News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Birmingham, Worcester & West Mids events

Started by SteamBlast Mary, December 02, 2013, 06:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubreay Fallowfield

I would say that as it doesn't clash with Leicester Space Museum I think that Saturday would be better. If we all meet up as one group rather then wander round in little groups that would be better
Tis' bona to vada your dolly old eke.

Miranda.T

Depending on family commitments we'll either be available for Steampunks in Space or the Worcester weekend; we just need to pin down which one it is...

Also as noted over on Facebook there's the Wolverhampton Victorian Fair (weekend of the Friday the 15th December) and there is also one in Stratford (on the weekend of Friday 8th of December). Another Chrismas event we might want to consier is 'Christmas at home with the Edwardians' at the Locksmith's house in Willenhall (an offshoot of the BCLM) on the same weekend as the Stratford market.

Yours,
Miranda.

James Harrison

I'm considering going to see 'Loving Vincent' (animated film about Vincent Van Gogh) at The Electric in Birmingham on Saturday at 2.30.  Anybody want to come along and make a group outing of it?
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

Aubreay Fallowfield

sorry James I'm otherwise engaged that day

James Harrison

Quote from: Aubreay Fallowfield on October 12, 2017, 11:56:36 AM
sorry James I'm otherwise engaged that day

No need to be apologetic about it; there will be other times and events where we meet up.

Now, a few weeks ago when I mentioned the Worcester Christmas Market; I also put it up on the WMSA Facebook page.  There seems overall to be more support for a Sunday gathering rather than a Saturday. 
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

Miranda.T

Well, we have now found out we will not be able to attend Steampunks in Space but that means we will be free for the Worcester Christmas market. We just need to find out not if the proposed hostelry for the meet up is child friendly...

Yours,
Miranda.

James Harrison

Quote from: Miranda.T on October 21, 2017, 12:33:55 PM
Well, we have now found out we will not be able to attend Steampunks in Space but that means we will be free for the Worcester Christmas market. We just need to find out not if the proposed hostelry for the meet up is child friendly...

Yours,
Miranda.

If The Saracen's Head is confirmed I should think there won't be a problem.  We've had our Christmas meet-up in their function room a few times in the past and never had any issues with children not being admitted.  (The function room being around the back of the pub and having its own entrance). 

Miranda.T

Quote from: James Harrison on October 21, 2017, 01:03:51 PM

If The Saracen's Head is confirmed I should think there won't be a problem.  We've had our Christmas meet-up in their function room a few times in the past and never had any issues with children not being admitted.  (The function room being around the back of the pub and having its own entrance). 

Thank you; that sounds very hopeful.

Yours,
Miranda.

SteamBlast Mary

Good news- The Saracen's Head is booked! I'll be giving htem a call next week to confirm times etc, but it seems we have *ahem* A PLAN!
'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night'

James Harrison

Quote from: SteamBlast Mary on November 16, 2017, 09:49:10 PM
Good news- The Saracen's Head is booked! I'll be giving htem a call next week to confirm times etc, but it seems we have *ahem* A PLAN!

Excellent!

Miranda.T

Do people bring food along to this for an 'indoor picnic' or buy it there?

Yours,
Miranda.

Miranda.T

A Happy New Year to all in the WMSA :-). I don't know if this will be of interest to the good people here but on 24th & 25th of February Aston Hall is holding a time travelling Victorian murder mystery. They say it's family friendly and Victorian dress is encouraged. The details are here: http://www.birminghammuseums.org.uk/aston/whats-on/whodunnit-a-family-friendly-murder-mystery-trail

Yours,
Miranda.

SteamBlast Mary

HAPPY (NEARLY) TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY, West Midland Steampunks!

Yep, it's coming up to ten years since our first get-together which seems like a good excuse to, er, have a get-together and shoot the breeze- maybe in the Old Contemptibles, for a sausage supper?

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,9719.0.html
'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night'

Miranda.T

Just in case anyone from the locale was unaware, I thought I should mention that due to the phenomenal negotiating powers of Mr Kevin Cooper and Mr Aubreay Fallowfield the WMSA will be in residence within the old school house at the Black Country Museum next weekend both for the 'Red by Night' evening and during the daytime for tea duelling, teapot racing and other steam-related frivolity   :).

Yours,
Miranda.

Esme Moore

Gracious, it's quiet in here, too! (having just checked the general UK Steampunk thread). Well, anyway - it was a delight to see so many new (to me) faces on the couple of occasions that I've been able to attend meetings in recent months.  I hope you are all keeping well, and I look forward to seeing you all again sometime in the next few months!

Yours sincereley,

Ms Esme Moore.

Kevin C Cooper Esq

The annual Birmingham Botanical Gardens Perambulation and Punknic is the 17th of August. Everyone is welcome.

Aubreay Fallowfield

Aubreay Fallowfield