News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

What Are You Listening To? Mk. 3.

Started by Rockula, December 08, 2012, 06:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

river rat

this way to the egress. These guys played at the 2017 Big River Steampunk Fest in Hannibal Mo. They were awesome! After their performance at the 'Masquerade' I bought every one of their CDs.

They did this song live,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZn4nYmOL0E
I'm not all bad. I rob graves. I don't add to their numbers.

chicar

A Nice Mix Of Traditional Asian And Electronic Music:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0nZbt1Txsk
The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''

J. Wilhelm

Piazzola's "Libertango" performed by the Berlin Philarmonic Orchestra 2014.

Libertango in Berlin Philharmonic 2014 (amazing!!!)

morozow

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

morozow

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

Voltin

"We often mingle with the world, but our discovery is hidden away, as it can be in a small compass, and no one suspects who or what we are. We pass as tourists among our fellow-men" - Mystery Airship Pilot 1858-1898

morozow

Banfili

Old favourite!
Enigma

New favourite!
Adele 25

J. Wilhelm

MWBailey

A fellow banjoista says he wants to be this band's bassist (I think he's joking (?) buut I'm not sure. I watched this vid on Youtube, and now I'm hooked, too.

https://youtu.be/W0CBzKfvA80

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

J. Wilhelm

I stumbled on this 6-year old band, Drab Majesty, during SXSW 2018 a couple of weeks ago. Some really good 1980s-style Gothy New Wave music, for those of you old enough to remember Xymox and The Cure, then you'll appreciate this music that sounds like it came straight out of the early 1980s. Their theme and lyrics are based on American UFO cults and they adopt an androgynous persona.

Drab Majesty "Too Soon To Tell" (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

Drab Majesty - Cold Souls

Drab Majesty - Kissing The Ground

Rockula

Today I'm listening to the entire recorded output of 'Big Audio Dynamite.
The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...

PunksatawnyPhil

Songs about men and machines seem SP appropriate: Welcome to Machine--Pink Floyd, Machine Messiah--Yes, the I Robot album--Alan Parsons, etc.

Sir Henry

There seem to be very few bands these days whose entire oeuvre is uplifting, cheery stuff, so thanks to Tankus the Henge for bucking the trend.  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEMFf8k2ms0#
I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.

Drew P

I know it's been a couple of weeks, but, JW, Xymox is still around and are currently on tour. They were just here in Chicago and were headed your way, probably too late now, though.
Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'

Rockula

Today will be my first full listen to 'Evil Spirits'; the new album by The Damned.
I got the CD to listen to and the vinyl to just 'ooh and ahh' at.
The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...

MWBailey

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

J. Wilhelm

Russian Syth Pop band Tesla Boy. They're channelling the 1980s, so hard it makes you want to break out the leg warmers, and look for the Betamax video cassette of Jane Fonda's aerobics  ;D

Tesla Boy - Spirit Of The Night

Tesla Boy - Strong

Tesla Boy - Fantasy

Kensington Locke

I've been building up my steampunk music list on Spotify.  I like GhostFire's Last Steampunk Waltz, but awhile ago when I sampled some of their other stuff, I didn't care for the singer's voice.

This time, I gave their whole catalog a try and found these:
Fire in the Hole
Book of Dust
The Confession
Nothing Right Here
Hand of Glory

I dig Hand of Glory enough, that I'm thinking to learn how to play it if I ever get some free time.

I need to brush up on my Aurellio Voltairre.  He'll be at Steampunk November this year.  Like GF, I'm not sure his whole catalog grooves for me.

morozow

J. Wilhelm

I just discovered Norwegian singer Aurora Aksnes. I swear this girl is not human, but rather an elf. At times her voice reminds me a wee bit of Dolores O'Riordan but with the quirkiness of Björk.

AURORA - Queendom (Official Video)

AURORA - I Went Too Far

Full concert, at Nidarosdomen (Nidaros cathedral), Trondheim, Norway, starting with a cover of Nat King Cole's "Nature Boy," a number of her songs featuring the cathedral's organ, and ending with a cover of David Bowie's "Life on Mars."

AURORA - Live in Nidarosdomen [Full concert]

And her interpretation of the English folk song Scarborough Fair (I still like Simon & Garfunkel's original interpretation, better with counterpoint, though)

Scarborough Fair - Aurora Aksnes (Official Music Video)

Zolder66

Pulvis et umbra sumus
My PC: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 / Radeon 7950 / RAM Fury 16Gb / HDD WD 1,5 Tb / Audio-Technica ATH-M50x / Dell UltraSharp

SeVeNeVeS

No doubt been posted before, but

Why does this track give me tingles? Mr hardrock/punk has a soft spot......... beautiful.

Nightwish - The Islander (OFFICIAL VIDEO)
And steamy vid......... ish

Banfili

I have in the CD player in my bedroom Dido's "Life for Rent" - I am giving Adele "25" a bit of a rest for now!

Cora Courcelle

New Years Day Concert from Vienna - what else!
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...