News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

The Scarlet Letter Lounge

Started by Stormcat, August 19, 2014, 08:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arabella Periscope

I like the pool here very much.  The hot whirlpool is in the South Transept.
Kenneth: 'If you're so hot, you can tell me how to say she has ideas above her station.'
Brian:'Oh yes, I forgot. It's fairly easy, old boy.
Elle a des idees au-dessus de sa gare.'
Kenneth: 'Idiot.  It's not that kind of station.'

Terence Rattigan 'French Without Tears.'

Prof. Cecily

Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen.
How delightful- a place where I needn't be polite to the vicar's wife.

Arabella Periscope, what a divine bathing pool. Please tell us where it is located!

Up til now, my idea of an atmospheric bath was

but I see I must broaden my horizons.

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily

post script
I saw this, which looks interesting

Still, I think miss Periscope's entry is quite clearly the best of the three.

Rory B Esq BSc

A friendly game of 'Kraken water polo' (nominal bets allowed) as they are such playful creatures if treated with kindness.

Maets

Arabella Periscope

Prof. Cecily -- Is that a picture of the Roman baths at Bath?

I love underground pools.  Very phantom-of-the-opera.  Perfect for krakens!

Maets;  I am surprised at Stephen Hawking.  His disease should have killed him many, many years ago; he is rather a scientific anomaly himself.  He is not able to explain his own survival in scientific terms.
Kenneth: 'If you're so hot, you can tell me how to say she has ideas above her station.'
Brian:'Oh yes, I forgot. It's fairly easy, old boy.
Elle a des idees au-dessus de sa gare.'
Kenneth: 'Idiot.  It's not that kind of station.'

Terence Rattigan 'French Without Tears.'

Rory B Esq BSc

I know its naughty but I do have a desire to re program Mr Hawkins speech synthesizer to say 'pieces of eight' whatever he puts into it, just something about the name Hawkins!

Prof. Cecily

^
He'd probably love that!

Arabella Periscope, yes, it's Bath. Where was your latest photo taken? Istambul?

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily

Maets

Stormcat

So apparently the war on christmas has started. Everyone got your weapons?

jonb

As an Absurdist, both artistically, politically, and philosophically, I have to at least say when they burn us I will be sizzling with you!
I made this video to some up my views on religion.

http://youtu.be/sYGViB9hReI

Maets

jonb

I'm glad you enjoyed it. its a bit too off the wall and long-winded for most people.

Rory B Esq BSc

'Christ died for your sins'...
So will your local church pay your parking tickets as they are his representatives on earth?

Rory B Esq BSc

My next major exhibition is in a former church, a couple of years ago I exhibited there and it's amazing to be able to put something like a realistic painting of a 'vesica Pisces' in an old church. 

Rigging a Tesla to the lightning conductor is probably a bit ambitious but I'm sure I can think of a few interesting things to do (Kraken in the font?) and a bottle of Absinthe for the private view is a start.

Maets

Quote from: jonb on November 14, 2014, 04:14:16 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed it. its a bit too off the wall and long-winded for most people.

Definitely off the wall, but fun and obvious a lot of effort.