News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Sheffield Steampunk Society Meets

Started by lientie, October 20, 2012, 12:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lientie

I'm still away for the moment, won't be along next week either..was thinking about organising an outing the week of the 9th, possibly just doing a picnic at the botanical gardens, or going to  http://www.simt.co.uk/abbeydale-industrial-hamlet/about for a tour, what do you all think?
Confabulation!

Madasasteamfish

Would love to, but can't do that weekend as I'll be in Manchester  :-[
I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

Madasasteamfish

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

shares_in_solvol

Will probably stick my head round the door for a bit - sans Erica I'm afraid...
()() ┌──   ()()
()() |      ()()
()() │      ()()
()() ───   ()()
()() - -    ()()
()()  _ /   ()()
()() /      ()()
()()        ()()
() WWBD? ()

shares_in_solvol

Quote from: lientie on May 30, 2013, 11:47:08 AM
I'm still away for the moment, won't be along next week either..was thinking about organising an outing the week of the 9th, possibly just doing a picnic at the botanical gardens, or going to  http://www.simt.co.uk/abbeydale-industrial-hamlet/about for a tour, what do you all think?

Forgot to reply to this... sounds good! Would this still be on a Thursday evening?

__
Dave
()() ┌──   ()()
()() |      ()()
()() │      ()()
()() ───   ()()
()() - -    ()()
()()  _ /   ()()
()() /      ()()
()()        ()()
() WWBD? ()

lientie

Depends when people are free, can do Thursday before going along to the pub, or the weekend..I posted about it on Facebook but haven't had any interest there.
I'm free any day though, have finished uni for the year now :)
Confabulation!

shares_in_solvol

Hi - Queen's Head as usual?

I shall have to go and have leaving drinks with a work colleague of mine first (probably just 1 in fact) but since he has considerately chosen the Sheffield Tap as the venue this should not be a problem!

So I'll see whoever's there at about 7ish...?

__
Dave
()() ┌──   ()()
()() |      ()()
()() │      ()()
()() ───   ()()
()() - -    ()()
()()  _ /   ()()
()() /      ()()
()()        ()()
() WWBD? ()

lientie

I'll be there :) need to ask a favor of someone with tidy handwriting as well.. don't suppose any of you can do copperplate?
Confabulation!

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Won't be in tonight, unfortunately at a delicate stage of construction
Proudly giving the entire Asylum The Finger!

lientie

Ah ok, I'll tell you the results of the competition here then- I didn't win unfortunately, but I did get a high commendation for the design :D
(This'll be the last meet I make for a few months now so probably won't see you til September next)
Confabulation!

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: lientie on June 13, 2013, 12:29:21 PM
I'll be there :) need to ask a favor of someone with tidy handwriting as well.. don't suppose any of you can do copperplate?

Not really, but I can do something approaching it with a fountain pen and enough time and concentration.

lientie

Quote from: Madasasteamfish on June 13, 2013, 02:52:45 PM
Quote from: lientie on June 13, 2013, 12:29:21 PM

Not really, but I can do something approaching it with a fountain pen and enough time and concentration.

Hm..well i'll bring along my ink pens and try you out with it if you don't mind, need some text on my illustration of the armapenguin for the zine, my handwriting is horrendous though xD

Also i'll be there about 6.30 today
Confabulation!

Retrobot0110

Hey, I'm really getting into steampunk, and was hoping to go to something like this, but I work thursday nights. I'll keep my eye on the thread, but if you guys do anything on other days I'd really love to gen involved

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

I will be in tonight, sharing my experience of Doncaster Steampunk.

Madasasteamfish

Ah excellent. I'm keen to hear how it was.

Lady Ava

I'm working away at the Sheffield branches of our store next week, would be alright if I popped in for a pint?

Always interested in how other groups do it! :)
''I'm a loose bolt in a complete machine. What a match! I'm half-doomed and you're semi-sweet.''
‎"You want steampunk to be a novelty, a LOLcat, a meme. I want it to be my life. Which of us is going to fight harder for it?" - Dimitri Markotin
*DISCLAIMER*     This dungeon is fictional, and any similarities to other dungeons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

http://www.facebook.com/antevortefashion
Mention you're from BG when ordering for free shipping!

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Quote from: Lady Ava on June 20, 2013, 09:43:44 AM
I'm working away at the Sheffield branches of our store next week, would be alright if I popped in for a pint?

Why yes, all guests welcome.

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: Lady Ava on June 20, 2013, 09:43:44 AM

MUST NOT MAKE INNUENDO BASED JOKES!!  :o :o :o

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

lientie

What's this? New people? I picked a bad week to be away D:

Quote from: Retrobot0110 on June 20, 2013, 02:22:14 AM
Hey, I'm really getting into steampunk, and was hoping to go to something like this, but I work thursday nights. I'll keep my eye on the thread, but if you guys do anything on other days I'd really love to gen involved

I spotted this flyer near where I live, might be worth organising an outing to it, I hear they're always good nights :) (I believe Mr B performed there a couple of years ago..)

Confabulation!

Madasasteamfish

Anyone else coming along tomorrow? I may or may not be depending on my 'homework'.

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Madasasteamfish

Looks like I can confirm my presence tonight. Any other definites? Or even maybes?

Retrobot0110

Well that's my friday night sorted. I'll be heading down to the edwardian promenade tomorrow. Sounds fun.

lientie

Quote from: Retrobot0110 on June 27, 2013, 10:00:36 PM
Well that's my friday night sorted. I'll be heading down to the edwardian promenade tomorrow. Sounds fun.

I'm kind of annoyed that i'm away now, the event is literally a two minute walk from my house :/
(Also if you're looking for food after I highly recommend the Sun Kong Chinese round the corner from there, looks a bit grubby but fantastic food)
Confabulation!