News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

[Hannibal MO] 8th Big River SteamPunk Festival 9/1-4/20223

Started by Captain, June 19, 2015, 02:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GCCC

Captain

Quote from: GCCC on September 14, 2015, 05:30:33 PM
Quote from: Captain on September 14, 2015, 02:10:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=129&v=7miwQerasQE

Any idea what the device on the gentleman's arm is at 1:28 in?

It appears to have started life as a manual typewriter.  Possibly connected to a texting device? 
-Karl

Captain

"Please "SHARE"! Calling all Vendors, Entertainers, Speakers and Educators -- we want YOU to join us at the 2016 Big River Steampunk Festival! The website has now been updated with online applications, please visit www.BigRiverSteampunkFestival.com for all the details! Hurry, spaces are filling up fast..." 
-Karl

morozow

Quote from: Captain on February 06, 2016, 05:00:34 AM
"Please "SHARE"! Calling all Vendors, Entertainers, Speakers and Educators -- we want YOU to join us at the 2016 Big River Steampunk Festival! The website has now been updated with online applications, please visit www.BigRiverSteampunkFestival.com for all the details! Hurry, spaces are filling up fast..." 

Now about the upcoming festival will be felt in Russia.  :)

http://zovem.ru/event/big-river-steampunk-festival-2016-62731
Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

Captain

Quote from: morozow on February 06, 2016, 10:04:39 AM

Now about the upcoming festival will be felt in Russia.  :)

Здравствуйте

Thank you for posting these Steampunk events on this  Russian site. 
-Karl

morozow

Quote from: Captain on February 07, 2016, 12:55:59 AM
Quote from: morozow on February 06, 2016, 10:04:39 AM

Now about the upcoming festival will be felt in Russia.  :)

Здравствуйте

Thank you for posting these Steampunk events on this  Russian site.  

No need to thank me. I'm interested in this theme. And I find it amusing that on my website the announcements of their America. :)
Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

burlesquebettie

I'm so excited to be attending this year (after missing last years!). Is anyone else going? Interested in meeting up?

river rat

Perhaps I'll get better pictures and video this year. Plan on going back. Had a blast. If you do plan on going to Hannibal make your hotel plans early. There are only a hand full of them and they fill up fast. Don't wait till you get there.
I'm not all bad. I rob graves. I don't add to their numbers.

Captain

-Karl

James Golba

I look forward to this event as it being my first. Would like to know if there are events or groups that are close to the Waynesville/Rolla area?

river rat

James, When for part of it last year. Plan on staying for the entire event this year. Lots of great people and plenty to do and see. Word to the wise, pick and book your hotel early. Don't plan on finding a room the day you go.

Captain

-Karl

Captain

-Karl

river rat

I've had a hotel booked for a few months now! Bought tickets to a few events. Looks like I'll be running from one event to the other. They've really expanded their events this year. Should be a blast! What's really cool is there's a set place for cosplay creations. ( better than saying 'crafts' ) I've got lots of large cardboard tubes All are 3 1/8 inch wide. Some two foot, most are three foot and two at four foot. Heavy cardboard. Could be cut up to make steam canisters. Or someone could make personal cannons for shooting down those pesky air ships.  :) Gives me a place to dump them all off at.

Captain

Hopefully you all will post lots of photos and videos from this year's BRSPF. 
-Karl

Captain

-Karl

river rat

At walmarts last night getting some last minute things and ran across someone from my small town going to this years event. Looking forward to being there in a few hours myself. Hope to see some of you there!

Captain

River Rat - hopefully you will have some pictures to share. 
-Karl

river rat

Just got back last night. Met a LOT of really great people! Had a BLAST! Yes I took a good amount of video and pictures. After viewing over 300 of them I still think there wasn't enough to show just how big, well done and crowded this years BigRiverSteampunkFest was. Shops were full. Restaurants were full. Bars were full. The Great Midway and Center Street merchant areas were always bustling. And even the street was crowded. This years event was bigger and better. There was always things going on. Sometimes three or four at the same time. Made it hard to get to all of them. Well that and the trains. Yep, TheBigRiverSteampunk Fest has not one but two sets of train tracks running threw it. And these trains run extremely slow. So if your caught on the wrong side of the tracks your going to be there for a wile. But you can't get any more steampunk than being frustrated with trains. ( they are not airships  ;D ) Or the awesome backdrop of down town Hannibal Missouri.

Highlights for me.

Great people! Everyone I talked to. Either part of the festival or just towns folks visiting. Everyone was having a great time. Enjoying the events. And the wonderful absurdity that is steampunk. I did some shopping in town outside the fest. Always wearing my coat and hat. Everywhere I went I met people who had gone and enjoyed the fest.

The MUSIC! This is the number one attraction for me. I totally dig steampunk music. If eastern Europe came up with California surf and played it with 1920's flair using all the energy of 1970's rock. That's my interpretation of the sound that permeates this genre. Saw some great bands. Added to my CD collection. Costumes are ok. Most people walking around in modified period clothing. That's ok. But it is the music that gets me going. All of it. Big band, folk, blues, swing and rock. It's all good.

The panels and shows. There were lots to choose from. I enjoyed all that I went to see. Both paid and free. Didn't matter. They were all equally as good. People put a lot of energy and talent into what they did.

Looking forward to next years BigRiverSteampunk Fest.

Captain

-Karl

Captain

-Karl

Dhraevin

im down south in Cape Area. I so want to take my family to this

Captain

-Karl

Captain

-Karl