News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

The 2d Art Thread

Started by Andy_W, September 28, 2007, 12:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Doctor Lyzerg

Quote from: Guyver on January 18, 2008, 11:04:40 AM
I do allot of photo manipulations and have a few that fall under "Steampunk". When in collage I took a Photography class that did nothing for me except give me a HUGE back stock of images to work with.
Here are a few that I would like to share. They may be found to be NSFW so I have placed them behind spoilers.
Spoiler: ShowHide

I love your photo manipulations! Specifically the second and third ones. Beautiful!

I feel a bit silly posting this. I started this quite some time ago and I've never gotten around to doing a background.

Ben Hudson, Esq.

That's very nice :) It looks a little like your display picture... self portrait?
Quod me non necat me confirmat

QuoteCappuccino?! I'll give you a cappuccino!

Fellow of the Retrofuturist Society

The Good Doctor Lyzerg

Quote from: Ben Hudson, Esq. on January 19, 2008, 05:24:35 PM
That's very nice :) It looks a little like your display picture... self portrait?

I hadn't actually noticed that before. He does look a little bit like me. That's what my hair sometimes looks like in the morning. ;D

Friendly Hostile

A friend of mine suggested I post this here, so I joined and here it is:

I didn't realize it was quite so large.

My scanner murdered the quality of it, but enjoy.

Commander Obadiah

Fantastic drawing, Friendly Hostile.

Commander C. Obadiah
The Steampunk code: 'To delicately dismantle the system from within, if it's not too much trouble'

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Commander Obadiah on January 20, 2008, 06:23:48 AM
Fantastic drawing, Friendly Hostile.

Commander C. Obadiah
Thanks.  This site has quite the library of information.  I'm having a hay day with all of this new stuff.

Bigglesworth

Some small offerings of the graphite persuasion:

nicorahiah

some doodles ive been doing for an art project in my classes when i should have been learning.

humoniodish robot.

a robot suit? thing.. and some scrbbles.

just the robot suit thing...

and a robot with a sword? i was going for the kinda civil war like sword but i had a hard time with the hand guard. *shrug* there just doodles though...

(:P i like giant cannon hands)

Demosthenes

Just a quick sketch of an airship.  nothing great, I'm no artist.
http://palcrispy.deviantart.com/art/Anastasian-Airship-75277095
"I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent and of human knowledge that has ever been gathered together at the White House — with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."
"Kerplach" = "Guv'nah!"

Commander Obadiah

I love the robot suit, it's a fantastic piece!

Commander C. Obadiah
The Steampunk code: 'To delicately dismantle the system from within, if it's not too much trouble'

nicorahiah

Quote from: Commander Obadiah on January 22, 2008, 05:37:38 AM
I love the robot suit, it's a fantastic piece!

Commander C. Obadiah

:D thanks. i really like it too. i might use it for the project,  along  with another drawing i dont have but unfortunatly it'l be detailed down since i have to actually make them out of clay. but thats later. ill probably post the final results in tactile or something. ^^

Bertram Granger

Probably more Dieselpunk/pulp than steam, but I though I may as well put it up eh?

http://manabouttown47.deviantart.com/art/Mercedes-Pulp-Character-75312165

stroboscope

Hello, my contribution to the world of steam. An illustration from a couple of years ago.

Sean Patrick O-Byrne

The bird is going to eat that tiny child!  :o
Well I've worked among the spitters and I've breathed the oily smoke
I've shovelled up the gypsum and it neigh 'on makes you choke
I've stood knee deep cyanide, got sick with a caustic burn
Been working rough, I've seen enough, to make your stomach turn

www.doctorsteel.com

Commander Obadiah

That's a fantastic image! I love the semi-Abe's Oddysee 2D foreground with the 3D background. It's now my desktop wallpaper.

Commander C. Obadiah

Chaplain

These are all illustrations I did a semester ago for a high school project. My interests have been piqued away from other things, back to the steampunk genre, so you can expect more from me in the future.

Cupid

Bronzebot

I have absolutely no idea

Gazongola

Not really exciting, but here is a recent shop of the GPO logo, for my telegram (found in the retro forgery airship ticket thread). I thought of it for a 'steampunk postal service'. Please do not reproduce without my permission. The GPO logo is copyright to the General Post Office of Great Britian (now the post office) and I also would like to thank my friend oliverlane89, for the initial thought.

Gazongola

Meh, I will post my telegram to. I am not the best artist in the world traditional wise, at least not any steampunk themed pics, but I am working on one I hope to get posted eventually, when it is finished.

Edit: Aww screw, I didn't even price it right or put the right number of words on.

Bertram Granger

I like that Telegram Gazangola, despite what you mentioned in your edit. :)

Ben Hudson, Esq.

I do like that :) It is very handy for me actually, because a short story I am writing involves a telegram and that helps me with the layout.
Quod me non necat me confirmat

QuoteCappuccino?! I'll give you a cappuccino!

Fellow of the Retrofuturist Society

Gazongola

Chaplain

Self-Portrait of me in character. I bring to the steampunk-field yet another hat-based eccentricity: trilby hats.

Honeythorn

Whilst not really steampunk as such, there is some steam in it, and also an arachnid-legged Teamonster ( being ridden by a weretie .....don't ask ...) It was heaps of fun to do.( that's a cigarette in his hand by the way, not a whip )

<((((º>¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>¸¸.·´¯><((((º>
¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º> ><((((º>.·

Commander Obadiah

Honeythorn, any mind twisted enough to come up with that is a beautiful mind in my books. Do you happen to have a larger, higher quality scan?

Commander C. Obadiah

Honeythorn

Alas, that is the best I can get it I'm afraid. I don't have a scanner ( no space ) so I uploaded the picture from my cellphone.

Weretie is an absolute beast. He is the illicit lovechild of Andrew Eldritch's lost hair
( Sisters of mercy frontman who is now bald ) and the tie of Wayne Hussey ( Used to play guitar for Sisters of Mercy, now frontman for The Mission ), which was nicked from right around his neck at the gig I went to.

A friend and I sumrised that these two eloped together, and partook in a night of absolute debauchery on the moors. Weretie is the monstrous result! He is a paragon of sarcasm and dry humour, likes the ladies, occasionally writes a love poem for his woman of the week,and smokes like a chimney. He rides teamonster to impress the girls I think... ::)

Teamonster is entirely the creation of my friend. His mind....it is a dangerous place to be.....
<((((º>¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>¸¸.·´¯><((((º>
¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º> ><((((º>.·