News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Sheffield Steampunk Society Meets

Started by lientie, October 20, 2012, 12:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Proudly giving the entire Asylum The Finger!

lientie

Not  today,  but I'll be back along next week. Been thinking more about the zine  idea, would be good to organize doing that and finding contributors,  so should chat about that soon :)
Confabulation!

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

A pity, I brought my latest contraption.

lientie

awr  no,  what is it? Feels like ages since I've been along now,  been  away visiting family though..
Confabulation!

lientie

Confabulation!

Madasasteamfish

I certainly will be. Hopefully Peter will be too, I want to quiz him on his new tantalus.
I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

shares_in_solvol

Yep, planning to pop along with my good lady. May bring a friend too... so it is definitely back in the Queen's head now, is it?
()() ┌──   ()()
()() |      ()()
()() │      ()()
()() ───   ()()
()() - -    ()()
()()  _ /   ()()
()() /      ()()
()()        ()()
() WWBD? ()

lientie

It is indeed, although I don't know how busy it's been the past couple of weeks? When I went in there a few weeks ago it was packed..
Confabulation!

shares_in_solvol

Hopefully a good sign - although perhaps it might be an idea to keep the Rutland as a sort of official fallback...?
()() ┌──   ()()
()() |      ()()
()() │      ()()
()() ───   ()()
()() - -    ()()
()()  _ /   ()()
()() /      ()()
()()        ()()
() WWBD? ()

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Will be in with an update on my projects.

lientie

Okay, posted on facebook about the zine idea and got a few people wanting to contribute, i'll start gathering contributions from now then.

To anyone who hasn't seen it, we're working on making a Sheffield Steampunk fanzine- Anything you can offer is welcomed, stories, poems, art, comics, articles, reviews, or anything else you can think of. Either post here with interest or PM me.

Dave and Andrew: Do you have stories written already that could go in the zine or would you need to write something new? Because I was thinking maybe something between 500-1000 words would be about right, one or two pages.
Confabulation!

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Madasasteamfish

So, is anyone else coming tonight? Or am I going to be billy no mates even more than usual?

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

lientie

You're not normally the only one there, are you?
I'll be along tonight anyway :)
Confabulation!

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: lientie on May 09, 2013, 02:18:00 PM
You're not normally the only one there, are you?
I'll be along tonight anyway :)

Not normally. But I do have a tendency to be a bit of a Billy No mates.

Excellent. I've been looking forward to this.

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

I can't make it tonight unfortunately.

lientie

Was thinking I'd post about the meets on http://www.meetup.com/ , would anyone object to this? From what I hear from Xander it works well for the Edinburgh group, however there are quite a few non-steampunks who come along because of it who are just interested to find out more.
So, would be good to let more people know about it but those who come along might not be steampunks, which is why i'm checking first if you all think this sounds alright :)
Confabulation!

Madasasteamfish

Possibly. It would probably help us get more exposure and bring other people over to the steamy side. I mean it really depends on how many people we get noticing us.

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

I have no objection to the Steamcurious attending, I should be bringing down something new I have been working on.

Madasasteamfish

OOh intriguing....

Quote from: Mr Peter Harrow, Esq on May 16, 2013, 08:12:42 AM
I have no objection to the Steamcurious attending, I should be bringing down something new I have been working on.

I suppose another plus is if we can get them attending then we might just be able to prevent them glueing gears on things randomly and calling them steampunk.

lientie

Quote from: Madasasteamfish on May 16, 2013, 11:43:59 AM
OOh intriguing....

Quote from: Mr Peter Harrow, Esq on May 16, 2013, 08:12:42 AM

I suppose another plus is if we can get them attending then we might just be able to prevent them glueing gears on things randomly and calling them steampunk.

hehe yes..portray a good image..

I'm going around the country for a few weeks, so i'm not sure when i'll next be able to make a Thursday. I'll try and organise some sort of outing soon though, and try and get back for that. Hopefully Bakewell!
However if any of you would like to try out putting the meets on Meetup that'd be great (I was going to but then thought if i'm not actually going to be there, it'll be awkward..)

Also Peter, hope you have a good time at MCM :)
Confabulation!

Madasasteamfish

Afraid I won't be able to make it tonight, am feeling a little under the weather.

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

I can't make it either as I am preparing for a 4:30 am start for London tomorrow.

shares_in_solvol

Anyone heading down tonight? Erica and I will stick our heads round the door briefly...
()() ┌──   ()()
()() |      ()()
()() │      ()()
()() ───   ()()
()() - -    ()()
()()  _ /   ()()
()() /      ()()
()()        ()()
() WWBD? ()

Madasasteamfish

I'll be there, for most of the evening I daresay.