News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

The Tradewind: OOC and Sign-up

Started by Cassandra Sheffield, May 26, 2013, 04:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should the airship be named?

80 Days
Tradewind
Following Sea
Aurora
Providence
Other (Please specify)

Cassandra Sheffield

Welcome! You certainly painted a vivid picture of your character, and I am excited to have him aboard. It's completely fine if you can't post very often- any contributions are welcome.
It's hard to unwind when people around you insist on stressing you out.

"I'll kill a man in a fair fight. Or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight. Or if he bothers me. Or if there's a woman. Or if I'm gettin' paid. Mostly when I'm gettin' paid." -Jayne Cobb (Firefly)

MWBailey

If it's not too much trouble, I'd prefer to have had the american civil war last considerably longer in-game than in RL, or to have ended the first time around at the RL date, only to flare back up again a few years later, and have only ended about thirty years before the present time in game. If that's not acceptable, I can always change my character's age, I suppose.
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

steamcowboy92

Oneida = Amarillo's original name.
I will kill you however I can , wherever I can, with whatever I have. You will regret ever making me decide to take action. -William W. Johnstone.

Cassandra Sheffield

Quote from: MWBailey on June 06, 2013, 06:57:47 PM
If it's not too much trouble, I'd prefer to have had the american civil war last considerably longer in-game than in RL, or to have ended the first time around at the RL date, only to flare back up again a few years later, and have only ended about thirty years before the present time in game. If that's not acceptable, I can always change my character's age, I suppose.
That's fine.

"I'll kill a man in a fair fight. Or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight. Or if he bothers me. Or if there's a woman. Or if I'm gettin' paid. Mostly when I'm gettin' paid." -Jayne Cobb (Firefly)

MWBailey

Fredonia: in RL, an area that includes the territory once comprising the old Edwards colony(roughly from the Navasota river to the far easten shore of the Sabine River, and extending Northward to what is now Texarkana and as far South as the Northern border of the original municipality of Nacogdoches. This area was declared to be independant of Mexico by Empressario Edwards and his followers (this predated the Texian Revolution by about ten years), and they seized a large portion of already previously settled land. The Mexican government, together with efforts from several of the earlier-arriving empresarios, put down this rebellion and sent Edwards and his people packing, but sentiments irked by the actions of the Mexican gov't afterward  tend to cause people to refer to the incident as the first beginnings of the Texian revolution. Rafe is not advocating or lauding Edwards' actions, but merely referring to the area as it came to be known in the days between the late 1820s and the American Centennial of 1876. Note: There are still extant several old "folk" tunes from the period that refer nostalgically to "Old Fredonia."

More than anybody wanted to know, I know...  ;)

Edited to adjust  boundary inaccuracies

zanlia copperwire

Im terribly sorry but I have to drop out of this... Some stuff is going on and I cant quite continue... In terribly sorry
An automaton which runs on Pockey Sticks?! Who has heard of such a thing?! If you dont beleive me, just look at this automaton. It runs on Pockey Sticks.

Cassandra Sheffield

Don't worry about it- that's perfectly fine. :) Good luck in your "stuff", whatever it may be.

MWBailey

What kind of engines does Tradewind have, and are they hanging outboard of the envelope/gondola, or are they inside, remotely connected to the props (via pulleys or prop shafts)?

MWBailey

*singeing torch: I can't remember the actual term; basically it's a pre-compressed-gas-cylinder blowtorch, that works pretty much the same way as the standard pump-up Coleman lantern. Common everywhere between eighteen seventy something and the late 1940s; I think everybody finally stopped making them in about 1970 or so. Looks just like a big Coleman lantern reservoir base, pump and all, but with a big horizontal tube on top with a big spigot-like regulator handle on the handle end. Some had only one trigger and a complicated valve that supposedly precluded blowback accidents (ha), and some had a two-trigger system for the same purpose. My Uncle told me years ago that neither worked as well as they should have, but that 'a person who kept his wits about him' was usually fairly safe...

Sorry for the double post.

Cassandra Sheffield

Your double-post was no problem. Singeing torches sound cool (but dangerous as all get out). Ah, about the engines: they are diesel, I think, and they are hanging outside.

The Corsair

Ok, I'm here. My post is pretty weak in all fairness, but I was lagging behind so I didn't really have time to have some little side-adventure before joining the main crew. Ass-pulling commenced and here I am.
Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/

Cassandra Sheffield

You're fine. Don't worry about it.

Dr. Madd

What do we want? Decapitations!

The Corsair

Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/

MWBailey

MWBailey

Uh-oh. Is the ship (RP) grounded?

Dr. Madd

Cassandra Sheffield

I really hope it's not grounded! Sorry I haven't posted for a while- I've been really busy getting ready for camp. (I'm leaving for a short summer camp tomorrow morning; I'll be back sometime on the 28th.)

mindofsteam

there still a spot open for one more hopefully?
Mad you say. Why do you judge me as mad i just wanna conquer the world what's wrong with that

Dr. Madd

I'm sure. Jump in, any time. We're just about to take to the air.

Cassandra Sheffield

Absolutely! Please post a short character profile here before you find your way onboard, though. :) (Thanks!)

mindofsteam

Name: Kieth Dunwall
Place of origin: London Canada

Appearence

Eyes: green
Hair: brown and short
Body: frame Small
Race: Caucasian

Clothes: goggles, hiking pack, bowler, vest, fairly standard shirt and pants.

Kit: 1 large canvas bag of assorted wrenches hammers and other tools, lockpicks tools jerky and assorted dried fruit compass worn out world encyclopedia hunting knife pocket watch

Description: Calm and aloof young Kieth seems to have an inordinate amount of knowledge at hand concerning airships and more importantly(to him at least) their technical workings. Kieth always seems to have a tale to tell concerning adventures on said ships though it is unclear if they are the truth or not. what is clear however is that he is the son to a mechanic in the town of london ontario and was driven out by wanderlust with little more than a bag of tools and his wits.
Mad you say. Why do you judge me as mad i just wanna conquer the world what's wrong with that

Cassandra Sheffield

Accepted. :) He sounds like an interesting fellow.

A Stubborn Chit

I was wondering if it was too late to join. I know you just took flight, so I don't quite know how I'd get my character there... I also feel that it's necessary to mention I've never done an RP before... So if you'd rather not take on a newbie that's cool too.   :)

Dr. Madd

I think you'll be fine to join, though I'm not the originator. How about stowing away?