News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Sheffield Steampunk Society Meets

Started by lientie, October 20, 2012, 12:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Anyone around tonight?

I will be bringing what I have been working on over the last week.
Proudly giving the entire Asylum The Finger!

RobSykes

Hi I am relatively new to the steampunk scene and am curious as to if the Sheffield society still exists and meets?

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Yes we do and next meeting will be a week tomorrow at the Old Queens Head. We meet first and third Wednesdays in the month.

I am unlikely to attend as I am likely to be recovering from eye surgery

RobSykes

Hi Peter, thank you for replying. That is glad to know as myself and my partner would like to get involved with the Sheffield society. I will be sure to make a note of the dates for future meets and hopefully see you there.

Good luck with the eye surgery.

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Your welcome, the people most likely to be in attendance are Dave Redford and Erica Madelin, we have usually between 2- 10 people attending , mostly couples and mostly makers. We usually sit in the main dining area from about 6:00 pm onwards and please note Wednesday is fish supper night at the Queens Head so it is worth bringing an appetite.

The eye surgery usually leads to 3 days of blinding headaches and the next meeting is slap bang in the middle of that period. A pity really as I hope to have an update on the steampunk E11 Blaster for Steam WarsI am building but I won't be able to make any progress on it that week at all.

Major Wolfram Quicksilver

I've organised an event on facebook for a visit to the Kelham Island Museum for Sunday 14th of October. It's a long way away I know, but I thought it I'd put it out there anyway. I've also suggested a night out in Sheffield the night before, with a meal to start, then a few drinks, and ending up in Corporation. I put it on the Sheffield Steampunk Society page, and thought it was best to put it here as well.

I'd love to come over and have a chat on one of your nights, so might see you soon.
'This job looks complicated, get a bigger hammer!'

'The 4lb lump hammer, also known as a Birmingham Screwdriver'

'Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.  Wisdom is never putting them in a fruit salad.'