://violetskunk.deviantart.com/art/Steampunk-Inky-1-293525947?q=boost%3Apopular%20inky%20notebook&qo=1

That is very splendid.

It is hard to tell with all the drapy skirts and slight rumples, but is that dress princess line?
With his stovepipe hat and his drainpipe trousers he was a credit to his ironmonger.

NEW Discerning Scoundrel blog

Herbert West

Wow, you're off to a very good start. Looks great!

"I'm not a psychopath Anderson, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research!" ~Sherlock Holmes

walkthebassline

Absolutely beautiful! (You and the dress!)

*cough*

Ahem...that is quite an admirable first effort, madam.
"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins

Semper Victoria

Stunning, those are some of my favorite colors (purple and black) and it is VERY well done. Did you sew it yourself? I wish I had those skills!

OswaldBastable

Finally got a steamy outfit. I would like to get some belts and things to have all sorts of bits and bobbles in as well as hike up the front skirt a bit and have pants underneath with my guns strapped down.  But here is the first attempt. :)

That looks fantastic Morgan, very stylish, the purple suites you
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre

Frolicking Johnson

Here's a pic of my family and I at the recent steampunk con in Daytona Florida.

Stay STEAMY!!!

Hez

A good looking crew sir.
One of the things I like about steampunk is the multigenerational aspect.

D.Oakes

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over." -Rhett Butler

Elycium

we finally had a sunny, albeit cold, day, and managed to get some photos taken. I like this outfit, and I may have to wear it more often. :)

"Humans need fantasy to be human."  - Death from "The Hogfather"

Capt. Dirigible

Quote from: D.Oakes on April 26, 2012, 11:07:04 PM
Was working in the garden today:

Ladies and gentlemen..The World's Snappiest Dressed Grdener!
I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi