News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

The Bar In The Middle of The Multiverse (General In-Persona Chat)

Started by Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz, May 29, 2012, 05:40:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Phineas Brownsm

*looks up from book..glances area of the bar.. smiles... goes and checks apron and maverick REV-6, settles back down to good book*
Experimental Master Brewer - The Infamous Ginger Brau Emporium

Ginny Blundy

(OOC - sorry for the long absence, gents! Had to prepare for an event I was working, and then work became stressful. Back now.)

"Hm. Seems that I brought a dart to a knife-throwing match."

Ginny takes up her rifle and heads to the bar. She gazes warily at the racks near the door - they weren't there earlier, were they? - and decides to keep her weapon close by. She takes a seat, propping the rifle against the bar. She turns away from the bar and continues to nurse her port, unsure what to make of her fellow drinkers. They were a well-armed group, that was certain.
Oh, you are beautiful! No really, you are, you're gorgeous! Space-age clockwork, I love it, I've got chills! Listen, I mean this from the heart - and by the way, count those - it would be a crime, it would be an act of vandalism to disassemble you.

But that won't stop me.

Lucius Baxter

*turns to lady with blunderbuss*
"Is that fellow over there a vampire? I can't find him in my book, and perhaps you can help me."
2nd lieutenant in his majesty's Royal Flying Corps

MWBailey

Bailey finally took the hint and rested his own artillery in the racks, but kept his khukhuri in its silver-chased scabbard in the shoulder rig.

"Barkeep, another three fingers, if ye will."

He turned around at the sound of the younger fellow asking whether someone was a vampire or not. He eyed the fellow. Typical vamp hunter, by the look of him. He moved over and stood close by the two. "Word ta' th' wise, young fellow," he said. "This place, by all appearances, enjoys a kind of 'Neutral Ground' Status. Goin' after vampires in 'ere, be it your normal business or what all, might cause somewhat of a problem for all of us. Might be a good idea t' avoid that koind o' disturbance, if'n ye know whatI mean. Just sayin'..."
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

*gets out crucifix from apron places it on the table, then gets out some garlic* Barkeep... may i have a Steak please? medium-well? *sits back in chair and settles down to book once more*

Lucius Baxter

Ah! There ya go, can't be too careful though. Had a run in about a week ago where there was a whole tavern full of them, most uncomfortable experience.

Xenos

*Looking a bit ill-at-ease himself, Xenos takes a drink*

What's all this about ghouls now?  I'm woefully underprepared for such an endeavor!  Stakes, garlic, crosses...  All I've on me is a few every day carry items...

*He places his knife, a pair of Open Top Navy .44s, and reaching around under his coat he lays a Mare's Leg lever action pistol on the table.*

So...  Um...  What exactly IS a vampire?  I hear they sparkle...
Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...

Lucius Baxter

Well, Some say that they are the sons of the Devil, some say that they feast on the the flesh of the dead and the living. All we know is, their called vampires and they do NOT sparkle. (OOC, I actually met one once) I must say, I'm underprepared too.
*withdraws two Camelot Delvigne 11mm revolvers, and a Colt Wells Fargo 1849 pocket pistol and places them on the table*

Xenos

*Scratches his chin deep in thought at that.*

So I suppose those young "authorities" on the issue were somewhat...  disingenuous about the state of things?  WONDERFUL!  It's unsure I was how I'd manage to hide a body that sparkles...

Hmm...  11mm revolver-interesting indeed! 

(OOC-stepping out for the day-work's got my back against the wall in a BAD way, and I've precious sleep to catch!)
Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

MWBailey

Bailey pulled teh massive khukri from its silver-chased sheath, it's oddly-blue metal blade catching the light just so, and managing to look even more brutishly deady just reposing on the wooden surface, as if just touching the edge would pare the soul from one's body.

"She'll wound and kill Deep Ones, he said, referring to the knife. D'you think she'd kill a vamp?"

(OOC: I could go on about real-life vamps interminably. Never met one that sparkled, though once I did encounter ['way before anybody ever heard of Twilight] one who wore glitter makeup...)

Lucius Baxter

(OOC I met mine in a Wal Mart in Alberta in the sport and leisure section. He had very long teeth.)
I don't know about a Kukhri, but the chances are slim if it isn't made of a pure metal.

MWBailey

"Oh, the metal's pure alright, it's just not steel. 'way harder an' more resilient 'n steel, in fact. 'S blue 'cause the ore's blue. Damned if I can remember the name of it. Ignimbrite? Lignibrite? Gaarrhh, I wish my memory were better..."

Ginny Blundy

Blundy tenses up as the conversation turns to vampires, and wonders if things are truly less tense now that everyone is back to flashing their edged weapons around again. Everyone seems more relaxed, at least, she thinks. Men are a mystery.

"I don't really know from vampires. Are they so hard to identify? Air kraken, see, are easy. They are in the sky, for one thing. And they are bloody huge monsters. Tentacles and such." She finishes off her port and smacks the glass down on the bar.
Oh, you are beautiful! No really, you are, you're gorgeous! Space-age clockwork, I love it, I've got chills! Listen, I mean this from the heart - and by the way, count those - it would be a crime, it would be an act of vandalism to disassemble you.

But that won't stop me.

steamcowboy92

pulling a piece of precut wadding from inside his vest, Talon slipped it into the shotgun barrel then slid his mumblepeg, which coincidently (or not) fit the barrel wonderfully. Anyone who pissed Talon off was gonna be on the recieving end of a wooden stake and buckshot.  Laying it on the table, the big sharps .50-110 wemt next to it. while it lacked the power of the more common .50-90 it traded power for range and a flatter trajectory. Capable of dropping air kracke and buffalo at  up to 3,500 yards. not that he was hunting trouble but  at this range the 550gr round would smear whoever it hit. 
I will kill you however I can , wherever I can, with whatever I have. You will regret ever making me decide to take action. -William W. Johnstone.

*whiles enjoying his medium-well Steak with a hint of garlic, The Good book the Prof. Phineas appears to be reading is a Recipe book called "Prof. Phineas BIG book of Ginger Brau Recipes"*

"mmm... this steak is rather splendid!"

Lucius Baxter

Is it really? have you tried a ginger and honey garlic baste for pork? But yes, Air kraken- never saw one but I do have a bottle of Pure Oil extracted from their skin...
How easy is it to take one down?

no i have ginger and honey garlic baste... i must try it next time.  Did some one also say Kraken????  *points Maverick at the sky*

Ginny Blundy

"Taking them down isn't that hard, providing you have a powerful enough weapon and a good sense of hunting skyborn creatures. Say you know how to duck hunt? Well it's not so much different than that, only it's a much bigger and slower target. The difficulty is in the ethics of it all. Bringing them down over a city tends to put people's backs up, what with the destruction and the trouble of getting rid of the remains. So my personal strategy is to take them down over the sea, which requires a bit of math. That's the challenge in it - calculating the hypotenuse. Well, that and if something goes awry and you merely wing the monsters, they tend to charge. Still. Great sport if you happen to enjoy arithmetic, guns, and adventure. So, oil from their skin, you say? There's a market for this where you are from? What's it used for?"

But that won't stop me.

Lucius Baxter

Well, I believe that there is a market for it... lube for gears mainly. It isn't flammable you see... well, if you distill it. One can also use it for hair oil.

Xenos

'sfar as the Kraken go, my crew (rest the most of 'em!) more oft' than not would use a harpoon cannon they'd jerry-rigged.

The trick is to shoot for the eye, or so the Sarg'd tell ya.  City or no-those things are a menace...

steamcowboy92

Pulling a polishing rag from a vest pocket Talon began to one by one polish the ammunition for his Sharps. "I done shot a couple sky kraken fer a skyboat crew. We'd shootem, another crew'ed collect'em. If'n I remember right, one ah the older fellers told meh somethin bout the kraken havin a multi chambered ahr bladder what kept'em afloat and yeh could puncter one and the others would compensate so we switched over tah the Sharps." patting his rifle before continuing on "Tha hydrostatic shock ah such a big bullet would  genrally rupture tha otha bladders and bringer down fer the ground crew tah finish off"
I will kill you however I can , wherever I can, with whatever I have. You will regret ever making me decide to take action. -William W. Johnstone.

Ginny Blundy

Ginny nods thoughtfully as the men describe their techniques. "Huh, interesting. I guess harpooning keeps you tethered to them if you want to collect the oil? Clever. And air bladders, you say? Makes sense. My mentor, mistress Cannonhorn, just recommends a high output of ordnance. The Blundybuss here fires ammo that explodes inside the beasts. A single shot can take one down, with a bit of luck. It may be that I should regard the anatomy of the kraken, considering what you gents have to say about the oil and the various kill methods."

But that won't stop me.

MWBailey

Bailey stopped fiddling about with the khukri, scabbarded it, and cocked his head to ne side, as if hearing something faint that ony he could hear; deep within the curve of his inner ear, th etiny cilia were tickled by the sound made by a transuniversal interstice strained almost beyond endurance, followed by the discordant harmony of a being, one of the "Old Ones"  pushing through.He didn't know where exactly the beast was manifesting, but that never really mattered.

"Pardon me,  if ye will, I've summat to attend to," and with that, he stepped off toward the fireplace at a great, striding pace --

And disappeared an instant before he would have strode into the heart of the flames. A distant echo of his voice could be heard bellowing, "Wha's all this then? I thought Chthuga went 'ome 'n all..."

Mercury Wells

The doors swing inwards and a flapping of material is heard. "Dashed weather, it's been raining non-stop for weeks. I blame that Rutherford chappie, of course!".

A young looking city gentleman enters carrying an unfurled brolly, bowler hat on his head aswell a opened military great coat. There is silence as he enters as everyone turns to face him then look away. The man looks around muttering to himself, exits while putting his brolly back up and leaves. After about 30 seconds he returns, "Well! the signage board is correct as is the premises...so this must be the right place".

Hangs up coat, bowler and places brolly into the stand. Walks to the bar places order then finds a seat/table near the back of the room, so he can see who enters & leaves.
Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.

Mercury Wells

Deleted
Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.