News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Weekend At The Asylum, Lincoln, September 12th-14th, 2014

Started by Rockula, February 13, 2014, 11:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockula

Sorted. Packed.

Sat here twiddling my thumbs and finishing the crosswords 'til Friday morning.
The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...

Lady Ava

''I'm a loose bolt in a complete machine. What a match! I'm half-doomed and you're semi-sweet.''
‎"You want steampunk to be a novelty, a LOLcat, a meme. I want it to be my life. Which of us is going to fight harder for it?" - Dimitri Markotin
*DISCLAIMER*     This dungeon is fictional, and any similarities to other dungeons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

http://www.facebook.com/antevortefashion
Mention you're from BG when ordering for free shipping!

Herr Döktor

Going up to Lincoln TOMORROW!!!

Can't come soon enough! I'll be bringing some of my miniature pewter (that's PEW-PEW-Pewter) rayguns, find me, buy some; they'll also not be at the Illicit Market on Sunday, as there isn't one.

;)

Kathy_Davidson

I will be setting off shortly. Super excited this year. See you all soon.
There is no such thing as useless knowledge, just dull ways to obtain it.

Madasasteamfish

So, I'm (nearly) packed, (almost) everything's ready, can't wait for tomorrow  ;D
I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

Prof. Comberthwaite

Heading off shortly...

I am extremely annoyed with Premier Inn. I am not stupid and will not easily have made this mistake: I am not in central Lincoln, I am 7 miles away. I am VERY vexed. I will now have a 25 minute drive in and out. Won't be able to just stroll round, take a break in the hotel, quick 10 minutes to change between events etc.

When I search their site for a place I have never been to before and it says 'central Lincoln' I expect it to be in 'central Lincoln'. 7 miles wouldn't even be central in most large cities.

This also means a dry weekend - won't be able to drink anything.

Prof. Comberthwaite
Ancient Historian | Archeoastronomer | Ethnochronologist

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: Prof. Comberthwaite on September 12, 2014, 07:37:41 AM
Heading off shortly...

I am extremely annoyed with Premier Inn. I am not stupid and will not easily have made this mistake: I am not in central Lincoln, I am 7 miles away. I am VERY vexed. I will now have a 25 minute drive in and out. Won't be able to just stroll round, take a break in the hotel, quick 10 minutes to change between events etc.

When I search their site for a place I have never been to before and it says 'central Lincoln' I expect it to be in 'central Lincoln'. 7 miles wouldn't even be central in most large cities.

Oh god, I know that pain. If I remember rightly they call the new one actually in the centre of Lincoln "Lincoln City Centre". And your post here has made me paranoid I might have accidentally booked the wrong hotel.

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

Ariadne Hyde

Still sewing the night before Asylum!
I'm a little nervous, are most people going in Steampunk attire?
It's my first time at Asylum, so I'm a bit apprehensive.

Madasasteamfish

Don't worry, despite my ability to kill threads with a single post everyone in the SP community is really friendly. You may even get some compliments.

Just remember, we all started somewhere and no one has ever gotten good at anything overnight (contrary to what 'reality' TV would have you believe).

Rockula

I BACK. I NOT BRAIN WORKING.

Post-Asylum Zombie Syndrome.
The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: Rockula on September 15, 2014, 12:45:08 PM
I BACK. I NOT BRAIN WORKING.

Post-Asylum Zombie Syndrome.

Same here. Back home and....and can't brain? I has the...err, erm, thingamie....

Miranda.T

Quote from: Prof. Comberthwaite on September 12, 2014, 07:37:41 AM
Heading off shortly...

This also means a dry weekend - won't be able to drink anything.

Drat - we could have met up in the hotel to say 'hello'. Sorry, I didn't have time to go online before heading off on Friday evening. We took a taxi in and out; not too bad, only £7 each way. I hope the inconvenience of the location didn't spoil your weekend.

Yours,
Miranda.

Miranda.T

Quote from: Ariadne Hyde on September 12, 2014, 08:25:04 PM
Still sewing the night before Asylum!
I'm a little nervous, are most people going in Steampunk attire?
It's my first time at Asylum, so I'm a bit apprehensive.

Actually, my family were a little the same as it was our fist time too, but everyone was so wonderfully friendly, including many of the traders who were especially generous to my daughter as it was her birthday over the weekend.

I hope you enjoyed the weekend as much as we did,

Yours,
Miranda.

Ariadne Hyde

It was amazing!
I am definitely having withdrawal symptoms.
Everyone was so nice and it was a great day.
Thanks for the support before hand it helped a lot with my nerves.

Best Wishes,
                Ariadne Hyde

Clym Angus

Well whilst all you lot were bopping around up country. I fought a particularly vicious pack of 10 foot tall leylandii.

It went 3 rounds and I won 2-1. I am now wrapped in savlon. It's not Lincoln, but by the gods the victory was a sweet one!

EXTREME TOPIARY! Hazzah!

Sebastian Dante

Did you not break out your whip sir and beat them into line? Or perhaps challenge them to a friendly tea duel?

thesteampunkalchemist

hey guys, i signed up here after hearing about this from a lovely chap at asylum

this year was my first year and i loved it
having had a brilliant conversation with madasasteamfish and doctor geof about the formation of a ginger bearded superhero crew

i spent the day ambling around and joining in where i could
i adored every last second, and naturally i plan on returning

if you saw me that day (i was with two lovely robots) feel free to message me or whatever

and also, hi!

(me and the crew of the Forever Autumn at asylum 2014, saturday.)
Captain Sebastian Birch of the Forever Autumn

"The Engine is the Heart of an Airship
But the Captain is it's Soul"

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: thesteampunkalchemist on September 18, 2014, 11:51:04 PM
hey guys, i signed up here after hearing about this from a lovely chap at asylum

this year was my first year and i loved it
having had a brilliant conversation with madasasteamfish and doctor geof about the formation of a ginger bearded superhero crew

Ginger beard force five GO!  ;D

Ah, good times were had by all....

Sky-Lord

sorry guys, still me i just changed my username

figured i better inform you all!
Captain of the Forever Autumn

"The Engine is the
Heart of an Airship
But the Captain is its Soul"

Septimus Grey

What ho chaps and chapess'

I think I've probably seen every public domain photo going of the 2014 Asylum. Fear not, I was not being weird and creepy, I just couldn't get there myself for one reason or another so I had to view it through the eyes of others :'( True to form it seems to be going from strength to strength. As ever, everyone looked splendid, the contraptions more inspired, and the facial hair was positively thrilling.

I look forward very much to attending next year!

Tally Ho!  :)

Septimus
"What is it Lieutenant Sebastian?"
"It's the rebels Sir, they're here."
"My God man! ....Do they want tea?"
"No I think they're after something more than that Sir. I don't know what it is but they've brought a flag."

Sludge Van Diesel

I have to say, I love the photos.  I'll make it there one year.
Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish

www.steampunkdj.co.uk  Please follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/SteampunkDJ & Facebook https://www.facebook.com/steampunkdj