News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Keeping Death In Check

Started by rovingjack, April 09, 2014, 09:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rovingjack

went partly blind and had a headache last night over a couple hours. Spent about 9 hours in the Emergency room, to find out it's a type of ocular migraine.

They also had a non-fasting blood glucose read for me at 107. so I don't like that over much. This suggests a future blood sugar management condition to add to the dietary issues. and I've heard that gallbladder removal correlates with a increased risk of later pancreatic issues like diabetes and pancreatitis.

Also found out during the CT scan of me noggin: a 'not significant' minor 'trace plaque' in the interior corotid that could not have anything to do with any symproms. they say it's not an issue, and the only reason it was noted was as part of the description of the scans. And my understanding is that it's not that unheard of in men over 45 to show some signs of plaque. And I'm also aware of the fact that had we not CT scanned my head and neck that we could have never even known or had an issue for the next 20 years.

but I'm acutely aware of the fact that my genetic father had a stroke (likely partly due to drug use) younger than I am now. My genetic mother had thrombosis at one point and died in her late 40s or early 50s.  So I may just have to be watchful for stroke and heart attack issues as I age.

And from the gallbladder issue last year we learned my liver is large and soft, so perhaps at a greater risk of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease as I age.

and I still get the shakes like a chihuahua, at seeming random. though the left hand tremor seems to have faded more recently and only seems to show when I'm trembling in general.

none of this is stellar news for my anxiety and depression issues of late.
When an explosion explodes hard enough, the dust wakes up and thinks about itself.