News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Steamtown USA (Sign-up)

Started by Stormcat, May 24, 2014, 08:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MWBailey

Added the names of my hired hands (Adelbert and Moxon), housekeeper (Wilhelmina) and farmhound (Bakersville, "Bake" for short) all puns, plays on words, and references intended.
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

Rose Inverness

Should clarify ages of younger members here (will try not to change them too much... sometimes it's convenient! but confusing, so will try not to).

Soelle is ~15
Orion ~ 12
Rose ~ 6
Victoria ~ 3

Winter celebration.... I don't know, we could vote? A half-blind vote... it could be fun.

We've 8 choices.
1 Midwinter Carnival
2 Winterthing
3 Wingding
4 Howlstice
5 Yuletide
6 Snowfair
7 Solstice and Stars Festival
8 Warm and Cozy

If we each prioritize choices by numbers, for example: (3, 1, 8....etc), and have that written down in advance but not posted on the Town thread until or after 7pm EST tomorrow, then we can vote half-blind -- we'll know what choices we're voting for, but not what anyone else is voting for so it's somewhat up to chance. Then the highest ranked names will be assessed and the winner chosen thusly.

As in, if three people have "number 3" within their top 3.... then unless four people have "number 1" within their top three, 3 would be the winner. If there's a tie we can narrow down from the most popular in the top 6. Does that sound palatable?

Or we could just roll a die, if we're less interested in name-choosing than all that.....

Otherwise, public in-Town-thread Voting begins at 7pm EST tomorrow!  :D
That delicate forest flower,   
With scented breath and look so like a smile,   
Seems, as it issues from the shapeless mould,   
An emanation of the indwelling Life,   
A visible token of the upholding Love,   
That are the soul of this great universe.

~William Cullen Bryant

Trains to Steamtown, this way...

Stormcat

Quote from: Rose Inverness on November 25, 2014, 10:46:52 PM

Winter celebration.... I don't know, we could vote? A half-blind vote... it could be fun.

We've 8 choices.
1 Midwinter Carnival
2 Winterthing
3 Wingding
4 Howlstice
5 Yuletide
6 Snowfair
7 Solstice and Stars Festival
8 Warm and Cozy

If we each prioritize choices by numbers, for example: (3, 1, 8....etc), and have that written down in advance but not posted on the Town thread until or after 7pm EST tomorrow, then we can vote half-blind -- we'll know what choices we're voting for, but not what anyone else is voting for so it's somewhat up to chance. Then the highest ranked names will be assessed and the winner chosen thusly.

As in, if three people have "number 3" within their top 3.... then unless four people have "number 1" within their top three, 3 would be the winner. If there's a tie we can narrow down from the most popular in the top 6. Does that sound palatable?

Or we could just roll a die, if we're less interested in name-choosing than all that.....

Otherwise, public in-Town-thread Voting begins at 7pm EST tomorrow!  :D

I've got my votes written down!

Rose Inverness

~William Cullen Bryant

Rose Inverness

Time to vote, people!  :D

(7, 6, 4, 5, 8, 2, 1, 3)

~William Cullen Bryant

Stormcat

2, 1, 6,

and...

I only liked those three.  :-\

MWBailey

1, 2, 6, 7 for me (If can vote for my own as well as others).

Rose Inverness

There ought to be some sort of cut-off for when other interested parties vote or don't vote. Shall we say Saturday, 12pm Pacific time? (Random, but it ought to cover anyone being awake or not, and not give preference to any time zone)

By the way, the point of voting this way is that we each sort by priority Every option, not just vote for the ones we like. Thusly if there's one that most people don't like, it makes sure not to get chosen by being consistently last. No need to re-vote if you've already voted though.

Summary: Vote by Saturday 12pm Pacific Time.

~William Cullen Bryant

MWBailey

gazel17

Hello!

I am new in the forum and I could still get into the RP.

Stormcat

Of course, just tell us where you'll be living and what your job in town is.

gazel17

Ok
So I will be living in a big house next to the river. It would be a clasical wooden house with two stories, but also with a lot of steampunk gadgets (like a clockwork door, a steam clock, don't know, anything :P). There'd be two big windows in each floor and three other small ones on each side of the house. Over my door, there is an heraldic shield with two crossed swords and a pistol.

I think I could be working at the police station, but also having a shop if it's possible. In case I can, I'd have an armory, where I would sell handcrafted weapons, from swords and knives to pistols or rifles.

According to family, I will be living with my fiancee.

That's all for now, see you soon!

Rose Inverness

An armory! Very cool. Welcome, Gazel.

So shall we commence with Snowfair, as if it lasts a fortnight or more? And just continue to discuss the goings on and all that? Or shall we await a particular day?

I feel we should also welcome our new player in-game somehow.

~William Cullen Bryant

Stormcat

let's begin with the preparations for snowfair, I think to avoid the "time warp" from last time, each person should contribute to the festivities in their own posts.

MWBailey

I've been ill (mainly getting used to an appetite suppressant that has emetic-like effects) and have been doing many things musically and in terms of Family. Currently, it's as if everybody and their dog wants to have their Christmas celebration THIS WEEK or next, so I'm running ragged or soon will be, doing that -- and I have Jury duty tomorrow. If I get picked, things will get complicate tenfold, and I may have to cut back on internet activities accordingly. if not, then life will be much simpler - until the next skull-crushin' crisis comes along (lol).

So... I'll try to keep up and post, but we'll have to see. That's the best I can do at the moment.

Rose Inverness

Quote from: MWBailey on December 10, 2014, 04:52:46 AM

So... I'll try to keep up and post, but we'll have to see. That's the best I can do at the moment.

egads. I do hope you feel better unequivocally soon! Please forgive any nudging on my part and chalk it up to loneliness/boredom, etc.

~William Cullen Bryant

gazel17

Sorry for not having posted anything yet, I've just finished my exams week. I'll read the past posts and start with mine soon.

Rose Inverness

Oh and any Steamtown 'adults' may feel free to join the schooling adventures. It'd be lovely to have you along to comment on the unusual flora and fauna we're bound to meet.

MWBailey: I have left Soelle and Orion's mechanical studies open to suggestion*. If you feel you or one of your staff may have had a hand in that, take the ball and run with it.

BTW ANYONE OUT THERE??  WHERE BE THE TOWNSFOLK??  CYCLONE??  DUST STORM?? PLAGUE OF INTERGALACTIC CICADAS? >.<

*Not that type of suggestion! At least, I don't think so....

~William Cullen Bryant

MWBailey

Starbridge and Co. are currently dealing with a bout of Chthuloid influenza (I'm nearly recovered from a bout of what the doc thinks is/was flu coupled with food poisoning and a much too strong batch of ginger tea (yes, it IS possible to make it too strong, no matter what Dr. Oz or your local herbalist or homeopath expounds to the contrary).

I'll be back up and posting soon, provided life doesn't throw me another curve ball.

Stormcat

well, valentine's day is coming up, as is St. Patricks, but that comes later. Other than a special chocolate sale anyone want to do anything special in town?

Rose Inverness

What sort of thing? Something familiar, or peculiar? (Comedy tonight?)

I believe my husband and I will be dancing 'round the garden. Perhaps we could have a gala sort of thing... bring your waltzing partner and a long warm coat and join us as we waltz through the garden maze?

Formal invitations can be extended. And those without dancing partners should come as well, and find a partner among the winter roses and 24-hands-high boxwoods.

You may park your horse & carriage in our vast drive, or... your spidery walking whatsis.... or diabolically-large perambulator hovercraft? Just make sure to park wayyy over to the right so others can pass your vehicle should they choose to leave earlier than you.

If this sounds amenable, I shall leave the menu of comestibles up to she who is so adept at it, and perhaps Starbridge and Co. might invite some unusual and interesting guests when the flu gives them some peace. (This could potentially take the form of inviting others on the site to join the game, or it could mean imagining and describing some wild characters and their odd details. Just a thought, take or leave it)

~William Cullen Bryant

MWBailey

Still having fits of indigestion and the (ahem) messy aftermath(s) thereof. Not sure if the flu is back or not, I don't have a fever but the nausea is there. I'll try to post something appropriate soon. Sorry for my non-attendance so far.

Rose Inverness

Does the dancing event sound amenable to anyone, though? If not I can alter my invitations to something more palatable or someone else can come up with something. I am pretty excited, however, to have you all over to my villa down the lane.....

~William Cullen Bryant

Stormcat

Rose Inverness

Huzzah!

Mmmm and this ball can feel free to last several real-time days if everyone is game for that. Though in the story it doesn't matter (to me) how much time passes. Just that we don't overlap the impending Mardi Gras Masquerade.

~William Cullen Bryant