News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

Mornington Crescent too

Started by elShoggotho, July 24, 2012, 10:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock on July 30, 2013, 01:31:42 PM
Quote from: Madasasteamfish on July 30, 2013, 06:30:38 AM
I therefore attempt to avoid the Prussians by bouncing along to Regent's Street

Ooooh Regent Street. Nicely played. *tips hat*

Especially well done as I have been spun around thrice deosil by a cadre of witches accompanying the Prussian soldiers I leapfrogged earlier.
I now find myself in nip and exiled to North Harrow for two rounds :(

I thank you.

Now, going thrice around the circle bound, I find myself spinning off to land at West Croydon

God help me. I'm not sure which one of us has it worst...
I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

James Harrison

By flinging an 1895 gold sovereign at some random bloke in the ticket office I find myself forcibly ejected from the station onto the first train out the platform.  Which sadly for me is a nonstop service right through to Chesham

Bugger. 
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

Madasasteamfish

After being chased 'aboard' a passing train by a group of locals. I find myself falling off at Clapping Junction

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock

One turn left to wait ........
"In a world whose only quarrel with instant gratification is that it takes too long, we are practitioners of a dying art: patience."

Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock

Tum te tum te tum.

Blimey !!!!
A tumble weed ......?  Down here ?? !!!!!!

;D
"In a world whose only quarrel with instant gratification is that it takes too long, we are practitioners of a dying art: patience."

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock on August 07, 2013, 08:05:12 PM
Tum te tum te tum.

Blimey !!!!
A tumble weed ......?  Down here ?? !!!!!!

;D

Those fluffers clearly aren't doing their jobs. I'm just waiting for someone else to make their move, while I wait for the right train.

Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock

I'm not calling it ........ seriously..... as I appear to be entirely stuck at North Harrow at the present time.
but .......

well a couple of days ago a ...erm ...... friend of mine ..... (not me, honestly) ... *ahem* ...... happened to be passing through and couldn't resist  ;D
*rolls eyes*

Spoiler: ShowHide

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock on August 15, 2013, 07:48:17 AM
I'm not calling it ........ seriously..... as I appear to be entirely stuck at North Harrow at the present time.
but .......

well a couple of days ago a ...erm ...... friend of mine ..... (not me, honestly) ... *ahem* ...... happened to be passing through and couldn't resist  ;D
*rolls eyes*

Spoiler: ShowHide

Damn, looks like he's beaten us both to it.

elShoggotho

You just forced my hand. Professor Wychlock is declared accidental winner. Your turn to select the ruleset and chair a rubber.

Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock

Good heavens !!!

Well ..... er ....... count my gast as suitably flabbered !

I supposed that would make me Chairthing for this next round.

As such I nominate the 1903 ruleset but utilising the back back double back variant of the type D subset.
(as per Albert Ramsbottom's groundbreaking game of 1913)

The game is open gentlemen. Make your first moves !!!

James Harrison

An excellent choice there. 

My opening gambit, yes, why not, I've not been there yet.... Whitechapel
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: James Harrison on August 19, 2013, 06:07:04 PM
An excellent choice there. 

My opening gambit, yes, why not, I've not been there yet.... Whitechapel

I play my opener as blackfriars

elShoggotho

I'll try my luck at Frumpton's Opening. Seven Sisters it is.

Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock

I shall play to only possible counter to Frumpton's Opening with the Gosberton Gambit ........ Alperton

Professor Oilcan

Now I've been away for a while, however I must say that we should invoke the Metropolitian ruling of 1908 that makes the next stop Chalfont and Latymer
Professor G O Pivot Oilcan
Teacher of mad Steam related mayhem, mentor to a few mad scientists and owner of the Imperial Steam Powered Airship and Transportation Company.

Newchurch

I believe that allows us to leave the Tube and proceed to, say, Gerrards Cross

Madasasteamfish

I roll the dice Every Which Way But Loose and find myself landing at Charring Cross

elShoggotho

Ah, not the Gosberton gambit! I'll spend this turn in a pub, trying to find my next turn at the bottom of a pint of ale.

James Harrison

Meanwhile I make haste to Euston Square.

Madasasteamfish

I join elShoggotho in a pint before moving onwards to Leicester Square

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: Madasasteamfish on September 25, 2013, 05:24:29 PM
I join elShoggotho in a pint before moving onwards to Leicester Square

Tum te te tum

elShoggotho

Ssshplendid move, Shir.. *hic* ...ahem. Finchley Road.

Madasasteamfish

Hmmm, interesting. I follow, moving myself to Edgewere Road

James Harrison

That neatly allows me to move on to Moorgate

Madasasteamfish

Trailing on Mr Harrison's coat tails I find myself at Highgate