News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Steam Western, Cowboys in the UK.

Started by Mr Addams, February 25, 2013, 12:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. Dirigible

Quote from: Sebastian Dante on September 11, 2013, 08:20:38 AM
What are the plans for the shootout? I'm a first timer so I may need plans explained in words of one syllable. Would be much appreciated

I don't think there's anything 'officially' organised for a shootout. There's nothing on the itinery about it. I think it's just a matter of seeing how many weird west dressed people turn up. You know how these things go. Someone says something..someone gets jostled..drinks get spilled and before you know it all hell breaks loose! Failing that, walk up to the biggest, meanest looking SOB you can see and insult his mum. That should do it!
I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi

Rockula

''Whadya mean Edison was better than Tesla?
    Fill your hand you son-of-a-plastic cog..''
The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...

Capt. Dirigible

Doctor Cogg

That watch is amazing.... want one! Wonder how much it is?

Capt. Dirigible

Doctor Cogg

My observation exactly, sir. No price. One can expect it to be very expensive I would imagine.

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: Capt. Dirigible on September 11, 2013, 01:10:05 PM
Quote from: Mr Addams on September 11, 2013, 12:39:33 PM
Quote from: Capt. Dirigible on September 11, 2013, 11:13:35 AM
Firstly someone should really download this as a ringtone
http://www.mobiles24.com/downloads/s/303764-3-the_musical_pocket_watch_for_a_few_dollars_more
Then we can really get down to business

FAFDM Finale

Or Buy the Watch.
http://www.themusicalpocketwatch.com/

Nice..but no mentionof a price you'll notice...

This looks to have been a kickstarter project or similar which is now complete and the watches were sent out to the backers.
I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

Mr Addams

Quote from: Doctor Cogg on September 11, 2013, 01:18:43 PM
My observation exactly, sir. No price. One can expect it to be very expensive I would imagine.

I had to do a bit of digging. I don't think that this was a crowdfunding project as such, but it was certainly at least in part, financed by pre-orders. From what I can find out, the price was $549. A lot less than the swiss made replica, shown on the website, which was not an accurate replica, but cost $2,320.

Rockula

Quote from: Mr Addams on September 11, 2013, 01:42:57 PM
Quote from: Doctor Cogg on September 11, 2013, 01:18:43 PM

I had to do a bit of digging. I don't think that this was a crowdfunding project as such, but it was certainly at least in part, financed by pre-orders. From what I can find out, the price was $549. A lot less than the swiss made replica, shown on the website, which was not an accurate replica, but cost $2,320.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clint-Eastwood-Music-Pocket-Watch-FOR-A-FEW-DOLLARS-MORE-Great-for-Halloween/151116564889?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D1212742874262726226%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D151083036955%26

Mr Addams

Just over £100 with postage, could be worse,
Then there's THIS Not an accurate copy of the prop, poor quality music, and £1,876.47 plus £63.61 postage. a grand total of  £1940.08

Rockula

Quote from: Mr Addams on September 11, 2013, 02:03:26 PM
Then there's THIS Not an accurate copy of the prop, poor quality music, and £1,876.47 plus £63.61 postage. a grand total of  £1940.08

Not even gold. I'd want gold for THAT price.

Mr Addams

Mr Addams

I have been looking at the program, from what I can make out, the only obvious window for the shootout is after Her Majesty's parade, and before the Court Marshal on the Sunday.

High 11:30 !!

Or possibly 12:00 on Saturday, The Castle is free, but it clashes with the panel & the Attacknids in the Assembly rooms.

Capt. Dirigible

Quote from: Mr Addams on September 11, 2013, 02:03:26 PM
Then there's THIS Not an accurate copy of the prop, poor quality music, and £1,876.47 plus £63.61 postage. a grand total of  £1940.08

For that kind of money I want Clint Eastwood following me around and telling me the time whenever I ask.

QuoteI have been looking at the program, from what I can make out, the only obvious window for the shootout is after Her Majesty's parade, and before the Court Marshal on the Sunday.

Or possibly 12:00 on Saturday, The Castle is free, but it clashes with the panel & the Attacknids in the Assembly rooms.

Well..I'm not actually planning in taking part in any sort of gunfight/shootout anyway as my side arm isn't air soft/Nerf. I'll be wearing my Weird West  outfit on Saturday come what may!

Fat Spider

As long as we don't have to use a watch like that, it'll take forever :)
Don't Worry, Be Happy.

Mr Addams

I can put the music onto an MP3 player, with a speaker.
Not enough time to make something that looks steampunk though

Eric T Paradigm

Quote from: Mr Addams on September 11, 2013, 02:33:59 PM
I have been looking at the program, from what I can make out, the only obvious window for the shootout is after Her Majesty's parade, and before the Court Marshal on the Sunday.

I had been assuming it would be 12.00 on Saturday, probably in the Castle, but 11:30 on Sunday would be possible if it suits more people.
Eric T. Paradigm
Chief Engineer & Proprietor
Paradigm Engineering Co. Ltd
Hampshire

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

Eric T Paradigm

Thadeus Tinker has suggested that 11:30 on Sunday would be a poor choice since it would be immediately after the minute silence held after the military parade.  He has also suggested that we should sort out a time and then discuss this with the VSS team so that it can be cleared with the Castle custodians. So, who is up for 12:00 Saturday in the Castle?
Eric T. Paradigm
Hampshire

Capt. Dirigible

Quote from: Eric T Paradigm on September 11, 2013, 09:06:21 PM
Thadeus Tinker has suggested that 11:30 on Sunday would be a poor choice since it would be immediately after the minute silence held after the military parade.  He has also suggested that we should sort out a time and then discuss this with the VSS team so that it can be cleared with the Castle custodians. So, who is up for 12:00 Saturday in the Castle?

As I say, I won't be taking part in the shootout but will be there coz it'll be a great photo opportunity.

Mr Addams

Following Eric's initial contact, I have sent a message to Tinker, Via Facebook, Suggesting a 12:00 shootout on Saturday.

I have proposed an 11:30 muster in the assembly rooms which will give us a chance to rough out an idea prior to the shootout.

I have formulated a rough idea which will incorporate the Few Dollars more chimes as suggested.

When I here back from Tinker, I shall post confirmation here.

Rockula

Quote from: Capt. Dirigible on September 11, 2013, 10:02:35 PM
Quote from: Eric T Paradigm on September 11, 2013, 09:06:21 PM

As I say, I won't be taking part in the shootout but will be there coz it'll be a great photo opportunity.

I concur. The gathering yes, the photos yes...but I doubt I will actually take part in any actual shoot-outs. I've decided this Asylum is for relaxing and observing.

Mr Addams

I have just received a message from Tinker.
he has Vetoed 12.noon on Saturday on the grounds that if we overrun, it will clash with the Brass Button Hunt at 12:30.
He has suggested either 3pm Saturday 0r 12.30 Sunday.

I would suggest, due to the short notice, and since several people have committed to wearing western gear on Saturday, that we take the 3.00pm Saturday slot.
I would also suggest that we have a High Noon, (12:00) muster at the Assembly rooms to discuss a basic format for the shootout, and possible photo opps.
I shall try to liaise with Warden Arkwright when I arrive on Friday. 
As we are now at the zero hour for making plans, can anybody who reads this pass the word around to anybody that they see or contact between now and 12 on Saturday.

Sebastian Dante

I'm game. Should be there at 12 to eye up the potential victims, sorry, opponents :)

Eric T Paradigm

Amazingly, the shoot out went surprisingly well, I thought. About a dozen participants, lots of laughs and very little blood!
Eric T. Paradigm
Hampshire