News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

Fancy word game

Started by Caledonian, June 29, 2015, 02:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurricane Annie

Quote from: RT Livingstone on December 24, 2019, 01:53:59 PM
It should become difficult to create an excuse for ungentlemanly behavior.  (Behaviour in the British Isles, I believe...)

Tonight is the Christmas Eve feast.

It is Eve  of our Saviour' s nativity today and we will eat drink and be merry this night fall..

Never let a chance go by

Cora Courcelle

To neglect to avail oneself of any opportunity to use random factors to ones advantage would be a grievous mistake.

Coughs and sneezes spread diseases.
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

Deimos

Quote from: Cora Courcelle on March 19, 2021, 07:57:10 PM
Coughs and sneezes spread diseases.

To make light of a world-wide affliction (reaching even perhaps to the very knife edged sea cliffs of Antarctica)  by versifying, as it were, the means by which this pestilential scourge is disseminated, is not, as some would admonish, callous and, possibly, bordering on irresponsible, but rather serves to illustrate the disdain, nay, even the contempt with which we hold this most impertinent disruption of our temporal existence which, alas, is already too few years, when compared to, say, the life span of tortoises.

--------
Would be looking forward to spring if I didn't live in the desert.
"Unless you're prepared to surrender everything, don't surrender anything."

Society: Be yourself.
Me: OK
Society: No. Not like that.

Sorontar

I would be grateful of the benefit of the added vertical mobility of fully functioning hydraulic legs but alas the sand of the local desolate environment lessens the opportunity to correctly lubricate the mechanical limbs.

==============

I got the best jab in the business and I'm going to keep using it because it's feeding my family.
Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com

Hurricane Annie

Quote from: Sorontar on March 20, 2021, 01:24:48 AM
I would be grateful of the benefit of the added vertical mobility of fully functioning hydraulic legs but alas the sand of the local desolate environment lessens the opportunity to correctly lubricate the mechanical limbs.
I
==============

I got the best jab in the business and I'm going to keep using it because it's feeding my family.

I'm an enthusiastic pugilist possessed of a highly effective fist and intend to exploit my ability to pummel any jumped up comer that challenges my reputation . It will facilitate the provision of edible commodity for my dependent whanau members

©©©©©©©©©©©©©

Beat about the bush

Cora Courcelle

Sado-masochism anybody?

I love a good magician.
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

walking stick

I am enamoured of the skills shown by a talented prestidigitator.
=======================================

Come on baby light my fire.

Synistor 303

I wish to prevail upon the skills of an infant to assist with the ignition of my inferno.

=====================================================

Prepare to repel boarders!

Sorontar

It is a necessity that you endeavour to design and implement sufficient mechanisms to prevent the intrusion and visitation of individuals who wish to reside within the relevant locations whilst paying what they believe to be sufficient monies to account for said presence and usage of the location.

======================

This craft is too big for this canal.

Cora Courcelle

It is ever a given that should a vehicle of magnitude great enough to make it impossible to fit athwart an important maritime cutting traverse this passageway, conditions will arise whereby said floating behemoth will indeed become embedded, causing chaos to merchants and employment for the owners of nearby small and powerful tenders.

=================

I'd rather have an easter egg than an easter bunny.

Bartholomew Thatch

Has our society finally been accepted by mass conformist.

Hey babe, will you get me a beer! (please)

Sorontar

Alert the juvenile of my directives for them to endeavour to purchase or purloin me a lager of exceptional quality, if that were to be possible regardless of their limited skillset, limb length and strength.
=============
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one

walking stick

One may describe me as lost in fantasy...however, many others have drawn the map I follow.
==========================================================

But you're not fooling me, 'cause I can see
The way you shake and shiver