News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

New Zealand wood carvings

Started by selectedgrub, November 25, 2014, 05:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selectedgrub

:'( Waste of time

SeVeNeVeS

Ye gads man, is there no end to your creative talents? That is one mighty fine carving. I am so slightly envious of your abilities to craft at such high standards in any material, metal or wood.

Outstanding.

SeVeNeVeS

Quote from: Drew P on June 23, 2016, 10:56:47 PM
Very nice.

And I find them similar.
Once you have an understanding of how each substance reacts to various techniques they're basically the same.
There are soft woods and hard woods, so there is, also, soft metals and hard metals. Both can be carved, bent, cut, drilled, both can have like items added to them(meaning:glueing wood to wood, welding/brazing metal to metal), both can be treated to be harder or softer, both can, also, be staind and painted, etc.
Albeit, some of the working tools may be different, mostly in the types of implements that are actually used (blades, cutters, etc.), but still very similar.
Quote from: selectedgrub on June 24, 2016, 11:42:06 PM
You'll have to show some of your work sometime.
Are some work piccies available Drew?, would love to see what you build, you seem a craftsman but from what I can tell rarely shares personal creations, if none available, no probs, just interested.

Drew P

Yes, sorry SeVeNeVeS ,  I've been too caught up in lifes happenings and, unfortunately, frequent here less than I would like so I missed your post.
I dug this up:   http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,43587.0.html

Somewhere on here is also a Iphone case and a Memory board that I have also created. Just having troubles finding them....
Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'

SeVeNeVeS

Quote from: Drew P on July 14, 2016, 10:43:25 AM
Yes, sorry SeVeNeVeS ,  I've been too caught up in lifes happenings and, unfortunately, frequent here less than I would like so I missed your post.
I dug this up:   http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,43587.0.html

Somewhere on here is also a Iphone case and a Memory board that I have also created. Just having troubles finding them....
How can I forget that? ::) Dopey me. Fine bit of work Drew! ( link don't hyper....... http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,43587.0.html)

Getting slightly off topic and rambling here, so back to normal channels Ladies and Gents, carry on.

Drew P

Thank you! and for fixing the link ;)

Yes, please, did not mean to derail this thread! Sorry! :-\
Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'

SeVeNeVeS

Quote from: Drew P on July 16, 2016, 12:27:45 PM
Thank you! and for fixing the link ;)

Yes, please, did not mean to derail this thread! Sorry! :-\

You really should post piccies of your creations more often IMO.

Drew P

This is one busy thread for not having anything added in months!
Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'