News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Sheffield Steampunk Society Meets

Started by lientie, October 20, 2012, 12:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shares_in_solvol

Hi,

New to this forum but have been dappling in the sepia arts for a while. Been wondering if there was some kind of community in Sheffield so delighted to find this one!

I take it you still meet at the Queen's Head, ie that this has not moved anywhere else? If so I hope to see you on Thursday!

()() ┌──   ()()
()() |      ()()
()() │      ()()
()() ───   ()()
()() - -    ()()
()()  _ /   ()()
()() /      ()()
()()        ()()
() WWBD? ()

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: shares_in_solvol on December 03, 2012, 04:28:00 PM
Hi,

New to this forum but have been dappling in the sepia arts for a while. Been wondering if there was some kind of community in Sheffield so delighted to find this one!

I take it you still meet at the Queen's Head, ie that this has not moved anywhere else? If so I hope to see you on Thursday!

Nope. Still there, every thursday from 6 (although tbh me and lientie are both usually there a bit before). I look forwards to seeing you. Even though I shall be most likely be slightly more polychromatic than usual.
I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

lientie

Hi,

Yep we're a relatively new group, so always nice to have more people along, hope to see you Thursday then ^^
Confabulation!

Creeper221195

Hi,

Hey hope to see you there. It will also be my first meet on Thursday so looks like we're starting at the same time.

Creeper221195

See you all there today. Hopefully it should be fun.

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Will be coming in straight from work.
Proudly giving the entire Asylum The Finger!

shares_in_solvol

Well, nice to meet you all last night - or should I say 5 of you? But then small gatherings are better for remembering names...

We talked about a possible outing to Bakewell - here are some links to bus timetables:

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/WorkArea/linkit.aspx?LinkIdentifier=id&ItemID=4497&libID=4494 (via Broomill/ Crosspool)

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/WorkArea/linkit.aspx?LinkIdentifier=id&ItemID=4298&libID=4295 (via Hunter's Bar/ Ecclesall - also includes services to Matlock)

Apologies to lientie for talking about cars too much - I know they're not very steampunk (and they'll never catch on!). I'll try and get some pictures together of my various projects and post them on here.

Until then I'll see you next Thursday!

()() ┌──   ()()
()() |      ()()
()() │      ()()
()() ───   ()()
()() - -    ()()
()()  _ /   ()()
()() /      ()()
()()        ()()
() WWBD? ()

lientie

Quote from: shares_in_solvol on December 07, 2012, 11:27:50 AM

Well, nice to meet you all last night - or should I say 5 of you? But then small gatherings are better for remembering names...

We talked about a possible outing to Bakewell - here are some links to bus timetables:

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/WorkArea/linkit.aspx?LinkIdentifier=id&ItemID=4497&libID=4494 (via Broomill/ Crosspool)

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/WorkArea/linkit.aspx?LinkIdentifier=id&ItemID=4298&libID=4295 (via Hunter's Bar/ Ecclesall - also includes services to Matlock)

Apologies to lientie for talking about cars too much - I know they're not very steampunk (and they'll never catch on!). I'll try and get some pictures together of my various projects and post them on here.

Until then I'll see you next Thursday!

Was nice to meet you too :) haha it's fine it was interesting, it's not like we ONLY have to talk about steampunk things. And cool thanks for the links, will look in to planning an outing there in the new year, see what else is about in the area first..
Confabulation!

Creeper221195

And yeah, I mean we did kind of start talking about anime for a while last week. :)

lientie

Anyone thinking of coming along to the meet tonight? :)
Confabulation!

lientie

Not sure i'll be able to make it tonight, lost my voice completely today :/ If I don't, have a good time, those of you who do go!
Confabulation!

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Christmas shopping for me I'm afraid, can't delay it any further. Will definitely be in next week.

Madasasteamfish

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

Air Defender Sellers

Hello I was just wondering what date your February meet was on? As I do have a gadget for Mr Brown :)
Air Defender Sellers Espionage officer

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Madasasteamfish

Anyone else planning on attending tonight's gathering?

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

lientie

Afraid I'm still away this week, but I'll be back next Thursday :)
Confabulation!

Madasasteamfish

Ah ok. Well look forward to seeing you then, then.

lientie

We were talking before about doing the ghost walk around Sheffield city centre, who here would be interested in doing that? Just posted on the Facebook group about it as well. Sounds like an excellent tour for the history of the city.
Mr Peter Harrow: how much does the ghost walk cost, do you remember?
Confabulation!

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

From memory £5.00 but I can speak to Darren and Jo see if they have increased their fees. They are good value for money, better than other professional ghost walkers.

They actually have three different tours, so I will ask for the most Victorian of the three.

lientie

Thought I posted this already but apparently not-
If anyone fancies coming along on the ghost walk, we're now going to it on the Thursday 24th next week. Meet at the Old Queen's Head for the usual at 6pm then wander up to the town hall for the walk at 7.30pm, and it costs £5 :)
Confabulation!

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Weather permitting!

I probably won't be along tomorrow, too icy and snowy! Brrrr!

Madasasteamfish

Ok. I'll try and remember that it's happening. I should be dropping in after work tonight.