News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Sheffield Steampunk Society Meets

Started by lientie, October 20, 2012, 12:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lientie

sorry I couldn't make it this Thursday,  ended up going on a  last minute trip to bognor..  was it decided where to have the next one,  just at the tap?
Confabulation!

Madasasteamfish

Not really tbh. Looks like it might be the Tap by default, but I may or may not be there due to the amount I'm likely to be spending at Leeds next weekend.
I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

The Tap is easy to find, people will just have to eat before or after at one if the station eateries, or have a liquid lunch.

They were painting upstairs  at the Queens Head on Thursday.
Proudly giving the entire Asylum The Finger!

lientie

Confabulation!

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Can't make it tonight I am afraid.

lientie

Back to The Old Queen's Head tonight then- I'm very curious to see what sort of renovations they've done there..
Confabulation!

Madasasteamfish

it seems they're still renovating the queens head. anyone fancy the tap?

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

lientie

We're at the rutland arms,  you at the Tap now?
Confabulation!

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

lientie

Are you still there? Could wander down
Confabulation!

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

shares_in_solvol

Hi... good night last night although I'm not sure the Tap has the right acoustics for quiet conversation!

Anyhow I've been trying to work out how to send a PM and it keeps telling me I'm not allowed. Is this a status thing or just a glitch in the website?

The purpose of this was to leave my phone number with one or other of you so that future confusion can be avoided... if I can't crack the PM thing today I will leave it on here in words or something - just wary of things harvesting my phone number is all...

Cheers!

__
Dave
()() ┌──   ()()
()() |      ()()
()() │      ()()
()() ───   ()()
()() - -    ()()
()()  _ /   ()()
()() /      ()()
()()        ()()
() WWBD? ()

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

You need to accrue enough time on forum to graduate to Deckhand. This was done to filter spammers from PMing members, for which we all thank the Moderators. It's not long, browsing will do. Look at any of Herr Doktors threads in Tactile, they are long enough and the time will just fly by!

shares_in_solvol

OK, will do, as if I needed an excuse!

How much time to I need to accrue? I can't find that piece of info anywhere...

Thanks,

__
Dave
()() ┌──   ()()
()() |      ()()
()() │      ()()
()() ───   ()()
()() - -    ()()
()()  _ /   ()()
()() /      ()()
()()        ()()
() WWBD? ()

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Not sure the standard reply is that Swabs should PM the Moderators for this......

I can't exactly remember but I think between 4-8 hours to promote to deckhand, you have just over an hour, so a bit to go.

lientie

I'm not going to be along for the next 2-3 weeks, but I'll go along to the pub on Wednesday and see if it's still closed, so to plan for where to go Thursday in advance.. So much for 3 days closed :P
Confabulation!

Madasasteamfish

I called by the Queen's Head earlier on my way home and I can confirm it is open for business as usual. See you as many of you there as can make it tomorrow.

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

How does it look after the renovations?

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Back at the Queens Head tonight, the renovations have bee done well. Carpets have been replaced by original flags, new slate and parquet flooring. It's decor is much lighter, cream and muted green coloration, all the seating reupholstered. Lots of original features have been retained, but fit in well with the new.

All the brass on the bar has been retained, new furniture and fittings. Overall I like the new look Queens Head, quite sensitively done, and definitely trying to attract a bit more upmarket crowd.

Clockwork Seer

I noticed a couple of details they hadn't quite finished sorting out (The ack of a loo-roll holder in the gents being a minor but important one) but really, they're getting there. The whole place is so much brighter. Although the harder floors have altered the accoustics a little for the worse, it's still an improvement.

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Won't be making it in tonight, preparing for Eastercon in Bradford tomorrow.

Will be in next week.

lientie

I'm along just for a little bit,  also it's pretty busy so I grabbed a long table in the dining area :)
Confabulation!

shares_in_solvol

A relief to hear the Queen's Head hasn't been 'modernised'...

Anyone going tonight?

__
Dave
()() ┌──   ()()
()() |      ()()
()() │      ()()
()() ───   ()()
()() - -    ()()
()()  _ /   ()()
()() /      ()()
()()        ()()
() WWBD? ()

Madasasteamfish

lientie

So anyone thinking of going along to the Rocky Horror Show later this month? Thinking of suggesting meeting up beforehand for it if people are doing that
Confabulation!