News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

Dragon Tamers - A room for those of us with anxiety / depression / etc

Started by Alexis Voltaire, December 16, 2013, 09:05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camellia Wingnut

My Dears,
I am really regretting the introduction of this Unmentionable theme, especially if I misunderstood the nature of Miss Carton's warning.
There is this:
But my view is that emptying the vessel through the window on to the Wolves outside might be the best solution.
Please, rescue me from my topical aberration.
C.W.
Take my camel, dear, said my aunt Camellia, climbing down from that animal on her return from high mass. The camel, a white Arabian Dhalur (single hump) from the famous herd of the Ruola tribe, had been a parting present, its saddle-bags stuffed with low-carat [sic] gold and flashy orient gems, from a rich desert tycoon. . . .

frances

Me. I like to get up every so often and have a leg stretch.  Traditional comfort a short walk down the corridor is just about right.

Arabella Periscope

I like to check on the robins' nest on top of the tank above the pull-chain at the bottom of the garden.
Kenneth: 'If you're so hot, you can tell me how to say she has ideas above her station.'
Brian:'Oh yes, I forgot. It's fairly easy, old boy.
Elle a des idees au-dessus de sa gare.'
Kenneth: 'Idiot.  It's not that kind of station.'

Terence Rattigan 'French Without Tears.'

frances

Well isn't it good that there are facilities to suit us all.

Baroness Lara DeTomey

Nice to have a bit of time for relax... I think I would like to have a cup of tea and a cookie...

Nice place, BTW... I love it...

Arabella Periscope

This is the best place in the world.  No one ever disturbs your nap, and yet you know that all is well with your loved ones.  It is to do with the special way that time flows here, I think. 
Kenneth: 'If you're so hot, you can tell me how to say she has ideas above her station.'

walking stick

My sister has been accepted for a trial medication study, I am both scared and hopeful.

Flightless Phoenix

Best of luck to your sister, my thoughts are with you both.

I'm just popping in here for 5 mins and a few deep breaths because my bosses have gone away to China on business and left me to effectively run the company until the 27th March. They did this last year when they went to America and no-one died yet I still worry I'll f**k everything up.... Minimum wage doesn't seem to be enough for this amount of potential stress! Still, if I majorly mess up, all they can do is fire me 2 weeks before I'm due to quit for my new job!

Right, I'm off again *fills pockets with scones*

See you all later m'dears!

CorneliaCarton

I don't suppose anyone will know any video game/anime/movie female characters who use a crossbow?
Ginny Audriana Irondust Moravia. Pleased t' meet ya.

Steampunk Away

Welcome aboard Steampunk Away! We are a small custom order shop, creating jewelry, props, costumes, drawings, and models. Email us at steampunkaway@gmail.com to have us create your special order on commission! Have a mechanical day!

frances

Oooo anyone got a small furry animal that I can stroke please.  Quickly as I am in need.

CorneliaCarton

I was hoping for a more old school looking crossbow than the one she uses. I bought a re enactment crossbow with rubber tipped bolts. It's made of wood with a nylon string. Single handed.

Steampunk Away

Rubi from the shooter game Wet sometimes carries a crossbow. Marle from Chrono trigger.
Welcome aboard Steampunk Away! We are a small custom order shop, creating jewelry, props, costumes, drawings, and models. Email us at steampunkaway@gmail.com to have us create your special order on commission! Have a mechanical day!

Arabella Periscope

Alexis Voltaire

Squee! ;D

Crossbows were pretty popular in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. I can' think of anyone particularly iconic for using one though.
~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~

Camellia Wingnut

Dear Cornelia,
Tia Carrere, in 'Relic Hunter,' had the most fascinating miniature folding crossbow, a Persian antique, which I think also had a grappling iron. I really wanted one. Wouldn't everyone?
C.W.
P.S. This Steampunk one is supposed to actually work!
Take my camel, dear, said my aunt Camellia, climbing down from that animal on her return from high mass. The camel, a white Arabian Dhalur (single hump) from the famous herd of the Ruola tribe, had been a parting present, its saddle-bags stuffed with low-carat [sic] gold and flashy orient gems, from a rich desert tycoon. . . .

frances

Oh Arabella, just what I needed.  *stroke stroke*  "Hello little creature" 

But what is it?

Arabella Periscope

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: Arabella Periscope on March 19, 2014, 10:15:33 PM

It is a chinchilla, Frances.  They are very, very soft!

I can attest to that, they are softest, most fluffy animals in the world.

Although if you're taking requests for small furry animals, could I get a chocolate Labrador?
I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

Arabella Periscope

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: Arabella Periscope on March 19, 2014, 10:41:35 PM

Here you go.  Enjoy.

Excuse me whilst I turn into a teenage girl at a manufactured skinny jeaned boy band gig with this little one. I'll be in my little alcove if anyone needs me.

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

CorneliaCarton

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: CorneliaCarton on March 19, 2014, 11:11:38 PM
How about an adorable basset hound?

*bites knuckle*

Well, I'll admit I do have a VERY soft spot for basset hounds (they are SOOO lovely and CUTE!!!!!!), quite possibly thanks to a former neighbour (but two) owning one (about which I can provide a couple of anecdotes), but I could never feasibly own one myself since I would be unable to stop myself from playing with it, in an attempt to make it happy (I have YET to see a basset hound that looks cheerful).

Can I has both?

Flightless Phoenix

Cute Overload *abort abort*!

Feeling a bit odd today, I guess it's the curse of anxiety that when everything is going well - indeed, everything you touch seems to turn into gold, you are left worrying that you've got too much gold...
In the next 2 months I now have 2 new jobs (over 3 locations and 7 days), 2 conference papers to give (which must be different, due to the vast difference in audence knowledge), interesting volunteering opportunites and a fashion show to appear in, plus various important events to attend like friend's hen do's and weddings. Anyone else would just be happy. I'm panicking about f**king it all up...

*sinks into arm chair - and is delighted when a small black kitten jumps up and falls asleep on her lap* Maybe some inforced relaxation will do me good...Must. Not. Disturb. Kitten.

Arabella Periscope