News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

The Guild of Procrastinators

Started by Alexis Voltaire, December 27, 2014, 11:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caledonian

Test week is next week. papers must be handed in on monday...

so, what posts did I not yet reply to?

even when I'm working on my research I get distracted by the very same books as the ones I need...only it's almost never the same chapter.
Passion is like a Peatfire

Cubinoid

If anyone wants a "Guild of Procrastinators" official badge, I am planning to make one.

Just one. We could share it?

I'd planned to have more made, but I think I need to lower my sights. I'll start next week, all being well.
We are proud to present the Surrey Steampunk Convivial, for your pleasure:

Banfili

Better start getting ready for my trip. Still have a week, though.

J. Wilhelm

Did we ever get around to buying those club membership pullovers and cardigans? If not, I was going to suggest these (sorry for the tardiness, I got distracted):

http://us.wearall.com/danette-slogan-cropped-hoodie

Caledonian

Quote from: J. Wilhelm on November 17, 2015, 12:06:12 PM
Did we ever get around to buying those club membership pullovers and cardigans? If not, I was going to suggest these (sorry for the tardiness, I got distracted):

YES

Alexis Voltaire

Quote from: Caledonian on November 17, 2015, 12:18:43 PM

YES

Well, I was just about to fill out the order form when a <insert catastrophe here> called my attention away and I had to spend <insert plausible time> dealing with it. Completely forgot about the order form, of course.

(On the other hand, I was able to make a start on my List of Convincing Excuses, for those sad souls who don't appreciate the fine art of procrastination. I've nearly got the formatting down! Convincing, eh?)
~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~

MWBailey

Quote from: Alexis Voltaire on November 17, 2015, 01:15:13 PM
Quote from: Caledonian on November 17, 2015, 12:18:43 PM

YES

Well, I was just about to fill out the order form when a <insert catastrophe here> called my attention away and I had to spend <insert plausible time> dealing with it. Completely forgot about the order form, of course.

(On the other hand, I was able to make a start on my List of Convincing Excuses, for those sad souls who don't appreciate the fine art of procrastination. I've nearly got the formatting down! Convincing, eh?)

Ha! I almost did that a year ago! But then I saw this cute little...
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

Cubinoid

The club pullovers and cardigans arrived last year, I just forgot to mention it to anyone. They're in that box over th...oh. They were. I think I moved them. They might be downstairs.

I'll have a look in a bit.

Fairley B. Strange

Alrighty then. I'm here all ready to sign up, I've even partially filled out my 2015 Annual membership subscription, and if somebody will lend me a pen for a moment, I'm all set to sign it, and....

... oh, bugger. I suppose I should go back and type out a 2016 Form then....?

Right. I'll be back in a jiffy...
Choose a code to live by, die by it if you have to.

Alexis Voltaire

Quote from: Fairley B. Strange on December 31, 2015, 02:55:19 PM
Alrighty then. I'm here all ready to sign up, I've even partially filled out my 2015 Annual membership subscription, and if somebody will lend me a pen for a moment, I'm all set to sign it, and....

... oh, bugger. I suppose I should go back and type out a 2016 Form then....?

Right. I'll be back in a jiffy...

No need to hurry :)

Cora Courcelle

I suppose I should start looking for my Christmas card list.
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

Caledonian

By the way, i wish you all the best for 2015

Ranger Reid

Alexis Voltaire

To avoid guild demerits, it is suggested that master procrastinators utilize outside help to accomplish necessary tasks.

Caledonian

Quote from: Alexis Voltaire on January 21, 2016, 12:05:37 PM
To avoid guild demerits, it is suggested that master procrastinators utilize outside help to accomplish necessary tasks.

this would work

Cubinoid

Here is a generator of random excuses for all Guildmembers. For when you are too 'tied up' to think of an excuse. Or you just don't have time to make one up.

CUBINOID'S RANDOM STEAMPUNK EXCUSE GENERATOR.

Instructions: Generate a thee digit number. (If you are too busy to dream one up, click here to generate one automagically: http://numbergenerator.org/random-3-digit-number-generator)

The first number gives you the first part of the excuse, the middle number, the middle part of the excuse and the...(REMINDER TO SELF - FINISH WRITING THIS BIT LATER).

FIRST NUMBER =
1= I'm terribly sorry, but
2= I would have finished that, however
3= I'd have liked to get that done, but
4= The thing is
5= I'm not being awkward in any way, but
6= Ah yes, that was on my to do list, yet
7= Glad you mentioned it - Tricky one, this - what happened was
8= Funny thing: just as I was about to do that,
9= I was about to complete it when

SECOND NUMBER =
1=a passing Kraken ate my all my work, so
2=my boiler exploded, and
3=a dirigible crashed on top of me (again - typical!), so you see,
4=due to an intimate disaster involving a glue gun and some small brass cogs,
5=an unexpected Martian cylinder crashed through my window, and
6=Morlocks attacked, dragged me underground and held me captive - I've only just managed to escape, and
7=my bustle spontaneously caught fire, so
8=my Penny-Farthing got a puncture: so
9=my airship got entangled with one of those new fangled Electric pylons, so

THIRD NUMBER =
1=I'd like to respectfully request a new deadline.
2=a need to reschedule this has therefore arisen.
3=if we'd like to maintain the quality, we might need to shift the deadline a bit.
4=I think it may be best to push things back a little.
5=can we discuss how to move this forward over a cup of tea?
6=in order to meet the deadline, I'd like to suggest the idea of actually altering it.
7=much as I realise the proposed schedule might have been nice to stick to, I think it is now time we wake up to reality.
8=we might need more time on this.
9=it ain't gonna be done when you need it. Sorry.

Fairley B. Strange

Wow!

That looks to be a very useful thing, and it's completed, and you've delivered it just in time to be of use to us all...

Oh.....

Get out.

The door's over there... Although,  of course, don't rush towards it in an unseemly manner, we will need a bit of time to tear up your membership card first... well, once we get around to making membership cards, I suppose....
Choose a code to live by, die by it if you have to.

Prof. Cecily

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.
Gosh. This looks quite interesting.
I'll have a written opinion on it posted up next week.

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily

Alexis Voltaire

Quote from: Fairley B. Strange on January 31, 2016, 03:06:11 AM
Wow!

That looks to be a very useful thing, and it's completed, and you've delivered it just in time to be of use to us all...

Oh.....

Get out.

The door's over there... Although,  of course, don't rush towards it in an unseemly manner, we will need a bit of time to tear up your membership card first... well, once we get around to making membership cards, I suppose....

Now, now, we can't remove a member without a proper inquiry first. And it could take weeks to sort out that paperwork. Perhaps even longer...

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: Alexis Voltaire on January 31, 2016, 10:15:54 AM
Wow!

Oh.....

Get out.

Now, now, we can't remove a member without a proper inquiry first. And it could take weeks to sort out that paperwork. Perhaps even longer...
No rush. Besides, we all need to prepare for said inquiry.

Maets

Is it too late to join? I'll check back in a few weeks.

Cora Courcelle

Quote from: Cubinoid on January 31, 2016, 12:39:19 AM

I really ought to make a copy of this.
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

Cubinoid

Wow!

Oh.....

Get out.

Oh, I haven't actually joined, not officially. I did pick up an application form last year though. I'll make my way out immediately. Oh, there is a bar over there? I might have time for a swift half before I fetch my coat...

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: Cubinoid on March 25, 2016, 05:37:26 AM
Wow!

Oh.....

Get out.

Oh, I haven't actually joined, not officially. I did pick up an application form last year though. I'll make my way out immediately. Oh, there is a bar over there? I might have time for a swift half before I fetch my coat...

Is this necessary? He's leaving when we just about to start the New Year's party!

Cora Courcelle

Quote from: Cora Courcelle on February 03, 2016, 09:23:58 PM
Quote from: Cubinoid on January 31, 2016, 12:39:19 AM

I really ought to make a copy of this.

Has anybody seen my pen?