News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Re: Playing Dress Up (The Steam Gallery Volume 3)

Started by Stella Gaslight, March 21, 2012, 03:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleister Crow

Quote from: D.Oakes on April 26, 2012, 11:07:04 PM
Was working in the garden today:

Mr Oakes, this young lady's lawn requires your services.

Quote from: Elycium on April 27, 2012, 12:51:08 AM
we finally had a sunny, albeit cold, day, and managed to get some photos taken. I like this outfit, and I may have to wear it more often. :)

Spoiler: ShowHide

:D
'How cheerfully he seems to grin,
How neatly spread his claws,
And welcome little fishes in
With gently smiling jaws!'

Combat Gerbil

The complete ensemble for the Good Captain and Lady Carolyn..

Oh.. and a little Extra from Mr Todd..

Anyone for a shave??

Tito Alba

While I'm in the mood for shameless self-promotion, here are a few of my favourites of myself:

Herbert West

You and the Misses are looking quite dapper Mr Gerbil sir. A fine Sweeney as well.

Tito - Good lord. And here I am hard-pressed to scrounge one outfit together. Bravo sir!
"I'm not a psychopath Anderson, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research!" ~Sherlock Holmes

Mercury Wells

Quote from: Tito Alba on April 27, 2012, 11:13:56 PM
While I'm in the mood for shameless self-promotion, here are a few of my favourites of myself:

Nice beard plait :)
Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.

Capt. Dirigible

'The Man From Del Monte' he say 'sharp outfit'!!

I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi

Herbert West

"I'm not a psychopath Anderson, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research!" ~Sherlock Holmes

Tito Alba

Quote from: Herbert West on April 28, 2012, 03:58:34 AM
Tito - Good lord. And her eI am hard-pressed to scrounge one outfit together. Bravo sir!
Thank you. These pictures span at least a year and I have been scrounging pieces of Victoriana for far longer than that.

Quote from: Capt. Dirigible on April 28, 2012, 09:50:15 AM
'The Man From Del Monte' he say 'sharp outfit'!!
Thank you too Captain.  The white suit was acquired during summer to answer the question "what did Victorians wear during the summer? Or did they just overheat in frock coats, cravats and top hats?"  I found this picture:

and took it upon myself to recreate the man on the left who looks both suave and cool.

Capt. Dirigible

Quoteand took it upon myself to recreate the man on the left who looks both suave and cool.

I think you did a bang up job! I too have had the 'what to wear in summer' problem. I came up with this

but I'd love an all white lightweight summer suit suit

frances

Oh gosh, I can hardly contain myself!  All those splendid-looking well-dressed men.  Oh, oh, I am just about to swo-o-o-n.

Herr Döktor

Went on a photoshoot at the well-known secret location of Laredo yesterday, here I am, being all Western-Noir:

(Sorry it's on Farcebook- it's not my picture, but it is set to 'public' so it should be viewable)

Tito Alba

Quote from: Capt. Dirigible on April 28, 2012, 11:11:04 PM
I think you did a bang up job! I too have had the 'what to wear in summer' problem. I came up with this

but I'd love an all white lightweight summer suit suit
I think you have found a most admirable solution to the problem as well.  In fact I could swear we have similar, if not the same cravat and waistcoat.

I'd like a nice summery off-white suit like yours.  I love my white linens but I am always so paranoid of ruining them (or the jacket at least, I can find trousers easily enough) that I barely ever take it out.

frances

Which leads me to wonder what you are doing so that you start to believe that there might be the possibility of ruining you white jacket?

greatestescaper

Howdy all,  What great facial hair seems to have found this thread.  As well as clothing.  Below is my contribution, not particularly steamy however I couldn't resist sharing the beautiful day it was in Terlingua, Texas... a bit of fun after a long few days of work. 

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever." -Baron Munchausen

Capt. Dirigible

Quotewe have similar, if not the same cravat and waistcoat.

By Jove! I think you're right! ;D In fact, waistcoat duplication is something I encounter quite often..embarassingly..

Tito Alba

Quote from: frances on April 30, 2012, 12:17:40 AM
Which leads me to wonder what you are doing so that you start to believe that there might be the possibility of ruining you white jacket?

If there is something to be doing, I'll probably be doing it  ;)

Quote from: Capt. Dirigible on April 30, 2012, 09:02:32 AM
waistcoat duplication is something I encounter quite often..embarassingly..

Good taste is nothing to be embarrassed about.

Herbert West

Quote from: greatestescaper on April 30, 2012, 03:29:12 AM
Howdy all,  What great facial hair seems to have found this thread.  As well as clothing.  Below is my contribution, not particularly steamy however I couldn't resist sharing the beautiful day it was in Terlingua, Texas... a bit of fun after a long few days of work. 

Its still a great look.

What jungle explorer or Victorian dinosaur collector wouldn't have at least one western hero and his trusty shootin' iron in the party for protection? :D

Aleister Crow

Quote from: Herbert West on April 30, 2012, 02:09:41 PM

Its still a great look.

What jungle explorer or Victorian dinosaur collector wouldn't have at least one western hero and his trusty shootin' iron in the party for protection? :D
True enough. Even Dr. Van Helsing had Quincey Morris along for the ride when they chased down Dracula.
'How cheerfully he seems to grin,
How neatly spread his claws,
And welcome little fishes in
With gently smiling jaws!'

Herr Döktor

Quote from: Capt. Dirigible on April 30, 2012, 09:02:32 AM
Quotewe have similar, if not the same cravat and waistcoat.

By Jove! I think you're right! ;D In fact, waistcoat duplication is something I encounter quite often..embarassingly..

Careful, Old Chap- don't you know inadvertent waistcoat duplication may cause sheep vibration in the Outer Hebrides?

???

greatestescaper

I reckon the photo would've been more steamy had it included the air-kraken I nailed that day.  I was not aware they came this far south this time of year.  Seeing as I was in part of Tyrannosaur country, that was what I was on the look out for.  That air kraken flew in out of no where and nearly got the jump on us.
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever." -Baron Munchausen

SteamBlast Mary

Howdy all,  What great facial hair seems to have found this thread.

I want a go!

Sir, I will match your Bounder and raise you to Villain ~

MWA HA HA! I AM THE 'TASHE MEISTER!

(By the by, loving the work here, gents.)
'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night'

Unsubtle Pete

Quote from: SteamBlast Mary on May 02, 2012, 04:56:11 PM
Howdy all,  What great facial hair seems to have found this thread.

I want a go!

Sir, I will match your Bounder and raise you to Villain ~

MWA HA HA! I AM THE 'TASHE MEISTER!

(By the by, loving the work here, gents.)

What about Dastards?

With his stovepipe hat and his drainpipe trousers he was a credit to his ironmonger.

NEW Discerning Scoundrel blog

Tito Alba

Quote from: Unsubtle Pete on May 02, 2012, 05:19:48 PM
What about Dastards?

Speaking of Darstards:

Razzin' frazzin' pazzin' rick rastardly :P

Capt. Dirigible

By Jupiter, Mr Alba you seem to have an outfit for every Victorian persona going! 'Colonial dandy'...'Villain', 'Gentlemen Dectective'..'Dastard'.. Is there no end top your wardrobe, Sir?

Tito Alba

I'm not sure.  I once sent some children in to find out and they returned rambling some nonsense about lions and witches so I suspect it just turns into Africa at some point.  I'm planning on mounting an expedition to find out.  Elephant rifles at the ready!