News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

Sheffield Steampunk Society Meets

Started by lientie, October 20, 2012, 12:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: Creeper221195 on November 24, 2012, 12:21:11 PM
Hey i am a begginer in Steampunk and a massive fan allready. Looking into the fashion side and i live in Sheffield. Unforternatly i'm only 17 but does look great.

Don't worry, I do believe the Queen's head offers a number of non-alcoholic fruit based beverages. And I promise, you won't come to any harm with us, although I can't speak for any of your potentially young fresh faced ideas and or sensibilities.
I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

lientie

Yeah you should come along some time! Age doesn't matter for it, I started going to steampunk meets at 17 ^^ (These kinds of pub meets are good for beginners too, don't need to dress up or anything if you don't want to, just come along and say hi :)
Confabulation!

Creeper221195

Thanks. It is just i will feel very awkward if i am the only teen there

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Compared to me you are all youngsters dangnabbit!
Proudly giving the entire Asylum The Finger!

lientie

That just means you are the wisest of us :P
Also Creeper221195: you won't be the only teen, I'm normally the youngest at 19 :) Have you been to any steampunk things before?
Confabulation!

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Quote from: lientie on November 25, 2012, 06:44:59 PM
That just means you are the wisest of us :P
Also Creeper221195: you won't be the only teen, I'm normally the youngest at 19 :) Have you been to any steampunk things before?

No it really, really doesn't.

You have seen the stuff I make!

Creeper221195

Nope i have not. This would be my first steampunk thing i  have been too. Sounds really cool

Creeper221195

Oh. Another thing. With me being a Steampunk fan, I have actually been looking at it for my college art project. Would any of you guys mind if i took any pictures of you. See pojects like this are really getting me into steampunk. And made me do more research in my spare time.

Creeper221195

Hey to be honest it is more of a two birds one stone style thing. I mean i get to meet you guys/girls and learn more about steampunk but also the pics would help. I think i have found my way to The Old Queens Head via google maps. So i was wondering if the meet is going on next week. Because unforternatly i have something at my old school this Thursday. And if we are meeting next Thursday. Around what time?

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

LadyEmbura

Quote from: lientie on November 01, 2012, 12:40:51 AM
Lady embura: yes there are a few of us about, would be lovely to see you at one of the meets if you can make it ^^ (I know there are a few more Barnsley steampunks about but not too sure they're on the forum..)

There are more Barnsley steampunks?! I've never seen any around haha! I've got a few of my friends and my boyfriend into steampunk but apart from that I've not seen any around :P
I did meet one at the asylum who was from Barnsley but I had no idea she was before :P
Barnsley steampunks please show yourselves!!! :D
Lady Embura at your service! Aprentice engineer and Master monster hunter! I'm a member in the First Tea Company and Major Jack Union's Monster Hunting Fleet!

lientie

Quote from: Creeper221195 on November 27, 2012, 07:52:44 AM
Hey to be honest it is more of a two birds one stone style thing. I mean i get to meet you guys/girls and learn more about steampunk but also the pics would help. I think i have found my way to The Old Queens Head via google maps. So i was wondering if the meet is going on next week. Because unforternatly i have something at my old school this Thursday. And if we are meeting next Thursday. Around what time?

Well I can't speak for the others about photos, but if you come along and ask at the time some will likely be ok with that. A really good event for you to go to for pictures would be this https://www.facebook.com/events/160572474066530/ - Lots of steampunks meeting up for the Victorian christmas market at Kelham Island :)
Confabulation!

Creeper221195

Hey thanks. So it is around 6:30. I allways thought 6. Anyway. Yeah i heard about the Christmas Market. That would be really cool to go their actually. Especially if they are lots of Steampunks about. I heard about that actually and it sounds very interesting allthough i did not realise Steampunk People would be there.  You should really think about that as a Sheffield Steampunk visit.

lientie

Yeah it was 6 but then normally people arrive between 6.30-7. But i'm normally there from 6 anyway if you do turn up earlier. I was going to do it as a group trip but someone beat me to it really :P It sounds like everyone's meeting up before going over to the market anyway so will see people there.
Confabulation!

Creeper221195

Okay then well i will be there at 6. And yeah i love the idea of the Steampunk invasion of Kelham Island

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

I won't be coming tonight, I am losing my voice!

I hope to do Kelham Island over the weekend if it improves, who is going when?

lientie

Unfortunately I won't be going to that at the weekend now due to lack of funds..sounds like it'll be a good day though. Hope you get better soon then!
Confabulation!

Aethera Verdigris

Quote from: Mr Peter Harrow, Esq on November 29, 2012, 07:23:57 AM

I hope to do Kelham Island over the weekend if it improves, who is going when?

Hi Peter, I think the majority of us (about 70!) will be meeting at 11am on Saturday outside the Kelham Island Brewery on Alma Street. Katie Jane over on FB organised the buying of some advance tickets as they were cheaper, but I think they are around £5 on the day.
Hope this helps as I know you're not on FB. http://flickr.com/gp/22890179@N07/2CJz8c

All the best,
Janine

Creeper221195

Hey is it the Christmas Market tommorow? Hey if loads of steampunks are going sounds great.

Creeper221195

And will you steampunkers be there on Sunday?

lientie

Oh is the market on sunday as well? From the sounds of it everyone will be there just on the saturday.
Confabulation!

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Probably not going to make Saturdays meet up, voice still gone, blast!

Creeper221195

Well thats a shame. I would have loved to come on Saturday but i simply cant. I promised my friend like 2 weeks back that i would go alternative cloth shopping with him because he wants to rejoin the dark side. Also i have some WH Smith Vouchers to spend. Which means more manga for me.  :)

Creeper221195

Oh sounds like i will be able to make it this week. Yaayyy  :)