News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Fancy word game

Started by Caledonian, June 29, 2015, 02:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Hawthorne

I beg that you will inform me of the hour at which the locomotive is expected to reach its terminus.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would you like a cup of tea while you're waiting?
Colonel Sir Julius Hawthorne
H.M. Air Privateers (Retd.)

http://capitalsteampunknz.org

Whatever did we do before retro-futurism?

Will Howard

Would you be pleased to receive a container of a hot herbal infusion as the train's arrival time approaches?

======================================================================

Would you like some pastry with your tea?
"I'm a Barbarian by choice, not ancestry..."

Cubinoid

I wondered if it might not be seen as a gross impertinence if I were to take the liberty of enquiring whether, in addition to the beverage you currently possess (and seem to be enjoying), you wouldn't say no to the suggestion of being offered further sustenance in the form of something more solid and at the same time equally delicious, perhaps from the patisserie?

- - - - - - -

Yes please, I haven't eaten for days.
We are proud to present the Surrey Steampunk Convivial, for your pleasure:

Cubinoid

Quote from: Cubinoid on July 09, 2015, 12:10:22 AM
I wondered if it might not be seen as a gross impertinence if I were to take the liberty of enquiring whether, in addition to the beverage you currently possess (and seem to be enjoying), you wouldn't say no to the suggestion of being offered further sustenance in the form of something more solid yet at the same time equally delicious, perhaps from the patisserie?

- - - - - - -

Yes please, I haven't eaten for days.
We are proud to present the Surrey Steampunk Convivial, for your pleasure:

Colonel Hawthorne

You are very good, sir; sustenance has not passed my lips for several rotations of the planet.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Another biscuit, please.

Clym Angus

If it would not be too much trouble I would require another one of your fine small baked products.

"selfie"

Maets

May I present an image of one of the greatest beings in all creation.

Please forgive my modesty.

walking stick

Do make allowances for my understatement of the magnificence of my existence upon this earthly plane.

No.

Caledonian

The answer to the question stated is negative in nature.

Physics is hard
Passion is like a Peatfire

Will Howard

The studies of the various imponderables of the scientific world is quite difficult.

==================================================

Brussels sprouts should all be forcibly deported to Belgium.

Colonel Hawthorne

It appears advisable to return blossoms developed on the stem of Brussels foliage to one of the Low Countries.

---------------------------------------------------------

Is that a ten-gallon hat or are you just pleased to see me?

walking stick

Is that perhaps a chapeau of the cowboy style apocryphally claimed to be able to hold eighty pints or is that rising curve a sign of your manly enthusiasm at setting eyes on my good self.

Friendly fire isn't.

Will Howard

Intent notwithstanding, ALL fire is hostile.

===============================

You must endeavour to proceed without fail.

Clym Angus

I would be terribly, terribly nice if you could refrain from utter ruination. Forcing yourself, through some strange quirk of fate and courage, to succeed instead?

My milk shake brings all the boys to the yard. And their like, it's better than yours.

Colonel Hawthorne

The agitated lacteal secretions of the mammary glands of the female graminiverous bovine quadruped in my possession summon the entirety of the male children to the vacant land adjacent to my abode.  Furthermore, it is superior to that which belongs to you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.

Will Howard

In my possession one will find a most beauteous conglomeration  of milk-bearing nuts from palm-like trees.

===============================================================

Vegetarians & vegans are deliberately depriving themselves of nutritious & tasty foods.  Is this not a form of Masochism?

Antonus Fudge

Otherwise correctly-minded ladies and gentlemen of society are eschewing, as it were, not meats nor animal produce of any manner; rather it is said around the tables and walkways of "the town proper" that they are devouring solely the flora, vegetations, &c., that such a beast might itself consume, as though their minds had been interchanged with that of the other, in the way of les expériences grotesques. This must surely leave their palate so pitifully un-nourished and dissatisfied in general terms that one wonders whether they are perhaps among the devotees of von Sacher-Masoch.

Translate: What do you call a man with a spade on his head?
~ * ~

walking stick

Quote from: Antonus Fudge on July 10, 2015, 04:35:17 AM

Render into clear language:  By what appellation should one address a gentleman who, for some reason, is wearing a digging implement instead of a suitable hat?

Green grow the rushes oh.

Will Howard

Otherwise correctly-minded ladies and gentlemen of society are eschewing,

If they are eschewing, whyfore are they not eswallowing?

Caledonian

Quote from: walking stick on July 10, 2015, 01:34:05 PM

Render into clear language:  By what appellation should one address a gentleman who, for some reason, is wearing a digging implement instead of a suitable hat?

Green grow the rushes oh.

The colour in which the boscase arises is emerald. Oh.

Can anybody tell me where the Blarney roses grow?
Passion is like a Peatfire

walking stick

I wonder if someone amongst you might have information on the likeliest habitat wherein the blooms popularly known as Blarney Roses might flourish.

Daisy, daisy give me your answer do.

Antonus Fudge

Ah!, Bellis Perennis, thou flower, bequeath unto me my response to that fated question that I have curled up at thee; I beg it, in the affirm or other!

Translate:bad boys, bad boys, what ya gonna do? What ya gonna do when they come for you?
~ * ~

Will Howard

Young male offenders, young male offenders; have you a back-up plan in case of pursuit?  Shall you be able to evade arrest?

==================================================================================

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!  Even thou the sound of it is something quite atrocious!

walking stick

A word that contains in order the following meanings Spiffing, Islamic leader, jazz tune, myself, tilt, frozen water,sign meaning times in maths, The ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter, noun singular, outdoor swimming pool,the acronym for confidential information, the mathematical sign for nothing and finally the group that we ourselves belong to.   Not withstanding the fact that it's very utterance is often appalling to the ear, the tongue and the intellect.

Practically perfect in every way.

Antonus Fudge

Having been subjected to a barrage of tests most rigorous both in daily use and conditions in the laboratory, our findings can enlighten us that the item in question is, in fact, without any detectable flaw.

How much wood would a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
~ * ~