News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

Persona names

Started by Vienna Fahrmann, October 18, 2007, 04:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitten Brigadier

My friends all call me Kitty, but my lovely beau calls me Kitten. Kamikaze Kitten was the name of my Alchemist on Ragnorok Online (I play a free server). I was messing with the name generator on Brass Goggles' homepage and saw the military title "Brigadier" and did some looking up on it. Mulled around on it for awhile, had my Alchemist's name changed to Kitten Brigadier, and decided it was worthy of the SP forums.

Main reason I lurked on here for so long (3 months), was lack of a good name.
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change. Kiss slowly, play hard, love deeply, forgive quickly, take chances, give everything, and have no regrets. Life is too short to be anything but HAPPY.

-{{xxoo}}<3

HoofFoot

My name comes from an old RPG-character of mine, but translated into english. Besides, I felt it was refreshing in the midst of all those "Starry WolfEyes" or "RavenWingedFoxy" kinds of names.

Pheobsky

Hmm I've used Pheobsky as a name for a while, so it made sense to to use it here.
when I thought it up I wanted something androgynous sounding that started with 'P' as my real name (Pádraig) also does. The rest of it came from toying around with name sounds until I found something I liked ^^

PS. I tend to use the Easten E.U. pronounciation of 'R-sky' as 'R-shk' (ie:Phee-ob-shk)
Them/they

Ben Hudson, Esq.

I'm boring. It's my real name. With 'Esq.' on the end for some period kitsch.
Quod me non necat me confirmat

QuoteCappuccino?! I'll give you a cappuccino!

Fellow of the Retrofuturist Society

Storminformin

I started using this name after my farther, a police officer, informed me of one of his colleagues a Sgt Gary Formin, a armed responce officer, who would be the first one into every 'operation', who had the nickname 'stormin' in tribute to stormin norman. He led the locally infamous chip shop raid, where he led the armed responce team in a suitably dramatic fashon to subdue a nut job holding the local chippy hostage. Anyhow the name had a ring and makes me smile so I adopted it as my internet name.
I say old bean! I must express my astonishment of you claim! Is this a fact, or a clever ruse?

Hello Paddy. I know your here somewhere :)

Difference Engineer

Quote from: AFGNCAAP on October 19, 2007, 02:16:04 AM
My username comes from my...other...fandom, the Zork series of games (mostly text), which can get very anachronistic, having things like time machines, instant diamond makers, and batteries in a fantasy setting. It is the name used for the player character in the last graphic game, Zork Grand Inquisitor, which is gaslamp fantasy if I've ever seen it, despite being only questionably canon. It's an abbreviation for Ageless, Faceless, Gender-Neutral Culturally Ambiguous Adventure Person, and in the anonymous realm of the internet, it's a fun username to snag if someone hasn't already claimed it.
<laughter!>
Another fan of interactive fiction - I doff my spectacles and raise a toast to you!

I was always quite fond of The Lurking Horror, personally.
"You look like you're about to jump in your gyrocopter or something."
--Anonymous coworker

Klynt Mahryd

Every forum has one, soooooo, why not?

My username is basically a variation of my real name. My real name is Clinton. I got Mahryd from moving letters around from my real last name and changing some vowels. I created it for an MMO a while back. It's basically my default fantasy-ish name.

So, how did you get your username?

Armored Rah

Mine is simply an anagram of my first and last names.

Stella Gaslight

In both the cosplay and ball jointed dolls worlds I was Stella Twilight but I thought I would steam it up a bit here.  I picked Sella from the Leiji Matsumoto\ Daft Punk collaborative movie years ago and I have some friends that use that instead of my real name.
I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight

TristanRenn

...it's my name.

*looks around*

Yes, very interesting, I know.

SteamKit

I was having trouble thinking of a good name, and I considered the properties of myself when I was joining. I was interested in steamy things, and I was rather new. Besides, Kit's a cool name, and I like how it doesn't quite fit with my favorite persona of mad doctor.

-Kit
Allen Personal Translocation Modules: Why travel when you can arrive?

I didn't become an unlicensed surgeon to be called "Mister."

chicar

When i was young, in a period of teennage crisis induced spiritual confusion, i invented a deity name Chicarée. It was the main god of my patheism home made religion. The use of ''chicarism'' faded when i got a more serious spiritual phylosophy, but chicar is still my default nickname.
The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''

Lithobius

"Lithobius" - a character from Crossroads at Rathbine (also, a genus of centipede, which seemed appropriate since my interests are wide and varied).  "Quick" - An fitting pseudonym for a messenger from the Starburner Galactic Courier Service (also, an easy name to remember).
"There is indisputable honesty in what we create with our own hands."

Kπ Brjæn ℑnscore

I think it's interesting enough to note the boring usernames. My Brass Goggles forum name is basically an attempt to make my real name (Kipling Brian Inscore)...fancier, and to bring in some vague scientific/mathematical references; with an atomic symbol-like abbreviation of my first name (using a Greek letter, π, uncharacteristic of atomic symbols but used as the ratio of circumference to diameter...which was originally represented with a Latin p), pseudo-Nordic spelling of my middle name (with æ like æther or dæmon) and the script I to start my last name (also used as "imaginary part" in mathematics...and the script R in my signature, "real part"). I'd thought of using ℑnscore (e being a phasor representation of a sinusoidal function, useful in electrical engineering and other math-based disciplines) but typeset names are a bit much (e.g. The LATEX typesetting language).
ℜegards,
~Kπ Brjæn ℑnscore

Tanuki

It's the name I've started going by, since adopting the stage name of "MC Tanuki" some years ago.
Untitled Steampunk rap album coming soon

The_Naysayer

I find disagreeing is often easy.

Micro

Poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another.

Zwack

I'm sure I've explained this elsewhere...

Back in the prehistoric period (1988) when I had to fill some space in a university newsletter I adopted the pseudonym Zwack DeMolay.  I have used that ever since.

The name is a play on Jacques DeMolay the last public head of the Order of the Knights Templar.  While Zwack was actually taken from the surname of a Bavarian lawyer in the 18th Century, Xavier Zwack.  Xavier Zwack was a member of the Illuminati and was foolish enough to keep a bunch of incriminating documents lying around.

Z.
"At least those oddballs are interesting" - My Wife.
I'm British but living in America.  This might explain my spelling.

jringling

Be warned, my reply is boring....

First initial, last name. I concidered using the german spelling for this site, but I coundn't remember it...

I have so many email addresses and log-in names throughout the www, I started using the same thing everywhere (same password too)
That way I can usually remember how to get into sites....

I have two oddball accounts with different screennames, one of which is "Case" followed by afew numbers, which I can never remember, so I don't log in there anymore...
The "Case" name is paid in respect to WG's clasic.... Neuromancer
The other is "Nexus8" in respect to the classic "Do Robots Dream of Electric Sheep"

Eric von Kohankie

It is my maternal grandmother's father's name.

Colorful fellow, cavalry officer, had to bolt from Prussia for political reasons.

Rowan of Rin

A title of a book I read as a child, where the protagonists name happened to be the same as mine, and I always wished to live his life :)

Quote from: Micro on August 31, 2008, 03:49:33 AM
I'm so short I'm "micro". :)
*High five!* Us shorties have to stick together ;D
I'm as mad as I am, but no madder!
Live in Victoria? Check out the Victoria Meet Up Thread!

CapnHarlock

A few years ago, when re-registering at a kinky website, I was at a loss for a name that would not be immediately-traceable by my somewaht-stalker-ish ex.  I looked up, and noticed that Matsumoto-san's brilliant "Queen Emeraldas" was playing on video.... "Cap'n" had a more 17th Century  (harrrrrrrr...) feel to it, and I'm much more like the Space Pirate's great-grandpa, so, the rest, as they say, is history. :)
Jeremiah Cornelius Harlock
At Your Service

"It's so hard to know if you're bound for a fall,
But better to have tripped than never danced at all."
"Dancing Under The Rose" - The Albion Band.

Gaduka

Common Russian garden snake. Serpent is my Chinese Zodiac (Earth, specifically. Garden, get it?).

Jerreth Van Del

The first is a pseudonym/nickname/alias I created for myself several years back. The last two are a rehash of my surname to give it a bit of a steampunk flavor.
"That's why I have to do it... Yesterday! To the Time Machine!"

lilibat

Back a loooong time ago I used to frequent a goth chat room on WBS. There were a lot of girls there with 'bat' in their name. One day we all ganged up on a troll and since all the other ladies were some form of 'bat' and I was going by 'lilitu' a few people in the room jokingly called me 'lilibat'... it stuck.