News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

Asylum Steampunk Festival VII - Lincoln 28th - 31st August 2015

Started by Rockula, March 18, 2015, 08:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockula

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...

Rockula

...and the 250 'early birds' tickets sold out in under an hour.

Ankaret Wells

We managed to grab tickets for the Ball, Lady Elsie's Fashion Gala and the War of the Worlds Dinner just in time! I can't wait for August!

CloudWolf

hoping to get evening tickets, depends if my companion can afford
Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.

CloudWolf

wish i could but complications mean i may not be attending at all
Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.

Mercia Thomas

Does anyone know if anything has been finalised for the food at the War of the Worlds Dinner yet?  I received an email a while back saying we would be contacted about food choices but I don't seem to have had anything else.  Is it still a work in progress?

Rockula

Quote from: Mercia Thomas on July 12, 2015, 08:56:15 PM
Does anyone know if anything has been finalised for the food at the War of the Worlds Dinner yet?  I received an email a while back saying we would be contacted about food choices but I don't seem to have had anything else.  Is it still a work in progress?

Have you contacted them through the new website?
Are you on FB?

Mercia Thomas

No, not on Facebook I'm afraid.  I'll try the website. Thanks.

Rockula

Quote from: Mercia Thomas on July 13, 2015, 06:27:46 AM
No, not on Facebook I'm afraid.  I'll try the website. Thanks.

I've messaged Count Rostov who runs the website...but he's probably hungover from the weekend.  ;)

Paul59

Got wristbands for the family. Is no one camping! Where are people staying, I love my tent?

Rockula

Quote from: Paul59 on July 13, 2015, 06:08:35 PM
Got wristbands for the family. Is no one camping! Where are people staying, I love my tent?

There are lots of people camping. There's at least two sites I know of.

As to everyone else...well we're filling up just about every hotel and B&B within a mile of the castle.  ;)

henrietta Devereux

Quote from: Paul59 on July 13, 2015, 06:08:35 PM

I kept asking about camping back in Jan/Feb time but got no leads. With our menage we decided not to risk an unknown site and booked in the Boston area onto a site we know works for us. Bit of a commute which is a shame especially as we and the rooftop panthers and tiger love to rally.

I am sure there are lots of independently minded campers amongst the SP community that prefer their own private boudoirs and catering facilities so maybe next year there will be enough campers for a full blown rally on the sites Rockula refers to. In the meantime there might be space on the main field on the site we go to. Let us know if you cannot find somewhere closer but be warned sadly there is no hostelry in walking distance and it is too late to put together a properly matured barrel of red. Current stocks are uniformly at half full and will not be worth transporting after another 6 weeks of steady sampling.

Emx

Hallo!

I shall be attending for the first time this year and I can't wait! I do have a minor predicament however...

I booked all the tickets back when they were first released at which point I had a steady beau of four years to accompany me. My situation has now changed and I find myself without a chaperone for the weekend.

I'm considering three options. The first is to visit alone, which I shall do if necessary. The second option is to offer my spare tickets to a new companion free of charge in return for the company and corset assistance. Thirdly, I can sell my spare tickets (for one person) for half the original price.

I have arranged accommodation for two people, two all weekend passes, two tickets to the War of the Worlds dinner and two tickets to the Burlesque show.

I realise I'm not very well known on these forums (I haven't been able to get into forums since I was a teen) but, for what it's worth, this is a genuine offer. Please message me if you're interested and we can sort things out. I'm not quite sure what I can say on here to prove myself, but please do let me know. I'd hate for the spare ticket to go to waste.

Emx

Rockula

Quote from: Emx on August 21, 2015, 10:56:57 PM
Hallo!

I shall be attending for the first time this year and I can't wait! I do have a minor predicament however...

I booked all the tickets back when they were first released at which point I had a steady beau of four years to accompany me. My situation has now changed and I find myself without a chaperone for the weekend.

I'm considering three options. The first is to visit alone, which I shall do if necessary. The second option is to offer my spare tickets to a new companion free of charge in return for the company and corset assistance. Thirdly, I can sell my spare tickets (for one person) for half the original price.

I have arranged accommodation for two people, two all weekend passes, two tickets to the War of the Worlds dinner and two tickets to the Burlesque show.

I realise I'm not very well known on these forums (I haven't been able to get into forums since I was a teen) but, for what it's worth, this is a genuine offer. Please message me if you're interested and we can sort things out. I'm not quite sure what I can say on here to prove myself, but please do let me know. I'd hate for the spare ticket to go to waste.

Emx

Dear Emx,
most of the people transferring tickets do it through the 'Welcome To The Asylum' Facebook page.
There are always a number of last minute attendees looking for tickets, especially if you have bought tickets for any of the 'sold out' events listed in my previous post.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/67882923495

They are transferable at face value only and you'll have to notify the organisers of the details of whoever you transfer them to.
I'm assuming, of course, that you bought the other tickets in the name of your 'ex' (sorry about that) and any change of name for tickets must be advised.

Rockula

FINAL update on status of remaining tickets with just 5 days to go... (or 3 or 4 for some).
Updated MONDAY 24TH AUGUST
If you're going have a great time and I'll see you there.

Weekend Wristband - 185 Tickets * See below   
Under 17 Weekend Wristband - 89 Tickets
Single Day Wristband (Adult - SATURDAY) - 29 Tickets
Single Day Wristband (Adult - SUNDAY) - SOLD OUT * See below
Single Day Wristband (Adult - MONDAY) - 118 Tickets
Single Day Wristband (Under 17) - 79 Tickets (You must specify day when ordering)
'Mad Hatter's Tea Party' (FRIDAY) - 1 Ticket left
'Mad Hatter's Tea Party' (SATURDAY) - 1 Ticket left
'The Goblin Ball' (SUNDAY) - 7 Tickets left

FULL DETAILS INCLUDING A TIMETABLE OF BOTH DAYTIME AND EVENING EVENTS AT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE
http://www.asylumsteampunk.co.uk/

PLEASE NOTE; THE FOLLOWING EVENTS ARE ALL SOLD OUT.

'Oh Dear What Would the Major Say?'
'Clockwork Underground'
'Lady Elsie's Fashion Gala'
'War Of The Worlds Dinner'
'Opening Party'
'The Seventh Annual Empire Ball'
'A Night With The Spirits'
'The Dead Dog Party'

* WITH REFERENCE TO 'DAY TICKETS' FOR THE SUNDAY ONLY.
John Naylor (Tinker) posted the following.

''We are going to be able to issue some more wrist bands although Sunday is full as regards day bands. We have some 'Weekend Wristband' left and if they do not sell we may be able to release a few 'Single Day Wristband (Adult - SUNDAY)' bands at the Asylum to take up the slack. The ONLINE wristbands released will be for Saturday or Monday ONLY therefore.''

So there MAY be some 'Single Day Wristband (Adult - SUNDAY)' wristbands available ON the day but they will NOT be purchasable online OR in advance; only on the Sunday AT the event.

MilesAtkinson

Just back from the Asylum - my first ever steampunk event.  Enjoyed myself thoroughly and looking forward to more.
"Without self knowledge, without understanding the working and functions of his machine, man cannot be free, he cannot govern himself and he will always remain a slave." – G.I. Gurdjieff

Hektor Plasm

My first time at the Asylum too,  was able to do the Saturday and I enjoyed it very much! I'm planning a full session next year!

However... the day was overshadowed by my own  faulty brain... I left half of my purchases under a seat in the Red Bus Bar seating area, and only missed it when half-way home.  :-\

I've dropped the Asylum a line asking them to let me know if it turns up in lost and found, but no word as yet- it's still in full swing, so no surprises there.

If anyone has discovered a white carrier bag in the area near the Veggies and ice-cream vans, containing a black shirt with metallic fittings, a Cthulhu whisky glass and a brown leather cap, could you drop me a PM?

Thanks in hope....

HP
"all die! o, the embarrassment."
H Plasm Esq. ICUE    Avatar by and with kind permission of Dr Geof. Ta!!

Some musings:-
http://hektorplasm.blogspot.co.uk/

GCCC

When the items are returned to you, would you please post here again? I hate when I do that, and would just like to know that it worked out alright for you.

Hektor Plasm

Quote from: GCCC on August 30, 2015, 09:39:39 PM
When the items are returned to you, would you please post here again? I hate when I do that, and would just like to know that it worked out alright for you.

I certainly will! I have every faith that anyone who finds them will do the right thing, and I will be happy to sing their praises from the rooftops.  :)

HP

Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock

Quote from: Hektor Plasm on August 31, 2015, 10:22:23 AM

I certainly will! I have every faith that anyone who finds them will do the right thing, and I will be happy to sing their praises from the rooftops.  :)

HP

I'm popping along presently (in the rain! :( ) but will ask at control for you :)
"In a world whose only quarrel with instant gratification is that it takes too long, we are practitioners of a dying art: patience."

Hektor Plasm

Quote from: Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock on August 31, 2015, 10:55:02 AM

HP

I'm popping along presently (in the rain! :( ) but will ask at control for you :)

Thanks very much, you are indeed a Gentleman to brave this typical Bank Holiday weather!

HP

Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock

Quote from: Hektor Plasm on August 31, 2015, 01:14:11 PM
Quote from: Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock on August 31, 2015, 10:55:02 AM

HP

Thanks very much, you are indeed a Gentleman to brave this typical Bank Holiday weather!

HP

Weather braved .....
good time had ......
control asked .......
bag unfound :(
"In a world whose only quarrel with instant gratification is that it takes too long, we are practitioners of a dying art: patience."

Hektor Plasm

Thanks for braving the elements on my account.

I should really take more care  :-[.

Perhaps it will turn up - I shall miss the hat, the rest was new and I didn't have chance to get acquainted with them...

You have my thanks Sir  :)

Yours,

HP

Rockula

I'm back.

Physically at least.

Best yet.

Hotel booked for next year...with options on the following 4 years.  ;)

Evangeline

Quote from: Hektor Plasm on August 30, 2015, 08:26:37 PM
My first time at the Asylum too,  was able to do the Saturday and I enjoyed it very much! I'm planning a full session next year!

However... the day was overshadowed by my own  faulty brain... I left half of my purchases under a seat in the Red Bus Bar seating area, and only missed it when half-way home.  :-\

I've dropped the Asylum a line asking them to let me know if it turns up in lost and found, but no word as yet- it's still in full swing, so no surprises there.

If anyone has discovered a white carrier bag in the area near the Veggies and ice-cream vans, containing a black shirt with metallic fittings, a Cthulhu whisky glass and a brown leather cap, could you drop me a PM?

Thanks in hope....

HP

Hektor, Your bag was indeed handed in and I have sent you a PM.