News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

Autonomous Adventurers Association

Started by Rory B Esq BSc, December 09, 2014, 06:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rory B Esq BSc

My first trip 'out of the city' this year was interesting, while heading to my secret mine I saw someone hitting the rocks at the base of the cliffs so went over and asked 'found anything interesting'? Turned out he'd just got a rock tumbler and was looking for things to put in it but didn't really know what he was doing....I led him down to where it was 'large gravel' size and started pointing out Jasper, Carnelian and Agates so he knew what to look for and where. Within an hour he'd got enough to load up his tumbler.

My reward for helping him was spotting an 'eye Agate', which I showed him and told him how good a find it was (he didn't object to me keeping it) It's the best Agate I've found in over 40 years of picking up rocks...when I got it home and put it on top of a torch it showed itself to be bright orange with about 7 white circles so will polish into a lovely stone.

Then at my 'secret mine' there wasn't much of the interesting stuff exposed, I brought back a couple of spoonfuls of 'heavy minerals' to check at home...and hiding in that was a 1mm x 2mm flake of crystalline gold.

So it looks like there are still plenty of surprises for me to find without struggling through a jungle or desert. All you need to have an adventure is the right attitude (a good map of your area helps point you in promising directions).

jonb

Once again Captain Westdrop's expedition was hindered from its very inception by his over reliance on the BBC's long term weather forecast.