News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Birmingham, Worcester & West Mids events

Started by SteamBlast Mary, December 02, 2013, 06:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubreay Fallowfield

Tis' bona to vada your dolly old eke.

Madam Takara

Medicate with tea ❤️

Miranda.T

Hello Madam Takara and Mr Fallowfield,
Thanks for the welcome to the forum. As I'm arriving at Brass Goggles from a somewhat unusual direction I though I should post a little introductory note over in the 'Introduce yourself (mk II)' thread to see how the good people here felt about that.

Yours,
Miranda.

Never mind the Cogs

Anything happening soon?
my goggles are getting rusty
If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing at all would ever get done!

Madam Takara

Quote from: Never mind the Cogs on June 15, 2014, 09:39:16 PM
Anything happening soon?
my goggles are getting rusty

Its a little out of the way and requires an automobile and a trustworthy navigator, but in a few weeks my friend and I are heading to Tutbury Castle for a Victorian fair (I spoke to the organiser who basically said that they are encouraging steampunks to come) I don't know who else is going but it promises to be good :)
I gave a link earlier in the thread but they've sorted out the website now.
http://www.tutburycastle.com/?page_id=1402&regevent_action=register&event_id=100&name_of_event=Victorian%20Fair%20-%20Saturday%2012th%20July
Medicate with tea ❤️

Never mind the Cogs

Thanks train or bus to burton then bus to tutbury seems possible, at least till the airship is fixed  :)

Aubreay Fallowfield

Okay lovely peoples

How does Saturday 23rd August sound?

I'll give it one week and book it next Monday (well almost a week) unless I hear of any objections.

Those on the book of face please let the others know

Madam Takara

Quote from: Aubreay Fallowfield on June 17, 2014, 10:44:45 AM
Okay lovely peoples

I'll give it one week and book it next Monday (well almost a week) unless I hear of any objections.

I do believe I'm free and I'm sure I can conjour up a bit of cash :)
Medicate with tea ❤️

James Harrison

Quote from: Aubreay Fallowfield on June 17, 2014, 10:44:45 AM
Okay lovely peoples

For Bantock House?  Ideal for me; in the diary. 
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

Kevin C Cooper Esq

I'll pencil it in pending the arrival of the grandcogling.

Aubreay Fallowfield

Not Bantock James, Birmingham botanical gardens.

Miranda.T

Dear Aubery,
Very unfortunate timing for us I'm afraid - we're booked in for that weekend at the Llandod Victorian Festival. A shame for us, but I am sure everyone that goes along will have a wonderful time.

Dear Madam Takara,
The weekend of the 12/13 is also busy for us, but it might be possible for us to come along to Tubury, if that would be all right? Which day were you thinking of?

Yours,
Miranda.

Madam Takara

Quote from: Miranda.T on June 17, 2014, 09:03:04 PM

Dear Madam Takara,
The weekend of the 12/13 is also busy for us, but it might be possible for us to come along to Tubury, if that would be all right? Which day were you thinking of?

Yours,
Miranda.

Fantastic :) they would be happy to see more steampunks! I dont know how many of the usual group are coming, but I think I shall be there on the Sunday (I'm busy myself on the Saturday on a long overdue theatre trip) but I'm waiting to make sure my friend is coming before I order my ticket. Hope to see you there if you can make it!

Love and tea,
Madam T
Medicate with tea ❤️

James Harrison

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

Lucius Baxter

2nd lieutenant in his majesty's Royal Flying Corps

Aubreay Fallowfield

Well Chaps and Chapesses

I emailed the group bookings person today and booked the 23rd August.
Does anyone have a particular time preference?

Personally I'm thinking 12 for a walk and a spot of picnic.

Regarding that I did ask him if we could make use of the Bandstand in oreder to have somewhere to have our picnic. It does have seats and is open only to bands and pre booked groups (well if you don't ask, you don't get!)

I'll let you know when I get a response

Never mind the Cogs

Prof. Comberthwaite

I think I can make Tutbury for the Sunday - I have a concert on the Saturday. I think it's less than an hour's drive for me.
Prof. Comberthwaite
Ancient Historian | Archeoastronomer | Ethnochronologist

Miranda.T

Quote from: Madam Takara on June 17, 2014, 11:59:13 PM

Fantastic :) they would be happy to see more steampunks! I dont know how many of the usual group are coming, but I think I shall be there on the Sunday (I'm busy myself on the Saturday on a long overdue theatre trip) but I'm waiting to make sure my friend is coming before I order my ticket. Hope to see you there if you can make it!

Sunday is also the better of the two days for us - although we will be seeing our eldest off to France with the school at 6 am on that day, far too early for my liking!

Yours,
Miranda.

Esme Moore

Botanical Gardens - count me in. Ditto Tutbury, I think - do we have a date for that?  And welcome, Miranda T!

James Harrison

It's been an age since the last meet up.... there's a Roland Emmett exhibition at the Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery.... who would be up for a trip to it Saturday afternoon? 

Madam Takara

Quote from: Esme Moore on June 23, 2014, 06:04:23 PM
Botanical Gardens - count me in. Ditto Tutbury, I think - do we have a date for that?  And welcome, Miranda T!

The date for Tutbury is 12th-13th, details on the website (I think I linked it earlier..) :)
Medicate with tea ❤️

Aubreay Fallowfield

Response from Birmingham Botanical Gardens

Good to hear from you Aubreay.  You are welcome to visit BBG on 23 August 2014.  You can arrive to suit yourselves and our Chief Executive is happy for you to be in costume.

It would be preferable for you to meet and come in as a group. I realise you will be uncertain of numbers so you do in fact pay for however many turn up on the day!

We cannot offer the Bandstand for your picnic but there  are many places within the Gardens where you can eat.  Our visitors do not encounter difficulties in this respect.

Do you wish me to book you in? I will then send an email confirmation or you can let me have a postal address for a written confirmation.  Should you find it necessary to amend the arrangements it is easy to do so at any stage prior to the visit.

I look forward to hearing from you.

SteamBlast Mary

I've set up a link for the 50th Welland steam rally and the Shakespeare Express (as they fall on the same weekend) here, with a note about camping here:

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,43302.0.html

Count me in for the Botanical Gardens! I'll dust of my pith helmet in anticipation. (in 2009 we had a punknic there, and so many of us arrived in safari gear, one fellow brought his little boy over and asked "excuse me, but my son wants to ask if this is the set for Indiana Jones" :-) )

I'd like to make Tutbury too, but unfortunately it's the same weekend as the Chap Olympiad in London so it's unlikely we'll be able to fit in both. Please remember to take lots of photos!
'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night'

Orndorff

I don't think this has been posted before - 20th July at The Griffin in Dudley, featuring BB Black Dog, Crimson Clocks and Steam Tease

Facebook event page is at https://www.facebook.com/events/272155002966047/?ref=22
www.facebook.com/crimsonclocks
https://crimsonclocks.bandcamp.com/
www.reverbnation.com/crimsonclocks
www.crimsonclocks.com