News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Mornington Crescent too

Started by elShoggotho, July 24, 2012, 10:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elShoggotho

Gadzooks! The only way to break a time lock is to backflip...

to Pinner.

Madasasteamfish

huh, what, where? What happened?

And, more importantly, why the devil am I in Pimlico.
I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

Alexis Voltaire

Using a reverse warp-shunt to enter the game at Goldhawk Road.

I'll put one paisley token in the pot early, in expectation of neek occurring before the game finishes.
~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~

Keith_Beef

I seem to have dozed off, and am jolted to wakefulness to find myself at Liverpool Street.
--
Keith

Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock

after also being caught in El Shoggotho's time lock i have only just managed to break though to the present time. Being stuck in 1640s London was no fun !!! No steam trains I'll have you know !!
Bah, back to Old Street.

But at least I'm back  ;D
"In a world whose only quarrel with instant gratification is that it takes too long, we are practitioners of a dying art: patience."

James Harrison

Now, see, this is what happens when you get frozen in time on a train.  You end up in the middle of nowhere, like I am, in Amersham.

Could've been worse I guess.  At least it wasn't Verney Junction this time. 
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: James Harrison on July 28, 2014, 01:43:32 PM
Now, see, this is what happens when you get frozen in time on a train.  You end up in the middle of nowhere, like I am, in Amersham.

Could've been worse I guess.  At least it wasn't Verney Junction this time. 

Or like me at the end of the line at High Barnet

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock

A lightening quick jaunt forwards ....... Moorgate
"In a world whose only quarrel with instant gratification is that it takes too long, we are practitioners of a dying art: patience."

James Harrison

Ah.  Hum.  Yes, worth a gambit I suppose...

Elephant and Castle
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

Madasasteamfish

Hmm, interesting tactic.

I throw my hat in the air and upon landing I find myself at Tower Hill

Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock

As Chairthing for this round (and yes ...... I checked, as it's been so long) I must inform all players that there appears to be some form of gigantic burrowing mechanical mole that has bust through onto the tracks at Farringdon !!!!
It's now lying completely a - Crossrail !!!!

Do be careful out there.
I urge the use of the Smillock standard type 9 blunderbuss, should one rear up in front of you in any other tunnel !!

Good hunting gentlemen :)

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock on July 29, 2014, 08:28:53 PM
As Chairthing for this round (and yes ...... I checked, as it's been so long) I must inform all players that there appears to be some form of gigantic burrowing mechanical mole that has bust through onto the tracks at Farringdon !!!!
It's now lying completely a - Crossrail !!!!

Do be careful out there.
I urge the use of the Smillock standard type 9 blunderbuss, should one rear up in front of you in any other tunnel !!

Good hunting gentlemen :)

After a brief sojourn down Oxford Street in order to procure myself a suitable armament (by which I mean a Burleigh and Stronginthearm repeating crossbow, which I understand I am entitled to make use of through my regulation brass farthing) I arrive at Euston Square.

Alexis Voltaire

Hmm. Only two options open to me now, according to addendum 147/c, if I want to keep my Neek bid.

I will ignore the yeti warning and head to Baker Street

James Harrison

Ah, oh dear.  Foiled again!

Head I shall to Paddington at once....

Madasasteamfish

After fighting my way through a horde of subterranean creatures I find myself emerging from the tunnel at:
Waterloo

Alexis Voltaire

I'm going to take a big gamble here, and use the triple snacket weave to move to Camden Road

I'm nearly sure it will work this time. If it doesn't... well, I'm sure some kind soul will stop by with a particle accelerator and a decent pair of jumper cables.

James Harrison

Bah!  I've been catapulted out to Watford!

Blast!

The Corsair

I'll exercise the 1977 Picadilly Line bi-law to enter the game at Russel Square with 3 blue tokens, 5 red herrings and 2 scoops of chips (no vinegar, allowing for an inter-station seat swap should I feel the need)
Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/

Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock

I shall spend my one remaining puce token to hop lines to Shepherds Bush

James Harrison

Ahh.  Oh dear.  I got off my train to find myself on a ramshackle timber platform about 10' long in a deep cutting with the remnants of a station evidently long closed strewn about me.  I can only assume I am, therefore, stuck at Marlborough Road for the foreseeable future  :-\

Madasasteamfish

Huh, wha? Must have dropped off. Where am I?

Judging by the elderly and decrepit men at arms around me, and the doddery old fella on a throne and the fact I've just been handed a goblet of coke I must be at Earl's Court.

And for those of you in the know:

Spoiler: ShowHide
 Yes, I am currently reading (and thoroughly enjoying) Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere. I should probably make more of an effort to read his stuff.

The Corsair

What a coincidence, my good man, running in to you here at Earl's Court. Given that you have coffee, I have fish and it's Wednesday in Zimbabwe I believe I forego one token and you are required to buy a better overcoat if you wish to use the Metropolitan line
Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/

Madasasteamfish

Damn, well that's me out until I can get a new overcoat and therefore must miss a turn.

James Harrison

Somebody threw me down a ladder, so I'm no longer stuck on a rickety wooden structure surrounded by railway track. 

Unfortunately this means I too must miss a turn, and now find myself at St John's Wood

Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock

The sojourn from Shepherds Bush rendered me into the company of a bunch of shambling monks on an underground bridge !!

Blackfriars