News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

The Guild of Procrastinators

Started by Alexis Voltaire, December 27, 2014, 11:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cubinoid

Quote from: J. Wilhelm on March 25, 2016, 05:52:58 AM
Quote from: Cubinoid on March 25, 2016, 05:37:26 AM
Quote from: Fairley B. Strange on January 31, 2016, 03:06:11 AM
Wow!

That looks to be a very useful thing, and it's completed, and you've delivered it just in time to be of use to us all...

Oh.....

Get out.

The door's over there... Although,  of course, don't rush towards it in an unseemly manner, we will need a bit of time to tear up your membership card first... well, once we get around to making membership cards, I suppose....

Oh, I haven't actually joined, not officially. I did pick up an application form last year though. I'll make my way out immediately. Oh, there is a bar over there? I might have time for a swift half before I fetch my coat...

Is this necessary? He's leaving when we just about to start the New Year's party!

Ah great! Well, I'll stick around for the party - I've just noticed a copy of War and Peace on the bar, and started leafing through it though. Perhaps I'll have time to finish it before the party starts?
We are proud to present the Surrey Steampunk Convivial, for your pleasure:

Fairley B. Strange

Well, okay, you can leave after the party... now, we'll need to start organising this shindig. First off, we'll need to organise a Committee. Any volunteers..?
Choose a code to live by, die by it if you have to.

Caledonian

Quote from: rovingjack on December 28, 2014, 01:00:14 AM
I'll procrastinate later.

that's okay
...sorry for the delay on this response
Passion is like a Peatfire

DreamHazard

I meant to join this thread when it opened.

frances

I keep meaning to check in here and see what is going on.  But you know how it is ... .

J. Wilhelm

Oh yes! I forgot to mention, ladies and gentlemen...  I have received an aethergram from Mr. Dream Hazard!  He expressed his intention to join the club! Surely he'll make an appearance soon (as I received that aethergram months ago).

Caledonian

SeVeNeVeS

Caledonian

Quote from: SeVeNeVeS on March 28, 2016, 02:44:06 PM
Quote from: Caledonian on March 28, 2016, 02:26:26 PM
http://www.ted.com/talks/tim_urban_inside_the_mind_of_a_master_procrastinator#t-240280

I should be writing an essay...it's due tomorrow
Or next week or next month or.............

no really, it was due 2 months ago and I got some extra time but it REALLY needs to be handed in tomorrow...i have one page of 3 now...

Cora Courcelle

Quote from: Caledonian on March 28, 2016, 03:18:35 PM
http://www.ted.com/talks/tim_urban_inside_the_mind_of_a_master_procrastinator#t-240280

no really, it was due 2 months ago and I got some extra time but it REALLY needs to be handed in tomorrow...i have one page of 3 now...

Steady on now; don't get carried away, you have done a third of it after all.
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

Caledonian

Quote from: Cora Courcelle on March 28, 2016, 09:08:11 PM
Quote from: Caledonian on March 28, 2016, 03:18:35 PM

Steady on now; don't get carried away, you have done a third of it after all.
+ Additional Options...

that's true, and I know a LOT about victorian mourning habits now

Sammiannnz

Am I late? I only saw this post recently and kept meaning to pop in but was distracted by other such things like the state of my knitting, and whether one needed another cup of tea. How are we all coming along?
I did mean to bring my membership form and all, but I think I used it for knitting calculations and re-writes, and then to mop up the spilled tea. You know how it goes.
---------------------------------------------------------
S.N (Sky Navigator) Arianna Malltham at your service. I hail from the vessel O.S.S. (Open Sky Ship) Haven, especially fitted for long distance travel.
We on the O.S.S Haven would like to welcome you, and/or your cargo on board for the journey.

---===###===---

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
~Neil Degrasse Tyson

Cubinoid

Mmm, the bar serves a decently kept pint of ale - the kind of ale that makes you want to get up and - oh...there's that book I was going to read.

poisonpearl

What was that you said back then?

Anyone putting the kettle on?
It is by no means an irrational fancy that, in a future existence, we shall look upon what we think our present existence, as a dream.

Wormster

Alrighty then: pen, yes, ink, yes, bloch paper, yes...............now where did I file the application form?

I'll have to get back to you all on this one.
Tread softly and carry a GBFO stick!

frances

Here is an application form.  Do have it.  No, hang on, that is not the correct form.  Oh, I am sure I had one just five minutes ago.  Where did it go ....

Wormster

Well when you eventually find one would you be so kind as post it to me 3rd class, many thanks.
Tread softly and carry a GBFO stick!

Sammiannnz

Has anybody seen my manuscripts I was supposed to be reviewing? I swear I had them in my bag when I entered. I have my pen here, but not the papers. My focus must have gone off duty when I was considering the contents of my satchel. Ah well, another cup of tea anybody? I found a brand new packet of plain biscuits on my bag, so the day is not entirely written off I suppose.

Opens the packet of biscuits and sits them in front of herself on the low table, inviting people to partake of the tea and biscuits on the table.
---------------------------------------------------------
S.N (Sky Navigator) Arianna Malltham at your service. I hail from the vessel O.S.S. (Open Sky Ship) Haven, especially fitted for long distance travel.
We on the O.S.S Haven would like to welcome you, and/or your cargo on board for the journey.

---===###===---

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
~Neil Degrasse Tyson

Cora Courcelle

Quote from: Cora Courcelle on March 25, 2016, 05:47:44 PM
Quote from: Cora Courcelle on February 03, 2016, 09:23:58 PM
Quote from: Cubinoid on January 31, 2016, 12:39:19 AM

CUBINOID'S RANDOM STEAMPUNK EXCUSE GENERATOR.

I really ought to make a copy of this.

... and a piece of paper.  I'll need to find that too ...

Has anybody seen my pen?
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

Cubinoid

Quote from: Fairley B. Strange on March 26, 2016, 08:52:23 AM
Well, okay, you can leave after the party... now, we'll need to start organising this shindig. First off, we'll need to organise a Committee. Any volunteers..?

You are after volunteers for the committee? I'd be happy to help out if I'm free.

I'm not generally free, though. But if nothing else comes up, I could spare an hour or so every...uh...every other week, or so. If there's nothing better on. I might actually not be able to make every meeting. And I might be a bit late. Sometimes I am late. Late for things. Especially meetings. And if there's anything to be written down, or organised, I'm not so good at that. Well, I am, actually - but it does take me a while to get around to it.

J. Wilhelm

I just wanted to remind my fellow Procrastinator Club members that today is No Rush Day, 2015.

Oh. It's 2016.... Well, no matter!

http://kxan.com/2016/04/28/another-work-from-home-day-to-be-announced-by-mayor/

Perhaps we should introduce International Procrastinator's Day!

frances

Anyway, as I was saying ..... oh, I wasn't, was I? or had I already started?  Oh dang me, It was so long ago that I now cannot remember where I was.  I had better shut up then, hadn't I.

Cora Courcelle

I now have my pen ..... erm, what did I need it for?

Argus McJohnsten

This seems like a perfect fit for me. I'll leave myself a message later to remember to ask if I can join.
Find out what you cannot do, and then, go out and do it.

J. Wilhelm

HAPPY EASTER!! Well enjoy as much as you can, this is the coldest Spring I remember, and it seems to be getting colder!  What? It's December already? Hmm. I guess I didn't notice. I was distracted. But no matter. It's still 2016  ;D