News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

Mornington Crescent too

Started by elShoggotho, July 24, 2012, 10:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banfili

Staying on the Main Line, Barking, via Upney.

elShoggotho

This is a case for the 1888 edicts. By royal decree, I end up at Whitechapel, as sober as I can be.

Banfili

Will have to get my map off the old computer to continue!!

James Harrison

Where was I?  I'm sure I wasn't covered in quite this much dust... I blame the construction works at my last place. 

Onwards to Farringdon, anyway. 
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

Mercury Wells

Not sure, if I should continue this rubber or start anew.?

Anyway...I'll place a small peacock's feather on St. Paul's and re-route my good self to Kensal Rise.

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.

Banfili

I have lost my map, so will have to generate a new one before beginning my journey anew! Can't explore mapped territory without a map - at least, not effectively!

James Harrison

I see we got held up by the construction works on the Elizabeth Line... What's that you say?  Delayed by another year?  Dash it, let's just get on with the game... I throw in the contents of my pocket (a 1965 shilling, a lot of lint and an exceptionally soiled handkerchief.... well it has been stuffed in there for two years) and move to Borough.
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

Cora Courcelle

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

Banfili

Have map now, so Stockwell via Vauxhall to Victoria, and hope for the best!

Mercury Wells

Quote from: Banfili on September 04, 2018, 12:48:57 AM
Have map now, so Stockwell via Vauxhall to Victoria, and hope for the best!

Hmmm!, so to Victoria huh? Then I'm allowed to invoke rule 12 of the late Meiji ruling, published 1920 (and before you all get your knickers in a twist, I did mention is was "late").

Holland Park.
Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.

Cora Courcelle

Bond Street. 

Don't wait for me, I may be a little time ... shopping you know!
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

James Harrison

Marble Arch?  Hmmm.... yes....

Marble Arch. 

Mercury Wells

The Corsair

Dead but not forgotten. It's high time we revived this game. That will require some powerful necromancy though, and as I understand it from the 8th edition rules necromancy can only be performed at Clapham Common.

And so there we shall begin.
Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/

MWBailey

Climbing aboard at Clapham. I'm lacking a map, so I'll just have to go with the flow for a bit. I just wish this witch doctor beside me would stop hitting me with his shrunken head. What madman invoked the necromancy clause from the Borneo Gambit?
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

Xenos

I'm not 100% sure I even understand what's going on, but if we're all on at Clapham, then I suppose I'll ride until Wandsworth? (If I misunderstood the directions, I apologize)
Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...

The Corsair

ugh, I mean I guess I can work with Wandsworth. I'll take the transfer at West Brompton to reach Earl's Court. The rest of you can figure out what to do on the overground line.
Still here, just quieter

MWBailey

Oh, dear...

I got off at Clapham High Street, but worried a hole in my pocket waiting in the que, and now have to busk with my harmonica for change for the ticket to Clapham North on the Northern Line as per the ruling on such mishaps in the 122nd game played atop Mt Everest...

*Proceeds to play C Jam like the late Max Geldray*

Banfili

Quote from: MWBailey on January 20, 2022, 10:11:52 PM
Oh, dear...

I got off at Clapham High Street, but worried a hole in my pocket waiting in the que, and now have to busk with my harmonica for change for the ticket to Clapham North on the Northern Line as per the ruling on such mishaps in the 122nd game played atop Mt Everest...

Gotta dig my map out again and see where's where? Are we including the new line - I watched a few programmes about digging the tunnels & so on?

Prof Marvel

Quote from: Banfili on January 20, 2022, 10:35:24 PM
Oh, dear...

Gotta dig my map out again and see where's where? Are we including the new line - I watched a few programmes about digging the tunnels & so on?

Where th' heck am I? I knew I shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque!
MIGRATION to Spare Goggles under way

MWBailey

Quote from: Banfili on January 20, 2022, 10:35:24 PM
Oh, dear...

Well, darn it all ta heck, is my map too new? I downloaded tthe pdf from the Transport For London website... Agh, well...

The Corsair

Well I guess I have an opportunity to slide up to Paddington where I'll set up a three-card monty racket. I'll see what that turns up for next round...
Still here, just quieter

James Harrison

Just a short hop to Hammersmith.