News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

The Tradewind: OOC and Sign-up

Started by Cassandra Sheffield, May 26, 2013, 04:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should the airship be named?

80 Days
Tradewind
Following Sea
Aurora
Providence
Other (Please specify)

MWBailey

well, that same witch doctor sent him forward in time, of course!

Just joshing. I couldn't remember what the profile said (and I'm 52 in real life, so... :D). I'll fix Rafe's reference to Packer in a bit.

Addendum: The american Civil War should be considered to have lasted for ten instead of four years, with a small comeback by generals Hooker and Beuregard (who was not, in this timeline, killed in battle). Airships were used in the first and second conflicts, and greatly protracted them in comparison to what actually occurred in RL. Rafe joined at the end of the first conflict, during which he became aware of Madd and his exploits, and re-upped after a time in military exile with Beauregard in the late 1870s. He later joined the British military upon Beauregard's defeat and surrender at Shreveport with the Marauder Mercenary Company's Bayou Marauder branch, just in time for the second African campaign and the battle for Ullini, which saw the defeat of the Zulu. (in RL as well. MMC is fictional, by the way, a 'borrow' entity from the Steam London RP).
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

Dr. Madd

That should be enough mischief for Madd.  :P
What do we want? Decapitations!

MWBailey

Oho! So there's mischief in his madness!

MWBailey

Pardon the double post...

I'm sorry if I overstepped my bounds there; I can re-write, if necessary.

MWBailey

I don't know what it was; anybody have an Idea about that?

Dr. Madd

If this shows up three times or more, sorry. My comp is acting up. Where is everyone

MWBailey

I've been recovering from several types of maladies, most recently a rather serious infection and pneumonia, for which I was hospitalized for a short time.

W. S. Marble

Quote from: MWBailey on April 27, 2014, 03:24:44 PM
I've been recovering from several types of maladies, most recently a rather serious infection and pneumonia, for which I was hospitalized for a short time.

Healthy recovery and soon for you please--we need someone strumming a banjo around here to make it a real party.

MWBailey

LOL. Grab yer partners, dosi doh...

Stormcat

Is it too late to sign up?

Every ship needs a cat, and Sir Whiskers volunteers! He is a three-year-old Tabby with the unique ability to talk. His mother was experimented on by a mad scientists and her only surviving kitten gained massive intellect and speech as a result. Sir Whiskers enjoys catching mice, fine tobacco, Chinese tea, and napping for ten hours at a time.

MWBailey

Welcome aboard! We've been on a bit of a hiatus, But I was thinking thta we ought tio start up again. I need to write a segue back into the regular part of teh story fromn teh St. Elmo sidebar, but then we should be ready to resume, unless you want to wait til Madd and Steamcowboy get back. It'll be a could days before I can get to the segue.

MWBailey

Is Miss Stubborn still around somewhere? I'm loath to move another person's character.

MWBailey

Quote from: MWBailey on May 29, 2014, 04:10:23 PM
Is Miss Stubborn still around somewhere? I'm loath to move another person's character.

Apparently not. Looks like Dreyfuss or a subordinate of his might need to step in.

MWBailey

Um... Which ship are you on, Ms. Stormcat?

A little explanation might be in order, here; Rafe and Lena are in a different place, aboard a linearly-time-and-space-and-dimension-hopping airship, the RTAF St. Elmo

Druss, Dr. Madd, and the Tradewind's captain are aboard the ASTradewind in the airdock (another term for aerodrome) in Toledo, Spain, from which the St. Elmo has recently hopped, amid a rathe rviolent incident in the St. Elmo's temporary berth hangar. there.

Stormcat

My apologies, I've been trying to catch up with all this.

I modified my submission.

MWBailey

Don't wait for me to finish, go ahead and post whatever you folks want (that fits with the story so far) and I'll adapt my thing to it.

Dr. Madd

How far is the cafe from the action? Also, anyone seen Druss?

MWBailey

However far you want, I guess. I think I remember Steamcowboy saying it was in the commercial district in Toledo (Spain), but i could be wrong. I haven't seen Druss or any post from Steamcowboy since just before Stubborn Chit's most recent post.

MWBailey

Eeesh! Pardon my grammar!

I'll try to edit it soon.

Dr. Madd

Question: Where is everyone in the scene? And where is the Kraken, and is it within range of Madd's Blowgun?

MWBailey

Kraken-wise I hadn't yet decided. If you want Madd to go after it, then let's say it followed Lena and Rafe through the portal opened by the St. Elmo (fine by me, anyway).

MWBailey

Sorry fro the wait; I keep trying to wait for the others to post, but it looks like they may have given up entirely. I guess I ought to go ahead and put something up, just to keep it going.

MWBailey

How about a bit of a Kraken battle?

Dr. Madd

Madd: Currently on an Airtug, used to pull the largest ships into the Aerodrome. He's fired a flare to get its attention and lobbed a Curare-laden dart at the monster's eye.

Dr. Madd

I'm not picking the krake's response. I want the person who brought it in to respond.