News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Birmingham, Worcester & West Mids events

Started by SteamBlast Mary, December 02, 2013, 06:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubreay Fallowfield

Tis' bona to vada your dolly old eke.

Lucius Baxter

Thought it would be a nice place to hold a punknic, thought I should get the ball rolling. A rolling jagger gathers no moss. But hey! the bantock house thing sounds good. We should do that next. Maybe before or after the winterbourne do...
2nd lieutenant in his majesty's Royal Flying Corps

Aubreay Fallowfield

Yeah OK I'm a bit busy for the next week or so but I'll do a trip over there and see what I can arrange. As soon as I've got some news I'll let you all know

Prof. Comberthwaite

Just said I'll go to Haden Hill House - my first event! Hopefully, I will have managed to pull together an outfit for the day. Looking forward ot the opportunity of meeting people.
Prof. Comberthwaite
Ancient Historian | Archeoastronomer | Ethnochronologist

Kevin C Cooper Esq

Quote from: Prof. Comberthwaite on March 24, 2014, 05:53:01 PM
Just said I'll go to Haden Hill House - my first event! Hopefully, I will have managed to pull together an outfit for the day. Looking forward ot the opportunity of meeting people.

Look forward to meeting you.

Aubreay Fallowfield

Lucius Baxter

James Harrison

A little over a month until the Winterbourne House & Gardens trip.  (Saturday May 3 at 11am).  Looking forward to it!
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

Prof. Comberthwaite

Could someone advise, via PM if necessary, what the form and format of next Saturday at Haden Hill is?

Thanks
Prof. Comberthwaite

Kevin C Cooper Esq

Quote from: Prof. Comberthwaite on April 05, 2014, 06:59:10 PM
Could someone advise, via PM if necessary, what the form and format of next Saturday at Haden Hill is?

Thanks
Turn up and be splendid!

Kevin C Cooper Esq

Yes I realise my previous post was a little facetious but I couldn't resist. As to a proper answer to your question I'm as ignorant as you are. That's rarely stopped me though!

Aubreay Fallowfield

No I agree with you Kevin.

Turn up, be splendid and make of the day what you will. There is no "agenda" other than to enjoy yourself

Lucius Baxter

I think, the main idea was.... As fine as I can remember... Was about 12:00 pm. Probably meeting around by the house, or the surrounding grass.

Kevin C Cooper Esq

As it's a picnic or "Punknic" it would be remiss of you to forget the picnic basket. If you're aprehensive because it's your first steampunk event then fret not. A nicer group of people you could not wish to meet.

Aubreay Fallowfield

And we don't bite.....only nibble appreciatively

Prof. Comberthwaite

OK. I shall endeavour to attire splendiferously and bake some comestibles  :)
Prof. Comberthwaite

Lucius Baxter

Fallowfield may not bite... But I know some people who do. Though they shan't be at the punknic.

Aubreay Fallowfield

I shall leave the gnawing teeth at home good sir!

By the way brass goggles UK is on twitter. They have retweeted a request containing details of the punknic

Esme Moore

I can't find any details about the Haden Hill do aside from the mention of a punknic and midday here - perhaps I'm being blind.  If that's at Haden Hill park in Sandwell, that appears to be within walkable distance of Old Hill railway station, so I might be able to come. If someone can confirm details asap, I'll do my best to attend if I can as I've been a tad unwell, and a touch of sun, sarnies and silliness is just what the doctor ordered!

Never mind the Cogs

hi noon  punknic is all the information I am responding to as well !
If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing at all would ever get done!

Esme Moore

Where was this event first publicised - anyone? Or put another way, all I have is 'Haden Hill' and 'midday', and never having heard of Haden Hill before, that's not a lot to go on. I'm presuming it IS the park in Sandwell, is that correct?  Is there somewhere particular that folk are meeting?

Prof. Comberthwaite

It's Haden Hill House, which I think is in the park - doesn't help that their web site it down for the weekend... Someone is going to be standing by the house at 12.00 to look after lost sheep - e.g. me!  

I think it was arranged via the West Midlands FB page.
Prof. Comberthwaite

Esme Moore

Many thanks, Professor. Not being on FB I can only go by what I see posted here, hence my request for details. Well, I've a few things to do first, will see if I'm able to get there once I'm done.  Have a good time, all, in case I don't see you there!

James Harrison

That was an outstanding little meetup/ punknic! Rather looking forward to Winterbourne in a few weeks.
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

Aubreay Fallowfield

I agree, nice to meet Prof Comberthwaite and the others. Esme you were missed