News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

The 2d Art Thread

Started by Andy_W, September 28, 2007, 12:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hereaftermouse

Quote from: Ink and Steam on January 02, 2008, 04:19:20 AM

Hereafternouse - Great early work in pen and ink! Keep at it - I've been working with it for over 30 years now and it's always an adventure.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Next I think I would like to design some Steampunk "documents", like adverts and boarding tickets for Airships.

-Cathy

Thanks - it has certainly been fun thus far. Your work is lovely, I aspire to be able to create such things.

Skyshaper

I am also working on two more currently, as well as a three book series that all of the art is for.

Fortigurn

Those are beautiful Skyshaper, do you have any more?
My eyes!  The goggles - they do nothing!

Steampunk@Redbubble

Brushes:

500ml

Obsidian Daw

Brass Monkey

Wow.... lovely.... I like the dirty, almost film noir feel :)

Although, I have to say, given the uncanny resemblance to new york, perhaps use of the Empire State Building for it's intended purpose (glorified zeppelin mooring mast) could be in evidence?

Skyshaper

Yes, it was intended to be NYC, however, a variant version of it.

There are not any more that are finished, yet.  I am working on three others, two of which have people and are more personal in feel.

They are artwork for the first of a three part book series I am also writing.  Should things fall into place, I'll be doing a Max Payne style artwork web comic for the whole thing as well.

Thanks everyone!

Dr Veleck Madlove

Quote from: Insanity on September 29, 2007, 02:19:04 AM
I guess I'll break this thread in!

This is a sneak preview of the series I'm currently working on. I call it Victorian Robotopia. This one is actually a bit different from most in the series, but once I have them all complete, I will show them off here.

One of my friends is making me do a gallery show, so I'm currently working on a cyborg eye similar to the one pictured to wear at the opening.

Most excellent.  I do enjoy the look of this images. 

And Skyshaper your work is smashing.  I do so enjoy this thread.

Dr V

Commander Obadiah

I love the noir feel to it. It's my current desktop, and PSP, background. Just the right mix of sharp detail, and fuzzy outlines.

Commander C. Obadiah
The Steampunk code: 'To delicately dismantle the system from within, if it's not too much trouble'

heavyporker

Skyshaper... your work is INCREDIBLE.  I have the cityscape pic with airship as my desktop. It's gorgeous. I agree with the film noir feel.
I hope you all enjoyed Air Kraken Day

Ben Hudson, Esq.

Oh, curse this thread and the inadequacy it makes me feel for my lack of life-drawing skills! :P

I think that I might have a go at a pen and ink drawing with a pseudoclockwork heart. I might be able to cope because gears are all nice and regular :) It's the organic curves I can't really do. Proportion always goes out of the window when I try and draw things wot live.
Quod me non necat me confirmat

QuoteCappuccino?! I'll give you a cappuccino!

Fellow of the Retrofuturist Society

Gentlemens Handbook

My first day with a Wacom monitor. I was using the 21 inch.

www.myspace.com/xmaddmattx

"It will work..... trust me"

Smaggers

The cintiq?  Sweeeet.  It's a weird and cool thing isn't it?
"I should probably finish one project before taking on another, but the badger won't fit in the freezer." -Steamblast Mary

http://smaggers.deviantart.com/
http://www.bongofish.co.uk

Gentlemens Handbook

yes, I was using the 21 inch, shortly after I charged the 12 inch to my credit card and it shall be arriving in the mail soon.

Smaggers

You can get a switcher programme that means you can leave menus on a second monitor and still get to them with the pen by flipping the cursor to the other screen.  They've probably got it built into the drivers by now.   

A guy on my forums got a 12", and upgraded it a day or two later for a 21".   I built a 15" and it's OK screen size wise.

Oh, and nice picture :).  the robot has a vaguely dangerous manic air about it.
"I should probably finish one project before taking on another, but the badger won't fit in the freezer." -Steamblast Mary

http://smaggers.deviantart.com/
http://www.bongofish.co.uk

Gentlemens Handbook

I spent another day with the tablet and these are the results.

I fixed the face, and the shading and highlights are improving.

Ben Hudson, Esq.

Scanner's on the fritz, and Samsung in their eternal wisdom have put a lens so big on the NV5 that it gets in the way of the flash. So to avoid a shadow, this is a bad picture.

Edit: And in my eternal wisdom I've made it really big. Sorry. I'll get it fixed sometime.

loupgarou

What a wonderfully talented group you all are!
A properly themed tattoo has yet to pass beneath my needles, but I paint and dream that someday, the right customer will come along. One who appreciates victorian funerary themes.
A modest sample of my creations, in traditional spitshaded-watercolor.

As You Are Now...

The Heart's Pallbearer

Ben Hudson, Esq.

I do like that first one very much indeed.

Darth Saber

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that one of my steampunk images is featured in issue 25 of ImagineFX magazine. (Image #2 on the right side)

DS

loupgarou

Congratulations! It's beautifully renderend.

Fortigurn

My eyes!  The goggles - they do nothing!

Steampunk@Redbubble

Brushes:

500ml

Obsidian Daw

Lady Lavinea Dreadful

I suppose i can post osme of my junk...errm...."art" here. here in is only some of my drawings...my paintings are too big to scan...and my camera sucks to bad to take a picture of the jewelry i make... *sigh*

Guyver

I do allot of photo manipulations and have a few that fall under "Steampunk". When in collage I took a Photography class that did nothing for me except give me a HUGE back stock of images to work with.
Here are a few that I would like to share. They may be found to be NSFW so I have placed them behind spoilers.

"If I get kicked out of con for shooting a NERF gun I'm stabbing someone with a toaster!"
Hail Bedlam.

Gentlemens Handbook

wow, that second one is amazing. The blending is seamless.

I assume your a Giger fan, I have both Necronomicons.

I like how your style stays original but shows your influences. To many people copy outright.

Good work.

Honeythorn

Quote from: loupgarou on January 15, 2008, 08:33:42 PM
What a wonderfully talented group you all are!
A properly themed tattoo has yet to pass beneath my needles, but I paint and dream that someday, the right customer will come along. One who appreciates victorian funerary themes.
A modest sample of my creations, in traditional spitshaded-watercolor.

As You Are Now...

The Heart's Pallbearer

I love both of those. I'd definitely have them. I haven't finished getting tattoos yet. They are terribly addictive....
<((((º>¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>¸¸.·´¯><((((º>
¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º> ><((((º>.·