News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

Flying Free- steampunk RP cliche no. 16,000,000- sign up and OOC

Started by Prof. Isambard Ravenwood, August 05, 2014, 09:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fairley B. Strange

Quote from: The Corsair on August 17, 2014, 10:53:25 PM
So we have a captain, a brute, an amnesiac and a male prostitute.

This is going to be a good RP

Well, to finish the pattern, we'll just need a doctor, an engineer, and a shepherd.
Choose a code to live by, die by it if you have to.

The Corsair

Quote from: Fairley B. Strange on August 18, 2014, 10:09:50 AM
Quote from: The Corsair on August 17, 2014, 10:53:25 PM
So we have a captain, a brute, an amnesiac and a male prostitute.

This is going to be a good RP

Well, to finish the pattern, we'll just need a doctor, an engineer, and a shepherd.

I'm half-hoping that someone will twist the original and bring aboard a literal shepherd.
Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/

The Corsair

Still here, just quieter

MWBailey

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

Prof. Isambard Ravenwood

I LIKE. just imagine that music, it's got that vibe that i want with this- piratey...
I don't know why I have to learn algebra... I have no intention whatsoever of ever going there...

Quote from: Space Captain Toby on July 10, 2008, 11:36:25 AM
"Uh-uh. I know what you're thinking. Did he discharge 6 chambers, or was it only 5? Well, I rather forgot myself, what with all this excitement and all. But seeing that this is a .45 Civiliser, the most powerful hand-cannon in the Empire, and will blow your goggles clean off, you ought to ask yourself a question. Do I feel lucky?

"Well, do you... steampunk?"

MWBailey

Not intending to force the game to start or anything, It just seemed likely the two would meet at some point, and that browncoats'd stick together. The engineer has no name, since I wasn't intending to bring any more than the one character (Silas) into the actual game. I've recently been accused of trying to hijack the plot and worldbuilding of a game, so I'm trying to stick with my bit alone to show good faith and willingness to do so. If the town or the island or the world in general are intended differently than I have written so far, please do make changes and tell me to back off, and I will do so.

Prof. Isambard Ravenwood

I don't know why I have to learn algebra... I have no intention whatsoever of ever going there...

"Uh-uh. I know what you're thinking. Did he discharge 6 chambers, or was it only 5? Well, I rather forgot myself, what with all this excitement and all. But seeing that this is a .45 Civiliser, the most powerful hand-cannon in the Empire, and will blow your goggles clean off, you ought to ask yourself a question. Do I feel lucky?

Prof. Isambard Ravenwood

good grief, my thread seems to be dead! bump* c'mon, we need a couple more crew members- please read the rogues gallery by mwbailey as that is where our adventure will lead from.

MWBailey

Maybe we ought to go ahead with what few we have and see what happens.

In any case, I'm going to add a few more character scenarios to the Rogues Gallery  in the next few days/weeks that have nothing or little to do with Flying Free, mainly from the Extended Steam Salon and Blazing Gun Saloon group novellas, and other characters that never quite took off, just to keep writing.

Prof. Isambard Ravenwood

MWBailey

taking care of parents; I'll be posting in the evening or latenight. sorry for the wait.

Prof. Isambard Ravenwood

The Corsair

Still here, just quieter

MWBailey

Not trying to take over, it just seemed a crane would be the best idea, and figured if the Maiden carried cargo, she'd have some kind of system in place for handling heavy loads. I can rewrite if necessary, of course..

Fairley B. Strange

I figured Arani should at least do something useful to prove his worth including on the trip - so hooking Corsair up with a sex-sling technique would have to suffice.

Pity about the burning ropeball being extinguished - I was going for a metaphorical moment about burning bridges behind them.
Choose a code to live by, die by it if you have to.

MWBailey

Quote from: Fairley B. Strange on September 18, 2014, 09:31:51 PM
Pity about the burning ropeball being extinguished - I was going for a metaphorical moment about burning bridges behind them.

Oops. s
Seems I'm still a bit too precipitous. Sorry about that.

The Corsair

Bit of a mad week, and a bit of a mad weekend ahead. Will try and post tonight. Sorry for the absence.
Still here, just quieter

Prof. Isambard Ravenwood

fine, too be honest, the empty air time is giving me time to think of plot lines, any help will be much appreciated....

I literally have no clue what's gonna happen next. at all.

Prof. Isambard Ravenwood

C'mon, BUMP* where'd every body go?!?! (go...go...go...go...)

MWBailey

Appetite suppressant and other meds, coupled with what the Dr. says is likely combinations of indigestion, food poisoning and (probably(?)) the flu, are giving me leaping, creeping fits. That coupled with Income tax prep, music dates, and other crud are keeping me pretty busy lately.

Prof. Isambard Ravenwood

Ah, sorry mate. Take as long as you need, obviously the forum comes second to your family and health.

Prof. Isambard Ravenwood

are we ever going to get this really fully going again? I don't really want to call it dead, but it looks like it's an ex RP......

The Corsair

Willing if you are. I've been slacking off with my novel lately, so this stuff helps keep me (a little) in-practice
Still here, just quieter

MWBailey

Been out of the loop lately; Sorry if my character's being inconsistent wioth his profile. I'll fix amy problems in a bit, I promise.

The Corsair

I ended up going away for the weekend (and a bit more than that). Hopefully I slipped that one in there in time ;)
Still here, just quieter