News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Sheffield Steampunk Society Meets

Started by lientie, October 20, 2012, 12:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lientie

Not sure i'll be able to come along today now, not feeling well at all.. Reckon I should cancel it today, or are you likely to attend, Andrew?
Confabulation!

Madasasteamfish

I did attend, but I wasn't able to check either BG or FB whilst at work. But I did enjoy my food.
I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

lientie

What do you reckon about doing the ghost walk tomorrow, think it's worth it in this weather?
Confabulation!

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Sadly no, whilst main pedestrian areas in the City Cente are clear, not all the side streets are and some have turned into ice slides. It is projected to turn colder.

Better wait until the weather improves, sorry Darren and Jo.

I will be in tomorrow, weather permitting .
Proudly giving the entire Asylum The Finger!

DreamHazard

lientie

I'll let people know it'll likely be next week instead then. Xander, you can come for the ghost walk too then :D And i'll be there tomorrow too.
Confabulation!

shares_in_solvol

Hi,

Just checking that the ghost walk is still on. Refreshing lack of ice this week, now all we have to worry about is the rain!

I'll be in the Queen's Head at any rate, along with my other half... see you there?

__
Dave
()() ┌──   ()()
()() |      ()()
()() │      ()()
()() ───   ()()
()() - -    ()()
()()  _ /   ()()
()() /      ()()
()()        ()()
() WWBD? ()

lientie

Yep ghost walk is on tonight, was worried it might rain but looks fine :) will be nice to see you there! Looks like there will be about 9 of us along now
Confabulation!

lientie

Meant to post earlier but that was a good evening, with the ghost walk, very entertaining :) For the next outing I was thinking maybe http://www.simt.co.uk/abbeydale-industrial-hamlet/about -Have any of you been along to there?
Confabulation!

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Darren Jo and Steve are very good, sorry I couldn't make yesterday, press of work, all being well back next week.

lientie

Ah ok, did wonder what happened, but see you next week then. You missed darts on the big screen :O
Confabulation!

DreamHazard

Quote from: lientie on February 08, 2013, 08:45:46 PM
Ah ok, did wonder what happened, but see you next week then. You missed darts on the big screen :O

Oh man, the darts... That was fully worth them going to the effort of pulling out the big screen :D

andrew craven

Hello...do you guys have a facebook forum or is this the only source you have. I am interested in joining you to one of the meet ups at some point.

Madasasteamfish

We do have a group page on the book of faces, which can be found here:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/298349896864818/

I look forward to seeing you at a get-together.

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

lientie

I'm afraid I probably won't be along tomorrow evening, got a huge amount of work to catch up on..shall be there the week after though.
Confabulation!

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Madasasteamfish

DreamHazard

Apparently a couple of new members have turned up and there's been no-one to receive them, has anyone from here been down tonight?

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

I have been here since 7.00 dressed in tweeds with a set of brass googles on the table.

How could they miss me?

DreamHazard

Thanks Peter, I've relayed that information but it seems as though they've already left. They were quite rude about the whole thing,

"What a Damn farce forget this group and forget steampunk",

but I put up a polite reply in the hope they'll try again.

lientie

Didn't notice they'd left..it's a shame really, tried to be nice about it but it doesn't look like they want to give the meets another go.

Edit: Spoke too soon, nevermind!
Confabulation!

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: lientie on February 14, 2013, 08:53:33 PM
Didn't notice they'd left..it's a shame really, tried to be nice about it but it doesn't look like they want to give the meets another go.

Edit: Spoke too soon, nevermind!

Huzzah! Let's break out the Rum!

lientie

I'll take that rum with some coke \o/
Confabulation!

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

We were always going to be a little low on numbers on the 14th Feb, but that should have been anticipated.

I do hope they do give us another go.

andrew craven

My apologies for being a nuisance but the link that you gave me there does not seem to work. I did try and search for the page but no result.