News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Re: Playing Dress Up (The Steam Gallery Volume 3)

Started by Stella Gaslight, March 21, 2012, 03:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miranda.T

Very purposeful looking masks! Hopefully we are past the need for such things now (unless of course for sartorial effect). And yes, for both the respective headwear does compliment the overall look most handsomly.

Yours,
Miranda.

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: Miranda.T on March 13, 2022, 10:50:54 PM
Very purposeful looking masks! Hopefully we are past the need for such things now (unless of course for sartorial effect). And yes, for both the respective headwear does compliment the overall look most handsomly.

Yours,
Miranda.

Purposeful, yes, because that has been my daily cold weather look throughout the pandemic! I don't wear the wool cape,but a leather bomber jacket, and you can see what the years have done to my beautiful hat  :-[

I have more photos with my Steampunk wear, but they're not Steampunk necessarily. I wear the Leaderhosen braces and corseted shorts regularly when the weather is good outside. So as promised and in line with Steampunk ethos, I actually wear my Steampunk on the sleeve, literally.

I've already worn and replaced two sets of the corseted shorts (from China) and one pair of leather braces (from Germany), and innumerable sets of thigh high socks (From the State of Oregon), but I've found all these garments are easy to replace, so I always have a fresh set for the full Luftschiffengel uniform (the corset looks cool, but it's very restrictive for daily wear so you won't see that wearing that often)

I tend to wear the Alpine Trachten set regularly as part of my gender fluid look, like overalls, say, over a T-shirt, or a blouse and cami combo for a 90s Grunge look,  or lately even wear the Trachten set over a black cold-shoulder long sleeve bodysuit for a killer "Goth Fem" look ( Yeah, I'm crazy like that. Take a Walk on the Wild Side  ;D I'm still slim enough for that  ::) ;D ) - so yeah, I'm definitely a Steampunk one way or another.

Caledonian

Quote from: J. Wilhelm on March 13, 2022, 08:17:23 PM
Quote from: Caledonian on March 13, 2022, 02:35:38 PM

Kilted and ready to kick ass (also my arms are not long enough to make proper pictures)

Love the mask/pith helmet combo.  For me it's been the Covid mask with the Pickelhaube-fur hat, for the last two years during winter. I do get a lot of compliments on it. Alas my hat has really worn out now because the leather was artificial. I've bought a couple of similar hats, but they're not looking as good as the original. I'm pondering remaking the same hat with real leather by myself or by hiring a tailor I know to do it (wouldn't mind paying a lot more if the hat could last a lifetime, though).

Thank you! your mask is great too! I basically worked around the mask a bit, trying to make it work with an outfit i could scrounge from my closet :P
Passion is like a Peatfire

Caledonian

oof that picture is large. let me see if i can fix it.... now it's squished. oh well.

Hurricane Annie

Quote from: Caledonian on August 13, 2022, 08:17:33 AM

oof that picture is large. let me see if i can fix it.... now it's squished. oh well.

That is an excellent  frame to have a photo op with. It looks a great spot for a festival. 

Sorontar

Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com

Caledonian

Added some fangs to adapt my outfit for Halloween  ;D

morozow

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: Caledonian on November 11, 2022, 03:44:42 PM

Added some fangs to adapt my outfit for Halloween  ;D

I've met one or two similarly dressed (and presumably vampires) on a pilgrimage to New Orleans, aboard a streetcar (trolley) in the French Quarter. One of them was reading a novel by Ann Rice, I guess comparing notes. Somehow gave me the heeby jeebies.

Caledonian

I was at a furry con the other day :) did a bit of dressing up myself