News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

The Bar In The Middle of The Multiverse (General In-Persona Chat)

Started by Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz, May 29, 2012, 05:40:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginny Blundy

"Indeed, Captain Forge," says Blundy, rising to her feet unsteadily. "Should be an interesting game this many drinks in."
Oh, you are beautiful! No really, you are, you're gorgeous! Space-age clockwork, I love it, I've got chills! Listen, I mean this from the heart - and by the way, count those - it would be a crime, it would be an act of vandalism to disassemble you.

But that won't stop me.

steamcowboy92

The door to the bar opened once more, this time it did so with a sharp blast of wind, inhumanely hot and dry as if someone had opened the door to a blast furnace, or hell itself. The fierce wind died off as swiftly as the bar's latest patron wrestled it shut. A mechanized brass monocle unfolded itself from the brim of his hat and fit directly over his right eye. Scanning the room for for a moment, the large, sharply dressed cowboy removed his flat brimmed hat and mopped the sweat from his brow with the back of a gloved hand. His black vest and fringed chaps were covered in dust from the windstorms that were a hallmark of his native state.When he replaced the flat brimmed cowboy hat upon his head, the monocle had retracted back to its original position.

"Bloody Texas weather is gonna be tha death of meh" His baritone voice cut through the bar as he observed several people standing up to play a game of darts. Pulling an engraved silver case from the inner pocket of his vest, he took out a cigarette and lit it before knocking back a shot of bourbon that had appeared before him as if by magic.

Muttering about hocus pocus liquor, he watched the others in the bar quietly as he smoked, his right hand never straying far from the butt of the customized LeMat he wore high on his right hip on a bridgeport rig. A peculiar looking metal brace adorned his right arm, its various gears and springs whirring, clicking and squeaking gently with his every move.  "drunk folk throwin sharp objects...oughta be right interestin. wunda how long it'll take fer someone tah get hurt."  as he spoke the monocle unfolded itself again and he began gazing at the dart board with more than a passing interest.
I will kill you however I can , wherever I can, with whatever I have. You will regret ever making me decide to take action. -William W. Johnstone.

Tiberius Montgomery Pratt

Everyone agreed that the wound the dog had suffered from the wildly tossed dart was minor. It had only just broken the skin on the animals fleshy rump. The whelp of pain had turned quickly to an angry growl, when the ricocheting dart hit him.

The rooms attention abruptly shifted to the small party of newcomers that entered, as the door opened anew.

Seven men, all in some kind of airshipmens rubberized uniform with full gas mask hooked up to an ornate re-breather apparatuses strapped to each of their backs. That and the fact that these men were all heavily armed to the teeth, caused every one to be on edge for a moment.

After a pause at the entry, the men began to set their weapons into the racks by the door. Racks Pratt was positive was not their when he came in.

Pratt recalled a world he had visited were the earths surface was a poisoned waste land. Filled with crumbling cities inhabited by savage scavengers who committed the most abominable atrocities. The people that survived lived on floating platforms and airships. Fighting each other and the scavengers on the surface for scraps of technology and other resources to survive.

After disarming the men also pulled off the breathing equipment and moved to a table to themselves.
The tension drained from the room.
Pratt, set the rest of his darts down then sat himself back down in a seat that gave him a clear view of the whole room.

MWBailey

Bailey thrust the khukhuri back home, pushed the hilt downwards to lock the blade into the narrow inside channel of the inner cavity of the scabbard,, and turned back to the dartboard. He had not drawn the massive weapon (well, not all of the way, at any rate); he was just making certain to have his own weapon ready, should it be needed.

"Harrumphh! Shall we get back to it? I believe the lady was winning..."
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

steamcowboy92

letting the lematt swing back to its barrel down position, Talon took a deep drag on his cigarette before letting the monocle unfold from his hat again. Taking into accound his own strength and speed, amplified by the brace on his arm, he calculated the optimum release point and velocity for the correct number of rotations to strike the target.

The big bowie flew across the bar, the mirror finish throwing off reflections from the bar lights like a silver lightning bolt. Enhanced by the spring loaded brace, it hit the dart board hard, sinking to the hilt in the wall. The edge of the blade was an inch above the bullseye ring, and Talon cursed to hisself, swearing to recalibrate the targeting reticle first chance he got.
I will kill you however I can , wherever I can, with whatever I have. You will regret ever making me decide to take action. -William W. Johnstone.

Xenos

*The tall chap walked into the bar, looking for a dark corner to sit in, perhaps have a fill of opium.  His dark eyes took in the scene of the bowie flashing before him.  Pushing his long hair behind his ears, he flicked his wrist, his red veinte y nueve flashing open and into view.  His mechanical fingers operated the knife deftly, and, in a single fluid motion the knife was right next to the Bowie.*

"Mind if I join in?"  *There was laughter in his dark eyes.  Rubbing the knuckles of his two fake fingers, he introduced himself.*

"Name's Xenos.  Xenos Markus O'Sullivan.  My mates call me Sully."
Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...

MWBailey

"Name's Bailey, Sergeant Major, Her Majesty's Dragon Corps. he pulled the massive bluesteel khukhri from its scabbard, turned just slightly away, and threw the knife all in one fluid motion, the 19-inch-long, half-inch-thick blade burying itself in the target and the wall behind it -- right between the previous two knives, and in the bullseye.

"Dear, Dear. Looks loik we moight need a new dartboard..."

Tiberius Montgomery Pratt

Pratt, empties his glass and gets to his feet.

When friendly little games turned into people throwing deadly weapons around the room, it was time to find an exit.

" Friends, both old and new, it has been a pleasure! I am in the mood to stretch my legs a bit.
I confess, I am more then a little curious as to just were I will find myself when I step out that door.
So, if I find I am unable to return shortly let me make my farewells now."

Picking up his great coat Pratt makes his way to the door opens it.
As he steps out his voice trails behind,

"Well! I must say I never expected to see!,,"

Then the door shuts.

MWBailey

Bailey goes over to the dart board and yanks his blade free, dislodging the other two in the process.  He hands them back to their respective owners. "We might want to hold off on throwing any more cutlery around, lads," he says. "Not everybody appreciates the beauty of a well-executed throw."

He knows why Pratt left, however, having had experience of the man firsthand, and pities the man's lack of spirit. "It's not as if we were throwing anything at him, after all." he mutters to himself.

Lucius Baxter

The Door swung open once more -a wee bit too fast, banging against the potted aspidestra on the other side- the cold wind mixed with snow and ashes swirled round the mysterious figure who did a little hop skip into the room. As Lucius Baxter entered he adjusted the hidden twin nickle plated Camelot-Delvigne revolvers loaded with silver bullets behind his over sized Swiss Army Greatcoat. The leather straps holding them in place was doing horrible things to the ribcage.
As Lucius walks over to the bar he glances around, surveying the possibility of a Vampire presence amongst the persons seated and otherwise round the room. Oh crumbs... a dog... Lucius doesn't like dogs.
Removing his hat, (a genuine Pendelton from Oregon) he asks of the Barman, "A large Scotch, per favore, one ice cube please, danke."
2nd lieutenant in his majesty's Royal Flying Corps

steamcowboy92

When the door banged open, Talon turned and drew, the bridgeport rig making even the bulky Lematt lightning fast to draw. Seeing no threat he calmly returned the big pistol to its place, slipping the elongated hammer screw into the spring plate on his belt. 

Turning to Bailey he stubbed his cigarette out in an ashtray that just happened to appear between his hand and one of the tables. "Gotta say old timer, 'at'un was a helluva throw.  'ats the first time ah eva seen a khukri thrown with any success. last feller ah saw do it smacked the guy what he were aimin at in the eye wit dah hilt."

Lucius Baxter

Wondering why a dusty Cowboy was so tense with his awesome pistol (remember to get one some day- he thought to himself) he sipped his Scotch.
From a pouch in his belt Lucius extracted a bottle of 100% pure Krakenskin oil, and began to ask the barman if it was legal to pawn Oils in his bar....

MWBailey

Bailey looks atthe cowboy and smiles crookedly. "Back where I went native, it was a local pastime. That an' mumbledypeg, but we did that with smaller knives, don'cher know...

steamcowboy92

laughing at the mention of one of his favorite pastimes as a boy, Talon pulled a scalping knife and a roughly carved peg with a sharp tip from the top of his boot. "Useta love mumblepeg when i whar younger. That'n an game called stretch but what with mah bad knee and all its gotten a might hard tah play anymore." thinking for a moment as he looked at the khukri, he asked "whar exactly didja go native at? only place what i seen a khukri on regular whar up in Nepal. They had a hardcore unit up thar called Ghurkas. Ah rode with a few for a while after the whar back when I's collectin revenue on tha border."

MWBailey

We have the Ghurkas as well, but th' Khukhuri is a common implement from the mountains of Nepal through India and as far as the kingdoms of the Afghani, in my homeworld. I were on furlough from th' Royal Marines and went for a long walk, you might say. I fell down a ravine and was rescued, treated, and after a while apprenticed by the local holy man. Then a notorious air pirate destroyed the village and kidnapped the headman's daughter, Sultana.

I joined the Royal Indian Air Security Service, and and after several yearsmanaged to chase down the miscreant aboard an airship named after the headman's daughter (she became a sort of martyr, you see). Their favored edged weapon was the KhuKhuri...

steamcowboy92

"ah see. Whell ah'm from the New Texas Settlement and we always carried a bowie what like the original founders did. That and a good steel 'hawk." patting the bowie on his side, an ornery shine came into Talon's eyes and he grabbed the 'hawk from his belt and threw it hard at the board, splitting it in half and embedding itself in the wall behind it. 

Xenos

*Xenos takes his knife and flips it back round, and it disappears up his sleeve.*

"Right, PROPER introduction, I suppose..."  *He gestures to the bartender, who, despite the timewarp/wormhole they appear to be in, understands the hand-signals with no issue, and tosses him a bottle of brandy*

"As I said, my mates call me Sully.  I'm most recent from Dockside.  Seems you fellas" *He raises the bottle towards Bailey and the Cowboy* "are fairly well traveled."  *pulling the cork out with his teeth, he spits it at the ruined dart board, missing the bull*  "Blast...  Never was as good as the good Sargent at that..."

"at any rate, fellas, former so'jer, known by my higher ups as a rebellion crusher."  *He smiles, although it's not in his eyes*

"I'm a bit chatty when the mood strikes, so, tell me, what's the news?"

(OOC-I work long hours, and am working on getting into school this fall-I may or may not be around frequently.  In FACT, it's just this weekend I've returned to the board from a bit of an absence-since APRIL.  Just so you know)
Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

MWBailey

Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz

"The news regarding what?" replied Kapitan Fritz. "I do understand that by the nature of this location, we do not all enter from the same world." he continued.

"If I am not already too late, shall I perhaps throw my nahkampfmesser at the dartboard?"

"Oh, never mind then." he said upon noticing the condition of the aforementioned dartboard.

Xenos

(OOC-Thank you, glad to be back!)

"Any news, mate.  It's new I am to this local, and, though things are a bit different here, I'm sure there's news of SOME manner to be had."

*Xenos scratched his chin in thought,*

"Then again, I'm also a bit blitzed, and talking out of my head, as it were...  Not quite sure how these time-hole places work, you know..."

*He pulls up a chair, tossing his long brown duster over the back and setting down hard* 

(OOC ...  again-I'm a bit new to the whole RP thing...  I've done some in the past, but just uh...  ignore any stupid mistakes/questions I make/ask/do... ;) )

Lucius Baxter

Thinking he could sell his Oil to the tall fellow with fingers, or perhaps for the German to use on his dog- Lucius walks over slowly.
"Guten morgen mien Herr, glauben Sie, Ihr Hund könnte eine blitzschnelle Benehmen wollen?" (OOC, Oh the joys of google translate!)
"Or you sir," Turning to the 'Tall Fellow With Fingers', "Do you think that your fingers could do with a grease free shine and a speed faster than a greased pig? I know that contradicts itself but..."

Professor Phineas Brownsm

*quietly walks into bar* "Pint of your finest T.E.A. please barkeep." *hangs up apron and Mavrick REV-6 and proceeds to dark corner with a good book*
Experimental Master Brewer - The Infamous Ginger Brau Emporium

steamcowboy92

The words rebellion crusher made Talons hackles stand on end, considering his previous occupation but the war was long over and there was no point in getting riled up.
"Names Talon, professional revenue collector and trouble-shooter..."
fetching his hawk from the wall, Talon buffed the edge lightly with the sleeve of his shirt and returned it to his belt.   

Xenos

*Seeing the fella with the tomahawk tense up a bit at his last words, Xenos shock his head slightly*  "Mate, it's uncertain I am what set you on edge about me, but as you're a 'professional trouble-shooter,' I can assure you you'll have none with me.  You look like you know your way 'round that piece."  *He remembered his days working with the SLAA, and wanted no more of THAT job again!*

*Smiling a genuine smile, he addressed the salesman*

"Oh, it's certain I am they COULD use a bit of a buffing, but the lot of good that'd do me in the long run-I spend much of my time out-of-doors, as it were.  'sides, I've already caught the eye of my lass!"

Lucius Baxter

Feeling slightly relieved and dissapointed at the same time, Lucius said, "Alright, It's only 17/6d a bottle if you change your mind."
He had noticed a curious looking fellow hang up an apron by the door, "I wonder who that is... Dark corner.. shady character.." he asked of no-one in particular, and paged through his 'Identi-Vamp' book. (Only £1.3.11d from the local monk)